It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetic Mutations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
*Image Warning*

Image Warning

"Cy, short for Cyclopes, a kitten born with only one eye and no nose, is shown in this photo provided by its owner in Redmond, Oregon, on Wednesday, Dec. 28, 2005. "

news.yahoo.com.../060109/480/nyet27501091906

This poor creature lived but a short time, but it should be a warning sign to all of america of the deformaties that occurr all to regularly. Have we reached a point where our food supplie is so far gone? Or is this a product of imported tainted pet food from that poluted wasteland called China?

[edit on 10-1-2006 by thermopolis]

[edit on 10-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Would of been interesting if it lived. I wonder though if it had anything to do with possible complication's or genetic defect's from the parent's of the kitten.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well, if you do a search you should find lots of articles on mutations on animals.. Looks like they are comming more and more common. Also, humans are getting more and more sick.

I guess our way of life with pollution and such, is affecting the earth a lot more than just the atmosphere.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Well, if you do a search you should find lots of articles on mutations on animals.. Looks like they are comming more and more common. Also, humans are getting more and more sick.

I guess our way of life with pollution and such, is affecting the earth a lot more than just the atmosphere.

No, i think media is allowing us to find out about the mutations more easily. But on the other hand yes....way of life and pollution probably do have a major effect. Speaking of mutations i have noticed quite a few humans with minor how should i put it, mutations sounds grotesque (sp?) umm deformities i guess.....including me unfortunately lol

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Uber fr0g, sorry to hear about that. Yes, media is in large part the culprit, but COME ON. DNA is bombarded by cosmic radiation constantly. Don't you think sometimes some things don't get repaired very well? That, given how much our population has grown, makes aberrations more likely (low probability times a huge sample size = moderate probability. simple math)
yes, there's more pollution these days but it's not just China (where is this sentiment from, anyhow?). This has nothing to do with low food supplies or congenital defects in the mother cat (note how only one kitten had this). I wouldn't worry about a "one-eye" disorder making rounds in the population of Felis sylvestris anytime soon.
There are enough carcinogens made just about from any industry to get your base mutation rate to rocket in its vicinity. Consider how dense the industry is here in the West (south, mostly) and yes, Asia, it is a wonder that stranger things have not happened (probably because they were too odd to be viable).
10 fingers? two kidneys? be happy and mind the tail

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I forget the actual 'miscarriage rate' in human females due to lethal mutation - (BSL4doc, where are you?
) it's actually very high, and in most cases we never know about it because somehow the host knows the blastocyst/embryo isn't viable and rejects it before it can develop any more.

Had to do embryology in my pre-clinical years and some of the pictures in those books are really bizarre. I've not looked to hard for links because it's not the sort of thing that you would want to direct a casual observer to.

Does anyone have any data on an increase in deformities over the past 100 years? Would this be masked because of increased ultrasound screening and termination of 'non-ideal' pregnancies?

TD

new topics

top topics

join