It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how would a one world religion form?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
when we look at government, and domination leaders especially at wars, who do they model? Hitler, Stalin, Bush, Ceaser, all leaders with a lot of power, some wanting to take over the world more then others. hypothetically speaking, if the antiChrist is the one to create a one world religion, who better to model after for domination then him, since he shall create peace and things that seemed like fairy tales not to long ago? now weather u belive in the antichrist or not, who cares, but really, how could it be possible, that MAYBE someone could create a one world religion? would u be for it, to create such a powerful thing for the world? u got christians and Islaamist on one ring, they clearly cant get along under the same religion, and then u have catholics and protestents in christians. then baptists and methodists which cant get along under same religion, and then in the baptist religion u have many different kinds of baptists, so how can a one world religion be achieved, and would the idea flow if there was actually a way do u think, by some leader?

[edit on 1/10/2006 by world leader]

[edit on 1/10/2006 by world leader]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The problem as I see it, is that people still think of the antichrist as a negative, when in fact anti in Greek is more often used meaning 'instead of' or 'in place of' rather than as it's commonly used in English meaning 'in antithesis to Christ.'

I don't actually believe Jesus was the only Christ. In fact I believe we may have had several Christs since Jesus that go unmentioned due to the negative connotations attributed to the word 'antichrist.'

Obviously though with Christianity as the world's major religion any free-thinker with enough potential to lead humans in a positive direction without the use of manmade doctrine would be labelled 'the antichrist' which is very beneficial as it encourages conformity.

Hmmmm... I smell conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
yes, this is a very good point of the word anti. but, besides weather the antichrist thing is true, if u can imagine a guy with the potential of the antichrist, he would do the world good, but do remember the point of this post guys, how do u think, if this is possible, that a one world religion could be formed?? its sort of puzzling you no.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I don't think it is possible. so many people in the world, how would you get them all to believe the same thing? If it did happen, that would end most religious disputes and make things a lot more peacefull.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The anti-Christ could perform divine-like miracles and replace not only all the prophets, but also all other deities.

As his/her final trick, a resurrection should cement their being able to replace all other religions.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
It would and will happen when people realise what religeon is there for. Then there will be one religeon because there always has been. That religeon is life, the life we are given and the life in us all. This isnt some crazy idea iv conjured up for a reply, this is the truth behind all religeons, God and all Gods in any religeons represent the life energy, which is also love, joy and everything possative which people experience and call God.

So, these days most people dont see this, and so devide religeon as right or wrong. Blinded by their own religeons, because they dont understand.

There is hope for all

Pure World!

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Wouldn't a one world religion be a Dogma, I mean, If they would write a book on it and so forth.

Would it be a putting together of all religions so one is established?

What religion is better than the one being felt?

If this one world religion comes????? Would we have to love one another as to what they are, or who they are? And isn't a world with everybody liking eachother for who or what they are impossible? might be more impossible for who they are.. for when one realises what we are, isn't it plain to say we interact righteous then, with no masks. Everybody knowing on the spot what one thinks or feels about him, or what he says. This should be the one world religion, not one maketh up by Satan.

If it is something we all need to read and believe, without insight in it, pass it away please. Like some hypnotising scam, or a thing that creates us all the same, leave it please. Not good for humans.

Believe what is felt I'd say, might be hard to overcome first, but when progress is showing, faith coming up quick, revealing your fruits. And miracles shown to the ones who listen.

As a matter of fact, aren't almost all religions the same, or going to a same type of thinking, one God etc. With fellow people not worshipped as a God, please, but godlike. Like in hindu, are they seen as Gods or godlike? Don't they believe one God made their 'gods' godlike?

There is only one, one to be heard, seen, felt, sensed and studied.

There are lots, to talk about, to compare, to judge, to worship.

Get real.

AA

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
A one world religion woudl be difficult to manufacture. Many paganistic religions are syncreistic. This means that an ancient greek could go to italy, and say, 'the god these barbarians call 'jupyteer' is what we recognize as zeus'.
With the judaic religions, there is no syncretism. Other gods are viewed as utterly false, or as demons posing as gods. Thus the hebrews wouldn't say 'that which the tyrians call Baal, we call the Lord', or christians wouldn't say, 'the god of the bible is the universal true god, and he has been recognized, however imperfectly, in other religions, or all religions'. Muslims won't say 'the old moon god that our ancestors worshipped, that was a confusion on their part, and they were really worshipping The Lord.' They'd say 'the moon god is a demon and false idol'.

So if there was some way to make all religions syncreistic, then that would be a reasonable approximation to a one world religion. "That which we call Jesus is recognized and portended by the primitive religions in the osiris and tammuz myths".

Of course, the intersting thing is, christians already say something like syncretism, they say 'that which we recognize as god the father, son, and holy spirit, the hebrews worshipped them as Yahweh', etc.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
sure he does divine things, but in creating peace, you cant divinely force or mindcontrol a one world religion on everyone, it has to be something to create a one world religion that EVERYONE would agree with, peacefully. so how would this happen? any ideas anyone?

