It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What we westener's want

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
This letter is written in reply to the thread: What we Iraqis Want

What we westerner's want is for the Iraqi people to grow up and stop acting like a bunch of pyscopathic looney-tunes. You have a real opportunity to create a new and better country and instead you ALLOW morons like the Al-zahari or whatever his stupid name is to run free and war on his own people for some distorted (and false) view of Islam. Yes you've had it rough and STILL have it rough but you have never been in a better position to pick your future path. When was the last time you were able to choose your government. You may say that the US elections are corrupt but at least you have an opportunity to fix that corruption (if it even exists) and that is a 1000 times better than having a dictator

We want the middle east in general, to grow up and stop acting like a bunch of pyscopathic looney tunes. Bin Laden says we are trying to take oil from the Middle East, that we hate Islam in general. The truth is, most people couldn't care less if Islam exists or not, they just want to go to the football and live their lives in peace. Yes, we come over and bomb your people, what do you expect when you try and screw us over with high oil prices and constantly act like little children fighting over candy as your war amongst your self over and over again? Oil IS AS IMPORTANT AS WATER so tell me how you would feel if someone was threatening your supply of water?

Bah, a fat lot of good this letter will do anyway

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
What we Americans HOPE for is that Iraq will become a free and democratic society. The path will not be an easy one, you will be repeating the steps of my (United States) nation's founders. We commend you for this. Oppression will attempt to show it's face at every facet, we will be here to assist you in it's defeat. It WILL be defeated. We do understand that your live's have been turned upside down and that loved ones have been lost, you have our condolences.

Over a 100 years ago, we were faced with a similar situation, it was known as the American Civil War. Brother against brother, father against son. Even though your foe may be on the opposite side of the battlefield, you will come to respect them. Their ideals may not agree with that of your own, but they are fighting for what they believe in. This can never be discounted, as at the end of the conflict, every drop of blood spilt was for Iraq.

Some will say oil is our reason for our presence in your country, this is hard to justify when current outputs are below the Saddam era, during which time your country was under sanction. This is not the case. Oil is a major assest of your country, it is our wish to assist you in rebuilding the industry so that you may further improve your standard of living.

The trials you are currently traveling are greater than those that I can imagine. God Bless.

[edit on 10-1-2006 by crisko]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanBeanWhat we westerner's want is for the Iraqi people to grow up and stop acting like a bunch of pyscopathic looney-tunes.

Why do we "want" that? Help me understand your reasoning.

Oil IS AS IMPORTANT AS WATER so tell me how you would feel if someone was threatening your supply of water?

I guess I'd be pretty upset if I lived next to the Great Lakes in the U.S. and someone from another continent stopped by to forcibly tap into that water.

Your reasoning appears to be somewhat simplistic and gleaned from the talking heads of mainstream news-entertainment. Perhaps you can help us understand a bit more of your rationale?

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Look mate...human (you dont me calling you that do you?) , you might not like the threads here...hell might not even like the user but think about it....what point is there in posting stuff like this when your mad?

It makes no point, all it does is make you MORE mad when someone ethier contradicts you, corrects you, punishes you or flames you.

If you have an opinion about something on the board or dont like the way things are being "missed out" or "not being reported" or an opinion "not represented" then go out and make a thread, but make one that DRIVES a point. Full of facts, undeniable facts or something that will make people stop and think.

Anyhow thats just me saying this....

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Your reasoning appears to be somewhat simplistic and gleaned from the talking heads of mainstream news-entertainment. Perhaps you can help us understand a bit more of your rationale?

Thanks.

You're right, it is simple. I'll try and take it s.l.o.w.l.y for you. America have been meddling in the Middle East for a long time because the middle east is the largest single source of oil in the world and due to it's lack of political stability that source is often threatened. Having already established that oil is an extremely important commodity to the western way of life (rightly or wrongly), do you think the US would be wasting all this time, effort and money poking around with Middle East politics if the people in the middle east owned nothing but desert?

Nope, instead we find that the US politicians have to act in the best interest in their nation because if oil prices go up and our way of life is threatened then the people get angry and the politicians loose their jobs. It only takes one infant to die because their parents can't afford medacine, because the medacine is made in Europe and costs 2x as much as it did before, because the price of oil has gone up so much that the jet fuel used to fly the medacine to America costs 5x as much as it did before. Or maybe Joe Bloe protests because he loses his job working at the SUV factory because no one wants to buy SUV's any more because they use too much expensive fuel and now he's pissed off.

