It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Could Perform ANY Miracle .. . (a measure of character)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
busy busy busy.

I find little time to come to my happy place, but still here occasionally, and briefly . . .

(smiling)

This your happy place? Lets all sing a song for Esoteric Teacher now! C'mon y'all!

I think I had waaaaaaay tooooo much coffee today. The local deli (my happy place)

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s

Originally posted by spamandham
I do try to be as evil as possible, but the constant attention to detail wears me down.

You know you're going to hell right?

If I pray for that, will my prayer be denied because I'm an evil heathen atheist, and I don't tithe?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
You can repent at the last second, and Jesus will forgive you. He's real forgiving. I think you wouldn't even need to repent, and he still would.
I don't believe in heaven as per definition. Reincarnation is my best bet.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
If I pray for that, will my prayer be denied because I'm an evil heathen atheist, and I don't tithe?

Surely your prayers will be denied you heathen! Just to piss you off, you shall be sent to heaven and forced to wear some fancy togas and play the harp. Know who's boss!

Or.....darn BlackGuardXIII beat me to it!

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Make everyone eunuchs so that noone will have sex. Then noone can deny that a miricle hasn't taken place. Watching the fireworks from my cloud will be awesome. LOL

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If I had one miracle to do whatever I like with I would.....

Get all the worlds leaders to meet and just when the photograph is taken of everyone smiling all together, I would make everyones trousers and pants fall down. Let's face it the world needs a good laugh.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Get all the worlds leaders to meet and just when the photograph is taken of everyone smiling all together, I would make everyones trousers and pants fall down. Let's face it the world needs a good laugh.

You have a sick sick mind sir. I've lost my appetite already thinking about that!

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

You have a sick sick mind sir. I've lost my appetite already thinking about that!

Why thank you.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I suppose if i had one miracle .. .. . .. .

It might be to pull this thread up.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
If you could perform any miracle what would you choose to do with it?

You just get one miracle, and that is it. No, you can not spend that 1 miracle on having more miracles available to perform.

However, you can describe to your fellow members here on BTS what miracles you would consider.

My miracle would be to completely exterminate all religeons and remove all and any historical traces of their origins. Humanity would then be freed from the distorted doctrines of faith and the contol that it exerts on the individual and the masses that subscribe to it. Freedom from fear of a divine all seeing, omnipresent source has long been a powerful psychological tool to keep the believers clutching to their faith and thus insuring a renewable generation of converts. Miracles are mythological just like prophets and gods. Real help comes from people and that is where the 'miracle' ends....!

betterhuman.org

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
After my first post on this thread, the sarcastic thought about animals talking, I have given it a lot of thought.

tad extreme I know but..............

I would kill ever adult on the planet for acouple hours, then bring them back to life.

Maybe then everyone would realize just how precious LIFE is and act accordingly.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
my miracle would be........to not have be able to perform a miracle. If i was the only one able to perform a miracle,then others would be jealous and that would create violence.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
One miracle?

I'd remove greed from the planet. That in and of itself would start a snow ball effect of one more miracle after another.

Or...hate. Remove hate. That, too, would create many miracles as a result. Not sure which of these choices is the best...but it would be one of these!

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Any mirical would work for me. Humanity needs a refreshment of faith every 500 years or so... If I could choose any miricle I'd free everyone. Not just from enslavement but from pressure from others, from money, from the corporate ladder, from success and failure, from the overwhelming desire to reproduce

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
i would cure aids, y has no one said this already =[

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by anglosaxon
Freedom from fear of a divine all seeing, omnipresent source has long been a powerful psychological tool to keep the believers clutching to their faith and thus insuring a renewable generation of converts.

Then why not just remove your fear? I assure you once you overcome the decrepitating effects of being a being that does serve the primary command of self preservation (which means "Self + Pre (Pre = Before) + Serve), then perhaps you will see that there is in fact something higher.

Miracles are mythological just like prophets and gods. Real help comes from people and that is where the 'miracle' ends....!

This is the way your mind interprets sensory stimuli from your environment.

However all sensory input is first introduced to the subconcious part of the mind which operates at a speed of approximatley 500,000,000,000 bits of information being passed from brain cell to brain cell per second. Then what is filtered and passed on to the conscious mind is only what the conscious mind can handle, what it is looking for. Incidently, you conscious state of mind only operates at a speed of approxiately 2,000 bits of information per second.

Point being: Where do you really think your truth lies, and what is prohibiting you from knowing it, what is prohibiting from knowing your own senses'experiences?

The very fear you say .. . .. .. .

Freedom from fear of a divine all seeing, omnipresent source has long been a powerful psychological tool to keep the believers clutching to their faith and thus insuring a renewable generation of converts.

How will you conquer fear itself without an all seeing, omnipresent source?

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I thought i would pull up an old thread .....

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I would make everybody Infinitely Happy for Eternity. After all, is there anything more important than happiness, no matter what the Soul or physical condition?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join