It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sources: Iran to Begin Enriching Uranium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   

ABC News
ABC News has learned that Iran intends to begin enriching uranium — the critical step in making material for nuclear weapons — a move European diplomats and officials at the International Atomic Energy Agency, or IAEA, have tried to prevent over the past three years.

Sources with knowledge of Iran's nuclear program tell ABC News that a senior Iranian official notified the IAEA verbally over the weekend of its intention to introduce uranium hexafluoride gas, or UF6, into centrifuges at a facility in Natanz, 150 miles south of Tehran.

Introducing UF6 into centrifuges is the necessary step in producing enriched uranium. The centrifuges work by separating out uranium-235 atoms, which can be used to make nuclear weapons and also to fuel nuclear reactors, from heavier uranium-238 atoms.

Hmmm ... I wonder what will happen?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
hmmm i wonder what a source with knowledge of irans nuclear program is??? and if such a source exists how come bombs arent raining on iran as we speak

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The stage is set, Bird Flu, threats of wmd´s.

Familiar to 2003 I´m afraid, but it´s not enough to make it happen.

I still wonder how the will get the opinion to swallow the hook line and sinker this time?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
There is already is a story about this, it has more information, it is setup properly, and it was posted before this. Here is the link:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-1-2006 by digitalassassin]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin
There is already is a story about this, it has more information, it is setup properly, and it was posted before this. Here is the link:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-1-2006 by digitalassassin]

Didn't notice, because I never use BTS.

[edit on 10/1/2006 by SwearBear]

top topics

join