Was that too fast for you? Nasty isn't it, to look truth in the face, but truth it is. It may make the west a pack of assholes but then if the roles were reversed and they needed to buy drinking water from us but often couldn't (or we charged them way more than what it was worth), would you blame them for wanting to "interfere" with us?

I guess I'd be pretty upset if I lived next to the Great Lakes in the U.S. and someone from another continent stopped by to forcibly tap into that water

Yes you probably would. But if I got my drinking water from the Great Lakes and you were pissing in it then whether you were happy about me coming in and taking it wouldn't make one *tiny* scrap of difference to me.

mod edit, profanity

[edit on 10-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Look mate...human (you dont me calling you that do you?) , you might not like the threads here...hell might not even like the user but think about it....what point is there in posting stuff like this when your mad?

Fair enough. I was mad when I posted this and probably insulted a lot of people for which I apolagize. And no, I don't mind you calling me human nor miss the irony of doing so

I still think there are some valid points in my post though, even if it wasn't delivered very well

[edit on 10/1/2006 by HumanBean]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanBean
Fair enough. I was mad when I posted this and probably insulted a lot of people for which I apolagize. And no, I don't mind you calling me human nor miss the irony of doing so

I still think there are some valid points in my post though, even if it wasn't delivered very well

[edit on 10/1/2006 by HumanBean]

Its alright mate, we all make mistakes, besides you did make your views heard...just ease off the temper a bit mate..does you no good to get a warn (believe me)

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
As an American I just want Middle Easterners to take a chill pill and live peacefully with each other and flourish as part of the global community...is that too much to ask?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   

This letter is written in reply to the thread: What we Iraqis Want

What we westerner's want is for the Iraqi people to grow up and stop acting like a bunch of pyscopathic looney-tunes.

So according to you the Iraqis should just stop the fighting, give the US its oil and let them set up bases for decades on there soil? What the hell gives your messed up country the right to take anything it sees fit? Is it because you see yourself more human then these "pyscopathic looney-tunes."

Its bad but sometimes i find myself wishing people like you experienced war, or had your whole family blown to peices for a drum of oil. You know yes, after all the bullpoo the USA has given out, it needs another 9/11

Like you Americans say you need to attack back with overwhelming force to scare people into not attacking again, so i say bring on 9/11x100 maybe then after a couple of hundred americans are dead there bodies rotting in the street, maybe then you will see that death is death no matter where it is.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality
So according to you the Iraqis should just stop the fighting, give the US its oil and let them set up bases for decades on there soil? What the hell gives your messed up country the right to take anything it sees fit? Is it because you see yourself more human then these "pyscopathic looney-tunes."

Its bad but sometimes i find myself wishing people like you experienced war, or had your whole family blown to peices for a drum of oil. You know yes, after all the bull# the USA has given out, it needs another 9/11.

Like you Americans say you need to attack back with overwhelming force to scare people into not attacking again, so i say bring on 9/11x100 maybe then after a couple of hundred americans are dead there bodies rotting in the street, maybe then you will see that death is death no matter where it is.

Umm, not quite. What I meant, though I delivered it poorly was that if the middle east, as a whole, just calmed down and stopped fighting over every little thing. The US would find no need to interefer because all it really wants is a stable oil supply. Oil is very important, to the US and to the entire world and if the supply is threatened then it has very large econmic and social (indirectly) impacts on THE ENTIRE WORLD as my post above explains. I really can't emphasise this enough: OIL IS AS IMPORTANT AS WATER AND FOOD and yes, it is a valid reason to go to war because I bet if you couldn't get your food because there was no petrol to fuel the trucks then you would be screeming bloody murder too. Do you see my point or are you as angry as I was in my first few posts. It's a bad deal, but that's the way it is. There is no taking or leaving it.

BTW, I am not American. I do feel some measure of gratitude to the US though because I believe it has the guts to do what no other county does even though the rest of the world complains about it. I think they are over arrogant in dealing with the rest of the world and that a lot of the decisions they have made in the past have been poor ones but the world would be a much worse place today had they not been around in WWI, WWII, Korea and during the Cold War. Would you really want to speak German, Russian or Chinese (no offense to any of those countries but at the time, that's how it could have played out)

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

You're right, it is simple. I'll try and take it s.l.o.w.l.y for you. America have been meddling in the Middle East for a long time because the middle east is the largest single source of oil in the world and due to it's lack of political stability that source is often threatened. Having already established that oil is an extremely important commodity to the western way of life (rightly or wrongly), do you think the US would be wasting all this time, effort and money poking around with Middle East politics if the people in the middle east owned nothing but desert?

