It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Instincts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
As a parent , I know deep within my heart that I would sacrafice all I had , even my own very life for my children and loved ones . I wonder though , dont most of us , regardless of beliefs and political views , have the very same instincts ? Just the desire of survival has drove mankind , sense the begining of our exsistance , to so many different meanings and interpitations , beyond reasoning too it seems . Some people view war as a means of survival , while others abandon their own countires or religion . Regardless of what point of view one looks at , it seems to matter only to the individual making that choice , no matter how small , big , no matter how insignificant to others , as long as that same individual understands his/hers own actions and reasoning . My question would be , if one common enemy of mankind were to arise , would we as earths inhabitants , put our persoanl feelings aside , and fight for our surivial ? Our enemy can be any one of many interpitations , from an anti-christ , to a one world government , and so on..... there really is no wrong choice or belief here , just a simple question - Can we , mankind , make that one human connection , and strive for survival side by side ???

Is it possible ??? I , for one , would like to hope that it is...

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
It would be vary hard for man kind to band together as one for anything. If the anti-christ rose then you have to remember that there will be people on the side of the anti-christ. If there is going to be a one world government then that government is going to offer some great advantages to man. All I am saying is that it's would be hard to get everyone to come together as humans.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I agree that it would be very difficult to come together as one . I for one , believe we have the potential in uniting as one and fight for our exsistance , we see countries uniting during and after a horriffic event had taken place , states coming to the rescue of other states in crisis , we are ,after all called the "United States" , and yet it astonishes me on how we can be so divided at the same time . Anyway , I had wondered , if mankind , no matter how small the odds , could ever come together as one .....

join