It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HDTV: High Definition UFO Video: The Tipping Point!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Question:

What do all UFO movies, clips and video pieces have ALL in common- whether
blatantly hoaxed or the ones difficult to disprove?

They ALL are grainy and far away or out of focus, rendering them annoying
and- more importantly- inconclusive as to veracity.

So...

There is a sea change in video evidence about to occur.

HIGH DEFINITION FOOTAGE --- NOT ONE PIECE EXISTS YET.

Think about this...

We are at the dawn of a paradigm shift in media acquisition tech...
soon- ALL consumers (well, most) will have some form of real HD camcorders...
HD DVD and Blue Ray are months away- the government is giving away
the analog spectrum in a few mandated years... people, as most people here know-
HD is the future of movies, TV, and even the interent---- and your home movies
of your kid's party and those other countless family home movies.

So... consider the impact to sightings...

I have a HD camera- cause I am in the business- but soon many will have them-
and instead of picking up our woeful VHS or 8mm low-res camcorders-
we will be using CHEAP HD camcorders...

AND THE RESULTS WILL ______ PROVE ______ the existence of UFOS with strange
abilities to seemingly break many laws of physics silmutaneously!

Anyway- my 2 cents: disclosure will come around the time
we start getting HIGH DEFINITION video sightings and recordings...
ones which allow for incredible zoom resolution to verify the shape and nature of the craft.

Wow... soon, we will be downloading HD clips from some new codec and watching them
on our laptops HD screen (!).... I cannot wait to see a UFO on a plasma flat screen HD TV!!

Anyone else think this is a huge part of securing INDISPUTABLE evidence?

TPM

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well... give it time... they prolly will be costly on the consumer market for a bit.
That and more people have the SD cameras currently.

[edit on 9-1-2006 by Xabora]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Yeah, they'll come. But you're right, good observation. We have yet to see what's to come.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
This is also a problem thou.

The "digital age" also makes basically EVERYTHING possibly "CGI" or "done on computers", including Alien evidence.

With Serpo for example, the photos could be released and be the most amazing photos ever... but, the majority won't be as convinced so easily anymore because no matter what those photos show, they could be faked a lot easiler than they could be 20 years ago. Now we'll need actual lab test done on the actual photo prints to see if they could be real - but that most likely wouldn't ever happen if they are being leaked from within the government so by releasing these photos as digital images, they'll just be splitting opinion again, convincing those that already believe and making the hard skeptics even harder - hiding in the wide open!

One day we'll get to a point where EVERYTHING is high-def digital and we'll have Virgin space flights for example and we'll be able to start producing our own real evidence and disclosure will have to happen becuase it will be impossible to keep hidden - but until then, i think there's a great opportunity for disclosure to start leaking out and hiding in the open by hiding behind the 'anything can be faked now with computers' so when it's actually time to disclose, all this stuff will have already been part of our culture and it won't be such a shock to the world because the seed was planted a long time ago and there was always the possbility.

The digital age will lend more opportunity for real and fake disclosure to be leaked out because now we have the means to be able to create just about anything we want in a digital form, there will always be doubt.

It's like when Jurrasic Park and then Toy Story came out, everyone was amazed at what could be done but today we're sick of CGI animation and we'll tear a movie to pieces if the CGI isn't so realistic that we know CGI is being used.

It's a technological hump that i think will help lead to disclosure because it's not the 50's anymore and we're not as reliant on the government and the media telling us what's real and what isn't and they know that, for them to hold authority, they will have to come forward with a disclosure rather than allowing us to prove it ourselves through technological advances and proving they've been keeping it from us all this time.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   

One day we'll get to a point where EVERYTHING is high-def digital and we'll have Virgin space flights for example and we'll be able to start producing our own real evidence and disclosure will have to happen becuase it will be impossible to keep hidden

That is the real answer right there. When civilian space flights take place, the evidence won't be owned by the government anymore......

see this thread: disclosure emminent

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You are right that there is a proportionate chance that CGi fakery is able
to be better and seamlessly executed... yet part of the irony
of HDTV and HIGH RESOLUTION is...