Haha, it's even more unstable there now, that's why people in Europe, China etc. will rather rely on stable Russian oil and natural gas.
The Russians should be thankful! You're helping them acheive more wealth and power! They should urge the US to invade Iran, and Saudi Arabia too. Oh, don't forget Syria!

[edit on 10/1/2006 by SwearBear]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I see a common trend here; and it was a bit of an experiment of my own.

I purposely replied to his post in a different manner, trying to offer a better outlook in comparison to what he stated.

You've all chosen to focus on his hate, which as far as I can tell, as brought out aggression in you as well.

Where as, my post was for the most part ignored.

Human nature is as it is, no pun intended.

Also, none of you have offered your own views as westener's.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear
Haha, it's even more unstable there now, that's why people in Europe, China etc. will rather rely on stable Russian oil and natural gas.
The Russians should be thankful! You're helping them acheive more wealth and power! They should urge the US to invade Iran, and Saudi Arabia too. Oh, don't forget Syria!

Ouch! SwearBear are you trying to take some of the heat away from me?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Maybe I am off beat here, but I think every reply in this topic is, well off topic.

What do you as a westener want, aside from bashing others?

Think of something or don't post.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
OK, having cooled down a little then let me state what I, as a westener want (when I am not in a really, really bad mood)

What I want is for Iraq and the whole world to be free and have everything that they want and need. Maybe, when that occurs the countries that currently hate the west will actually think we are all right and we wont have to have the news on TV because nothing bad will happen in the world.

I would also like some parts of Islam, also, to take a step back and realise that very few westerners have anything against Islam at all. I have never heard a single person I know say that they hate Islam, all I have heard them say is that they can't understand why there always seems to be war in the middle east.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
See what happens when you look past anger/frustration/hate?

Support the troops, they are trying their damn best to make it happen.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
My opinion is that we westerners should use our damn heads.

1) Use our amazing science and fantastic brains to come up with an alternative to fossil fuels i.e. fusion. All it takes is one more Manhatten project.

2) Leave the middle east to rot in the cesspool of misery and hate it has become. The arabs think we're taking their oil? Fine let the keep the stuff. Between the rest of the world we have enough oil for plastics and drugs.

3) Enjoy our lives.

(Unfortunately there are a lot of people in the west that make a large ammout of cash out of oil and weapons in the middle east and they have it far to good to allow this to happen.)

PS ironically the thread "what we Iraqis want" was started by Syrian Sister. Thats like me saying what we French want and Im English!

[edit on 10-1-2006 by enslaved83]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well, aside from a new cigar cutter and a portable chess computer (with backlight!) for getting the bus to work in the mornings (all my Chanukah hints fell on deaf ears this year)...

I would like us Westerners to be a little more open to critisiscm of our own actions...

...us to realise that we (the West) help create much of the power dynamic in the world and shouldn't be so surprised when it all goes a bit Pete Tong...

... for those who find issue with certain actions by the US Administration not to be constantly labled 'Anti US' or something equally Macarthyite (okay there are some who are rabidly 'anti' lots of things, but the world is made on disctinctions)...

... for the poster who mentioned creating alternative energy sources while implying that us (the West) being at the mercy of oil producing countries was somehow the fault or scheme of the middle-eastern oil companies to really think about who had the biggest finanical interest in the trade in oil...

Q

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I for one Westerner would like to see peace on earth and good will to all!
I would like to never see another American soldier die in a foriegn land. I would like to see America get off it's arse and develop aternate energy so we are not dependent on foreign oil or concerned about unrest in the Middle East. I would like to watch the evening news just one night when the anchor comes on and says, 'There were no wars, no major disasters, no terror bombings and no one said a single bad thing about anyone today, so we are signing off early, Sorry folks but goodnews just isn't news!" Cold day in hell huh? Back to reality, I would like to see the troops in Iraq and Afganistan home before another Christmas season passes.
That is about as real as I can get!

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
What we Westerners want?

OK, here goes..............

1. A government that actually listens and is honest with is people.

2. Stricter and more honest guidelines for going to War.

3. All the troops removed from the Gulf.

4. Not to have any family go through the pain of loosing a loved one in needless combat.

5. Not to have the soldiers minds screwed up because of what they have seen and had to do.

6. Not have to worry for 6 months at a time about having your son/ daughter posted in the Gulf for something our Governments have lied about.

7. To be able to walk the streets without the fear of reprisals from suicide bombers.

All of the above will never happen. But at least i have gave some of my own valid reasons for what What we westerner's want. And i have to stick by some of them.
One of them being 'want No5' My son still has flash backs,sleepless nights and depression.

As i said above, none of the above will ever happen.......................

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join