It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asked to be the best man....member suggestions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hi all!

My wifes brother asked me to be his bestman.Well this will be my first so I would like some feedback from members on what I can do for a bachelor party,I really don't want to go out to the bar cause that could get pretty expensive if you know what I mean! I am not to sure what the traditions are for bachelor parties so any help would be appreciated. I look forward to your replies.

I should add too what happened at my party, My friend that threw it knew an "exotic dancer" and had the shindig at his place, good times!:w: But I don't know any dancers and I don't want to "rent" one for the night cause I am sure they charge quite a bit plus tips. Anyways the wedding is in 2-1/2 weeks so I don't have much time!

[edit on 9-1-2006 by DustintheWind]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
hmm well to save money you could throw a party at one on your friends or your houses,

maybe you could theme the party to make it more interesting, like all the men have to dress up as women as to remind him of whats to come lol,

Could do some stupid stuff like give him a girly make over,

im sure the ladys will donate some make up and what not, and he will have a laugh at all his friends dressed as womens.

also you could for a laugh have one of the men come out as the stripper or even yourself, just for laughs,

just an idea

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
1) Honestly, I don't get the whole stripper thing. I will be marrying my g/f soon and I have absolutely no need or want for a stripper. What a waste of money. If you "need" a stripper at your bachelor party, then you're not ready to get married. That's just my opinion.

2) I hope I'm never part of a bachelor party that asala plans.
Not into the whole cross-dressing thing. j/k asala
(please don't ban me)

3) Does this guy like to do anything? Golf? Hunting? Maybe you could plan an outing around that. Be original.

Peace

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
3) Does this guy like to do anything? Golf? Hunting? Maybe you could plan an outing around that. Be original.

Great idea! Fishing weekend? A science fiction movie with a get-together afterwards. Maybe rent some man-like movies and have really good snacks (hot wings, etc). 1 or 2 night camping trip (don't know where you live, but it's possible here)

Maybe it could be just a party with everyone instead of just the 'bachelors'. A pre-wedding party.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
hmm well to save money you could throw a party at one on your friends or your houses,

maybe you could theme the party to make it more interesting, like all the men have to dress up as women as to remind him of whats to come lol,

Could do some stupid stuff like give him a girly make over,

Well........ I don't think he will go for that....the whole dressup thing......maybe if we get him hammerplastered!!!!!!!Then he won't have a choice :w: He is a lightweight when it comes to drinking!!

as far as his likes the only thing from what I can tell is he smokes a lotta .......AHEM...... and sleep all day. I really don't know what he likes anymore, he became pretty distant after dropping out of school.

The whole marriage thing came about after finding out his g/f was pregnant, so now a fire has been lit under his arse!

and he at least is trying to change cause he want's to be there for his
child and he really does love his g/f.

Well Benevolent Heretic the wedding is going to be at my place, so maybe I'll just throw something here instead, I live in the boonies so we can get pretty loud with noone really minding. That would save me some money!

Thanks everyone for the input so far I realy appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Find out what he likes, get his favourite thing and a group of his friends and yours and do that thing. Give him one wild throw down, of his favourite things.

Why not in fact, make a whole day of it and then end in the party?

top topics

join