It reveals the open pores and thinning hair on a local news achor's face and head
BETTER than normal analog, and also, so too,
can it reveal the layered photoshoppian additions to any raw fooatge,
because the thing that makes HD to hard to light and use makeup for in news
is the very insurance we have AGAINST its' manipulation...

When I see recent STAR WARS- shot of HD mind you, not a foot of film-
I can CLEARLY SEE the effects. In fact, I think the original effects done with
the ORIGINAL THrilogy over 20 years ago LOOKS BETTER! Because it is all seamless-
because it ALL is of lesser resolution, relative to each other.

So I a do agree- with better resolution of overall tech- from computers to cameras
to editing to formats themsevles... there is still a check and balance...
we will know, I think, whether something is real or not-
because, unlike before, we will finally have AN UNDISTORTED, 1080 line
progressive frame (whole linear picture progression) series of tangible filmic evidence.

The revolution (and disclosure) will be televised, alright...

IN HIGH DEFINITION!!!

Thanks friends. Can't wait to hear other views.

TPM

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Having a high definition camera means nothing unless you can use it for the application.

I have a camera too, but it doesnt mean I can photograph airplanes in the sky with it.

While it is a valid argument, that yes we should be seeing better video...

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
One of the reasons why the video have been so grainy and of poor quality is that the past technology using video, when copying over and over onto newer tapes produced the bad results we see today. And most people that do have the opportunity to video tape a UFO, are owners of old technology. Care to upgrade them for the purpose of having better looking videos?

Now with digital technology, the video should get a lot clearer. However, the technology is also getting better for the special effects people. Did anyone see Jarassic Park?

There are plenty of videos out there that are good and for some reason the media tends to sway their stories one way or another most of the time complying with Government cover up so as not to scare the public.

Have a look at this little video (5mb) MPEG, it consists of a Bulgarian video. Nice close up too. However, what does anyone make of it. The only thing that states that it is out of this world is the enormous speed at which it disappears. Otherwise, it could be a remote controlled ballon for all we know.

I will let you be the judge.

www.visualroll.com...

Got another one here that could be special effects - hollywood style. Let me know what you think. Let's discuss:

www.visualroll.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'm interested, but can you please fix the links? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The prolifferation of portable cameras even down to the cellular phone level has not increased the amount of UFO imagery. Despite the fact that shake absorbing video cameras have been around since the early 90's, the quality of video is equal to or appalling worse than grainy footage from the 1950-60's.

The fact that people are treated to some real photo realistic work in films, the amount of questionable blurred night time lights are more prevalent. Clear, bold nice framed stills or video of Daylight UFO's are rare.

I am not holding my breath that a UFO enthusiast will catch and frame a daytime UFO in HD video. It's simply not in the cards. As more and more portable cameras and video cams flood consumer use, the will be a continual decline in UFO imagery.

The Internet: The tool which would have emboldened the UFO phenomenon has, well we all know.

[edit on 10-1-2006 by nullster]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nullster

I am not holding my breath that a UFO enthusiast will catch and frame a daytime UFO in HD video. It's simply not in the cards. As more and more portable cameras and video cams flood consumer use, the will be a continual decline in UFO imagery.

What's sad, even among the ATS community, is if someone DOES capture aliens and UFO's, real ones, on HD, nobody will believe them. We're all waiting for the "real film", and we deny films left and right. I think that atleast one of the thousands films I've seen is real. But every single one I see people say "Oh, look at the shadow on the ... " and they just throw away these priceless, great movies away.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If they haven't learned to focus with the old cameras, the new videos with new equipment will not be any better.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Here's the issue with Unidentified Flying Objects; they are unidentified.

What one would hope is that whatever resolution video camera is used, that the Unidentified Flying Object is large enough and clear enough in the Video Frame long enough to Clearly show it's Not of Earthly origin.
If this isn't accomplished it remains a question mark.

Insufficient information to clearly view and identify an object or vehicle does not deem it of extraterrestrial origins.

new topics

top topics

join