It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D modelers wanted for concept aircraft project

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm still awestruck at your modelling skills.

Anyway, here is a clarification of the intake:

Re the Dx-14 model, lookds great. As is to be expected when modelling from sketches, a few minor tweaks. The key thing I'd like to see is a cut through of the wings so I can see what shape they are.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
copy that, thanks for quick input

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

[edit on 29-1-2006 by imbalanced]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
PS : where is the landing gear ? Need to at least make cut outs/opening for them. Also, is this a manned aircraft ? (does it need a cockpit window?)

And one more question, for refrence..., what type of engine ? regular turbine
with after burners ?

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
PS : where is the landing gear ? Need to at least make cut outs/opening for them. Also, is this a manned aircraft ? (does it need a cockpit window?)

And one more question, for refrence..., what type of engine ? regular turbine
with after burners ?

It's unmanned. It has an EJ-200 Turbofan engine -the same as on the Eurofighter, which kicks out about 20,000lb static thrust with afterburner, and has a steerable exhaust (exhaust looks same as normal round jet exhausts).

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
-UPDATE-
Pretty much done with model, I am skinning and textureing right now.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
That last 3D model above (the bi-diamond one) looks like the coolest cruise missile in the world, maybe a bit of diversification coming on?

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
k started to make the uvmap, itll be a png, so anyone that knows photoshop will
be able to make a texture for it. The normals are not coming out the way i want, if there are other 3d modelers i could use some help/advice on the normals.

here is the latest renders:

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Black is cool but maybe not the best colour to do it as it tends to hide details.

Looks nice BTW.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   

The normals are not coming out the way i want, if there are other 3d modelers i could use some help/advice on the normals.

do you mean the normals on the model or are you referring to projection normals of the uv map? Are you using a planar projection or a spherical type map? I'd use planar, you're using Lightwave, right? Dunno what it's called in LW but maybe multiple planar maps is the way to go.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I use maya, I am talking about the normals angles, they arent relflecting light in the right directions. So some areas look washed out.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Have you tried "soften normals" in the edit poly menu (not much help if you're using nurbs) If you want to upload the model somewhere, I'd be willing to have a look and see if I can help.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by fingapointa]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join