It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSNN Submission News

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
How come now the authors name is visble when it is in submissions stage. Wasn't it kept invisible before to allow the voters to vote on the articles merits and not the user?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
And what's the deal with pending? How long does it stay pending - does it just wait for mod approval or can it be upgraded by user votes? Can people vote on pending articles still? Can people still reply to submissions before they're approved?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
And what's the deal with pending? How long does it stay pending - does it just wait for mod approval or can it be upgraded by user votes? Can people vote on pending articles still? Can people still reply to submissions before they're approved?

To answer some of your questions, as far as I know..
An article remains in the "pending" stage until a member of the ATSNN staff (not necessarily a moderator) reads and approves the document to verify that it is of a conspiracy-related nature. At this point, if it is approved, it is upgraded to "submission" status and goes up for member vote. Though I am not sure about this, I assume that you can still reply to articles upgraded to "submission" though probably not those still in "pending".

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Okay, thanks. That's what I thought, just based on the post that started the thread, but I also know stuff is getting changed around, and we're sort of under construction, so I was just basically looking for an update.

Do you know, can people no longer reply while the submission is pending? That seems to be the case with me anyway. Just curious...

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Do you know, can people no longer reply while the submission is pending? That seems to be the case with me anyway. Just curious...

I just double-checked and on an article that is still in pending status cannot be replied to, however as soon as a staff member from ATSNN upgrades it to submission status, it can be replied to and voted on

UO

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I can see this lowering the amount of votes on submissions.

Who here can say that if they've read a submission whilst it was "pending" that they would then return to the thread hours later to vote for it when or if it gets approved? I know I probably wouldnt.

For my article that was left pending for over 12 hours I can imagine I missed quite a lot of votes this way.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I made a post, and by coincidence, someone posted an ATSNN article on the same subject, at the same time. My post is on page three, the ATSNN article is still waiting to be approved.

It seems that it is just easier and faster to make a regular post. If that ATSNN article does get approved, everything will have been pretty much said on the the other pages of the other post.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Work in progress, guys, work in progress.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
User feedback, dude, user feedback.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Also can I ask what the point of keeping the "No: Story" button on the voting panel is? Doesnt it stand to reason that if the pending story has become a submission that it has already been deemed "appropriate for ATSNN" by a moderator?

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Perhaps while it is pending, maybe there's some way to make it invisible to the rest of the board. You know, only visible to forum staff and moderators? Then only when it enters the submission state does it become visible to everyone else.

Just a thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join