Originally posted by BOHICA
The anti-Christ could perform divine-like miracles and replace not only all the prophets, but also all other deities.

As his/her final trick, a resurrection should cement their being able to replace all other religions.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_the_byron
The problem as I see it, is that people still think of the antichrist as a negative, when in fact anti in Greek is more often used meaning 'instead of' or 'in place of' rather than as it's commonly used in English meaning 'in antithesis to Christ.'

No, you are wrong. Anti means "opposite of", not "instead of". "Antithesis" is a composite Greek word: "anti" means "opposite of", "thesis" means "position".

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

how would a one world religion form?

First of all, there should be no religion. There should be faith, but

Very simple:
1. When everyone realizes there is only one God (no matter what they want to call him/her) and
2. When everyone realizes that every human being on the planet is no better than any other human being on the planet
3. When people stop following and forming religions and
4. When people stop leading religions
5. When people stop telling people what to believe, how to live, who to hate, who to love, etc....

Now understand: THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
except when one wicked nation tries to control and brainwash our mind with us even not noticing it.

things could get crappy around here then.

let's hope not.

AA

[edit on 11-1-2006 by alienaddicted]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Wel, without any kind of divine seeming events happening, I can see one way that a single world religion would be crreated, but for that to happen billions would have to die, and al children after that would have to be brainwashed from birth.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
All children are brainwashed from birth to begin with. A one world religion or no religion at all. I don't see how you could have a one world religion unless all religious people died. I think that if we had no religion at all you would see a happier more peaceful world. Less hate, less death and less wars.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I just had a brainstorm you guys! What if all the religions are already derivitave of one main religion but the population as mentioned earlier being brainwashed from birth don't know it. Wouldn't that be slick if the government has pulled that off already.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Well throughout history leaders have imposed a religion on all of the territories there have owned. Rome at one time owned most of the "discovered" world, and at times there leaders have forced a religion on all of the people in those territories. The way the world religion will occur, is the antiChrist, will impose his belief system on the entire world. If you choose not to follow it, this will me death to you. Its pretty cut and dry. It the antiChrist, has supreme power over the entire world, he will pretty much, be able to impose whatever he wants on the world

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think the anti christ should cancle all religion and let that be our religion. John Lennon nailed it when he sang - and no religion too , imagine all the people living for todayyyyy. You who- ooh- ooh - ooh you may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Of course he himself practiced many religions

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It is my opinion as well that organized religion has too many pitfalls to be likely to ever incorporate all faiths. I believe Shinto is one faith that has no ordained official written scriptures. I don't know if the reason for that was to eliminate any bickering over semantics or beliefs, but without a written scripture it is pretty hard to argue.
When I read the descriptions of the traditional faiths, the ones that predate organized religions, they struck a chord with me. That is the closest thing to religion that I feel close to, though all faiths have some very valuable messages.
On the Simpsons Lisa mentioned that Buddhists are free to practice their religions, so she was able to celebrate Christmas and still be a Buddhist.
If the 4000 or so splinter groups of Christianity can get together, then the three Abrahamic faiths can get together (Judaeism, Christianity, and Islam.), and then that group can get together with........oh wait, lol, no need to go any further with that train of thought. Like the three faiths who revere Abraham as a Patriarch are ever seriously going to get along. lol yeah right. Well, that suggests how likely it is for all the worlds faiths to unite. If I was a betting man.......

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
``

a singular and universal body of thought ( a 1 world religion) is already in existance.

..its just that all those other spiritual or magical or idealistic+utopia subsets of religiousity, are still allowed to be practiced, or else are
tolerated by "them"....at least for now.

the universal, 1 world religion = ( body-of-thought & practice )
is right now being reinforced and given authority by the power & force of man's reason.

look towards The rule of Law and Order also see how
Scientific mind and Patriotism, Nationalism are being used
to herd the sheeple into the direction of Humanism & Revelativism....which are slowly but surely pushing the faiths & belief systems of the various religions in todays world into the trash-bin of social experimentation

don't forget about the manufactured "Clash of Civilizations" which involves both Islamic fundamentalism and Christian+ christianZionists to destroy one another in flesh and decimate each body of thought as an archaic type of superstition that were populated with zealots .... as opposed to the
"illuminated" which are the multitudes of the 1World Religion

consider that the tools of the anti-christ will be the illusion of freedom, peace, one-person-one-vote, enlightened scientific mind, democracy, free-trade, peace-through-strength, ridding the world & social order of disruptive forces (i.e. evil)...
so that Hedonism & Self may supplant the higher moral ideals which have some lingering gravitas in those age-old religions still around today.

consider, that antichrist means the obverse of the Christ model- - -
and not a mutated, diabolical version of the 2000year old Christ model.

well, it at least makes sense to me- if not to you

top topics

<<   2 >>

join