It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supaidaaman: Spider-Man was Japanese in ’78.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This is news to me. I found this gem surfing the net.

Supaidaaman!

Back in 1978 Marvel Entertainment and Toei Productions entered an agreement to produce Japanese versions of Marvel’s Greatest heroes. The result was Supaidaaman!
The show did well. They made 41 episodes of this Japanese Spider-Man.

What makes this such a gem is that Spider-Man (Supaidaaman) is not Peter Parker. He does not work as a News paper photographer. Supaidaaman is actually race car driver Yamashiro Takuya. Takuya was not bitten by a radio active spider. He was visited by Aliens. The “Spider” aliens injected him with spider powers.

From what I’ve been reading, shows like the Power Rangers would of never been with out Supaidaaman. I guess that show started it all. In the show Supaidaaman drives a car that combines with a ship to form a giant robot in order to battle the giant villain at the end of the show.

Right now I’m downloading the first episode of Supaidaaman. I’ll post later on how the show went. I'm excpeting a really good laugh.

For more information and pics visit these websites:
www.japanhero.com...
incolor.inetnebr.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Is that a web or a fishing net?

Does anyone remember the spiderman TV show that was on in the late '70s/early '80s? God that was pathetic! When Spidey would shoot his web they'd show him raising his wrist, then cutaway to where the web was being shot and you'd see this net fall on the bad guy.
I think that show had about a hundred dollar budget.

Good find Umbrax.

Peace

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Well, I just watched the show.
It was good for a laugh but it was a bit hard to watch. Exactly what I expected
. Spider-Man's wall crawling was pretty cheap. At one point he is crawling up a "wall" that is at a 40°.
I don't think I will seek out any more episodes.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
When Spidey would shoot his web they'd show him raising his wrist, then cutaway to where the web was being shot and you'd see this net fall on the bad guy.

This one was just as bad. His "web" was this thick rope that would shoot out then wrap around a post. Then he would swing on it and they would repeat the same swing 4 times

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
That Japanese Spiderman doesn't look very imposing. He looks like he weighs about 90 lbs..

Peace

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Wahahahahahahahaha!!!

Spider-Man wears a costume that is essentially the same as the classic version, though there do seem to be little booties and the eyes are small and asymmetrical.

Oh, man...

The second episode involves a plot by Iron Cross in which mushrooms harvested from a mushroom monster cause regular Japanese people to do crazy things, like wear a sweater with Playboy bunnies on it.

Stomp Tokyo Rules!

Zip

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

You can watch a clip of one of the episodes right here.www.youtube.com

Is it sooo bad it is good?

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
That clip was all over the place!

First he's on the ground, then he's in a car, and then he's in a plane of sorts. You can hardly follow it.

Where did the Japanese Mariachi player come from?:

How did Voltron make his way into that clip?

Peace

top topics

join