It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Bomb Found In San Francisco Starbucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Monday, January 9th, 2006. An explosive device was found in a bathroom at a local San Francisco Starbucks. No injuries as police were able to diffuse the bomb. At the time of this news submission, no suspects have been named by police officials. No one has claimed responsibility for the act.

sfgate.com
About 100 people were evacuated and traffic on two busy San Francisco thoroughfares was rerouted Monday as police disabled a homemade bomb in the restroom of a Starbucks coffee shop.

The bomb squad disabled the device at about 2:10 p.m., and witnesses said they heard a popping sound at the time.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It is early to be drawing conclusions, but I will venture this...
Starbucks is a major "neon sign" that advertises the Western Culture and capitalism, along with Wal Mart, McDonalds, etc.

One would have to assume that this was not part of an elaborate al qaeda scheme, but an anti-establishment act of violence.

Perhaps, spreading fear was the only motive. Here on the West Coast, we have been immune, so to speak, from the major homeland terrorism. This could bode badly for those on the other side of the continent.

Thank God the device was not detonated.

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I would be interested to find out more about the guy who found it. It is good they were able to diffuse the bomb before it went off. Dont get me wrong, but if someone was going to actually bomb the place, they wouldnt have had time to diffuse it. Just seems kind of odd to me.

[edit on 10-1-2006 by mrsdudara]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
I would be interested to find out how the bomb was found. It is good they were able to diffuse the bomb before it went off. Dont get me wrong, but if someone was going to actually bomb the place, they wouldnt have had time to diffuse it. Just seems kind of odd to me.

I agree this doesn't sound like anything more than a ticked off employee or someones idea of a bad joke. All the info isn't in yet but I do not give much stock to this being a failed terrorist attempt.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I like this quote...

"If it had detonated, it would have caused damage," Gittens said.

As opposed to not detonating and not causing damage? I think that's a little obvious.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I submitted this story yesterday while it was happening and it got moved to other current events without even letting me know about it. What actually makes the news here?

ATS Thread

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
From the news description I read last night "It looked like a metal flashlight", I believe this made have been a simple, homemade pipebomb.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
this america under attack b.s is getting played out.look out the whole countrys scared to death oh please mr. G.6u5h flush our constitution and throw away our rights cause were scared to death.ooh oh time for marshal law.protect us from these awful terrorist.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

As opposed to not detonating and not causing damage?

As opposed to being faulty, or as opposed to being very small.

poopie
protect us from these awful terrorist.

you think its funny that some one put a bomb in a public place and that it would've killed people if it'd've gone off?

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Man arrested in Starbucks bomb incident

Looks like they found out who it was.

link

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CogitoErgoSum1
Looks like they found out who it was.

Thanks for the follow up Cog!

My first News Submission!
Hooray!

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
for crying out loud i think its funny cause its a hoaks i think its part of a elaborate scheme to scare the people just like 9/11 they've found more bombs in a harbor near L.A. yesterday. if you trust your government so much why log onto this web site, you have too much of a one sided view and closed opinion.furthermore that bomb was put there to be found.it does'nt take much to detonate a bomb,let alone scare the candyassed public.like i said watchout here comes marshall law

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
POOPIE...
If what you say is correct...
And it may be...
ITS ANYTHING BUT F'ing FUNNY!

NOT FUNNY!

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The "bomb" found at said Starbucks turns out to have been a flashlight containing corroded batteries. The man being held on charges of planting the "bomb," found the flashlight in the street and dropped it in the restroom by mistake. He continues to be held on an unrelated burglary charge.

What authorities thought was a bomb in a Starbucks coffee shop turned out to be a flashlight casing, police said Thursday.

A forensic analysis "revealed the absence of any explosive material," a police statement said.

The station reported that the flashlight was filled with corroded batteries.

cnn.com

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Good Grief!

"Diffused" the bomb is what they said...

UNBELIEVABLE!

Unless, it's a reverse coverup...

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I went back and re-read the initial coverage, after I found out the whole thing was bs, and I was amazed at the comment made by sgt. Giblet, or whatever his name was. He talks about the bomb, in terms like "It was a good device, if it went off there would have been injuries and damage."

That's a spicy flashlight!

What's going on here? Was it a coverup, after the fact, to make people feel more secure? Was there actually a bomb, and the lab analysis is the coverup part?

Seriously..what's going on here?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Here is the discussion thread detailing the "error"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join