It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final agony of RAF volunteer killed by sarin - in Britain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I see that the British were just as bad at using human guinea pigs as most other countries....

I do know that this is some very scary stuff, as I am in the loop to deal with it should any be used in our area....

As the inquest into the death of a 'human guinea pig' at Porton Down opens, a witness breaks 50 years' silence to recount the horrors he saw

Antony Barnett, public affairs editor
Sunday September 28, 2003
The Observer

Like most 19-year-olds, Alfred Thornhill had never seen anybody die. When the fresh-faced trainee engineer from Salford answered his call for National Service, he thought he could handle anything.
Dispatched to the ambulance service, the self-confident teenager arrived for a month-long posting at Porton Down, the Government's top-secret chemical weapons laboratory in Wiltshire. He was proud to be doing his bit for his country.

But nothing could have prepared the young Mancunian for the horrific events he witnessed on a May morning in 1953. Answering an emergency call, he witnessed scenes which would haunt him for half a century and thrust him to the centre of an inquiry into one of the darkest hours of British

observer.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
We just overthrew Saddam for supposedly the same thing: gassing his own people.

We didnt do it to rebelious tribes either.

We do it to volountary soldiers, people who want to fight for thier country ect.

Britain, US....does it matter where? both countries had the audacity to accuse Saddam of being a murderer.

How many people have the US and Britian kileled in thier gas chambers purely for the sake of "research" or whim?

And Saddam is an evil mass murderer?

Over 3000 young men, according to this article, were gassed and killed by their onw govornment.

Add to that the number of US deaths from said experiemnts......

And Saddam is a bad guy how?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
200mg of Sarin..

Even 50mg will kill many humans if it is in a 'chamber'..

But it might be that this isnt/wasnt 'pure' Sarin.. so it would be 'less lethal'..

Just like with tear gas.. (CN/CS) less than 'pure' variants of these are quite 'mild' but 100% stuff usually even kills people, especially if used in-doors.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Thats absolutely horrible. I knew about the brits doing stuff like this but not during that era. very interesting.

new topics

top topics

join