It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Bush, almost died?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Awhile ago, one of my freinds who was in bootcamp, prob in 2005. Told me of a story that did not make it into the major news. It was of an assassination attempt on president bush, while he was giving a speech. The grenade was a dud. He told me of how he and the others got called down to a meeting, and the instructor, read of the assassination attempt in a news letter, to let them know of a possible war. It was by a russian terroist.
I am wondering if the military people on here, have heard about this. And wish to inform the others on this board.

EDIT: Some grammactical errors.

[edit on 9-1-2006 by Harvestfreak]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Im pretty sure that "attempt" was just a dud hand grenade found within a couple hundred meters of the president. Im also pretty sure it took place in Georgia not in the US

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yes, this did happen and you can read about it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hello ATS, my first post.

I was able to track down some info on this event.

www.mosnews.com...

en.rian.ru...

"On May 10 (2005), Arutyunyan threw a hand grenade wrapped in a handkerchief at the U.S. President as the latter addressed the Tbilisi crowd. No explosion ensued, though the grenade, as forensic experts found out later, was no dummy and failed to go off only by a lucky accident."

"Moscow sources say Russian intelligence had warned Georgian security forces that they should anticipate a terrorist attack but the Georgians failed to forward the warning to the United States. "

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Excellant 1st post Luke!

We can all see you are going to be an informative contributing member!

(I am not adding to the post move along folks nuttin to see here but me cheerin on Luke)

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sorry Luke this is a duplicate thread.

Please add your comments to the existing thread linked by DTOM.

Don't forget to use the new "ex" quotation convention described by SO on this page: www.abovetopsecret.com...
. Happy posting.

Closing.

top topics

join