It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was the Bible censored?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I had read the definition of Saturday you posted, but I chickened out. Not too many people are going to like the idea that we have a Satanday. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a Godday as well.
I was born on Lupercalia, which is Pan's day. Remember him, horns, goat legs, the satyr who chased the nymphs around all day? They used his image as a model when they drew what the devil looked like.
Oh yeah, and it was a Saturday on top of that.....

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I listen to no one. And good job with the quote genius
I didn't think anybody was going to recognize it.

Originally posted by bigpappadiaz
It sounds good, has a good message, but any of the answers to the real questions have been left out.

What would you like to know?

Gee, let me see, what the hell is going to happen to us here real soon, with some specifics, and why it has to be that way. I'm sure you don't know that though, now do you? Would those be the juicy tidbits? Perhaps. All the lost technology, and secrets to some of that awesome power the Gods share. I'm positive it exists, that it can be obtained through hard work and knowledge of how the Universe works and is interwoven, but then you can't find that in the Bible. The reason why is because the vast majority of the people can't be allowed to know. There's rampant substance abuse as it is, and people know that's bad for them, what do you think we'd all do if we knew these secrets?

I'm not trying to be a dillhole, but this book doesn't really tell me anything, except be good, these other guys did this because of this and blah blah blah. It doesn't have any real secrets, because if it did people wouldn't be dismissing it like they do. The problem, or not, with you is that you got Faith, the book requires it, and yet that just seems like a sloppy way to run the universe to me, since looking around at the world I can't help but be dismayed with it's present state. God left for a reason, directly related to what's coming. Men here on Earth are preparing an Apocalypse for us, I can see it almost here now. Those same men know things we don't and don't want us in on it. And yet I don't see anything in the Bible about this. UUUURRRTTT, and I don't mean the biblical apocalypse, I'm talking something manmade with very real technology and methods to use our own greed and lusts against us, if the bible mentioned all that I'm sure we would have taken a different path.

People love to separate science and religion and that ancient mumbo-jumbo kind of history, and I think it's tough building wisdom around the little partitions of ignorance people like to set up like that. Make 'em one. You'll see what me and the foo fighters see, it's a shame we gotta disappear, but no one's getting outa here alive, this time.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by bigpappadiaz]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
I had read the definition of Saturday you posted, but I chickened out. Not too many people are going to like the idea that we have a Satanday. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a Godday as well.
I was born on Lupercalia, which is Pan's day. Remember him, horns, goat legs, the satyr who chased the nymphs around all day? They used his image as a model when they drew what the devil looked like.
Oh yeah, and it was a Saturday on top of that.....

Why would they hold the sabbath on the day of Saturn, Set, or Satan is the real question? Ancient Egypt had followers of Set called Typhonians. Maybe the hebrews were involved in this form of worship as well before Moses came and led them out of slavery. Then again who knows, right.
All I know is that the jews of Israel today aren't genetically the same jews of the bible and the South African Lemba tribe are proven to be the true ones. I also hear that the Spanish sephardim are genetic Israelites as well. The state of Israel was founded in 1946 as reparations for jewish refugees out of Germany. The Ebionites of Yahoshua's day didn't view him as the immortal son of god who was born of a virgin mother even though they were devoted followers and Nazarenes.
The people of prehistory weren't idiotic at all. They had electricity, airplanes, submarines, medical technology, and more accurate calendars than we do today. It's obvious that armageddon had struck our world a few times already and set the world back.
I think the origins of racism began with an all black planet that became plagued with biblical leprosy (as mentioned in Leviticus ch.12 and 2 kings 5:27); resulting in overpopulated leper colonies. They became strong and invaded the dravidians creating the hindu caste system of racism that exists to this day. Everywhere they invaded and colonized all throughout history they raped women creating third race mulattos. These earlier armageddons I speak of may be the reason for the creation of the moon which was split from the earth into orbit, the ice age, and maybe even the big outbreaks of biblical leprosy or vitilago (michael jackson's skin disease). The truth has been hidden from our eyes but if you read between the lines and use your common sense you may find what you believe to be truth. I put alot of faith in these views and the bible did help to shape the views that I hold along with science and common sense.
I don't think Jesus was the immortal son of god born of a virgin.
I don't think Jesus died for the sins of the world.
I don't think he's coming back.
And I don't think there's any such thing as eternal damnation.
I do believe he was deified for being a religious reformist and a political revolutionary. And for that he is worthy of praise but not worship for there is only one god.
Keep ya game tight and holla back...

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   

... Constantine was a sunworshipper...

I don't know on what ancient evidence this common assertion is based, tho. It may merely be based on the presence of Sol Invictus on his coins. But since coin types tend to be conservative, he inherits this from his predecessors, and the types stop, never to restart, part way through his reign, I would question how strong this evidence could be.

And Roger, could you post something in regards to the 325AD Council of Nicaea not being where Bishops voted on capitalizing personal pronouns referring to Jesus?
I have read that more than once. It was something I have not heard refuted till now.

There are several legends doing the rounds about the First Council of Nicaea. I got interested in one some years ago and looked up and linked to all the extant ancient sources that mention the council. I left this online, so you can read the ancient testimonia for yourself here.

Only 1 source is unavailable. Gelasius of Cyzicus is not online; no English translation exists, and when I looked at it I read through the Latin translation printed with the text in the Patrologia Graeca text. I'd like to get this translated one day, which will involve hiring a translator.

On this issue of Jesus being voted divine: for other reasons I went through all the second century fathers to see what they said about Jesus (did a Ctrl-F on 'Jesus', 'Christ', etc), and tabulated that here.

I also read that Constantine implemented the Dec. 25th date for celebrating Jesus' birth, for the reason it was his own birthday. The Sol Natalis 'Birth of the Sun' had been around that day, to celebrate the days lengthening, which I see as a likely reason for making it the 'birth of the Son' day. I don't know if one is right, both are right, or neither.

There are also a lot of legends about the origins of Christmas. It wasn't done by Constantine, as the feast doesn't seem to exist until after his time. I'm interested in the idea of the Dies Natalis Solis Invictis, but as far as I can tell this is only referenced in one source, the Chronography of 354 AD. Solar cults are badly documented in the sources. Here is what I have collected so far, but it is a work in progress, here.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Now it might just be me, but does anyone else feel uncomfortable when Christians quote Christians quoting Christian websites quoting the Christian bible...?

Anything like that always leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Can you be a Christian if you don't beleive Jesus was the Son of God?

I'd say not but others may disagree.

But If you are Christian how can you expect to be taken seriously if you are quoting and making reference to work written by Christians?

Where is the impartiality?

What about the bias?

Do you not accept that Christian history written by Christians should be taken with a large pinch of salt and regarded as weak and corrupted evidence?

This is what annoys me most of all because for me the answer is simple, obvious and above all rooted in common sense.

As long as otherwise reasonable, educated people continue to deny this fact we'll continue spinning around in circles.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NEGROPOLIS
And to the Saint4God:

I am a saint4God. If I were THE Saint4God, that would not be good news for the rest of the world. Can't be everywhere at once you know

You know just as well as I do that Egypt played a major role in shaping the culture of the early Hebrews. They lived in harmony with the Egyptians for many years before they were enslaved for 400 years. The catholics still hold to the fact that the Egyptian ankh, the crux ansata, is the first form of the cross.

They do? I've never seen that...but I'm not Catholic so my knowledge there is limited. Where's FlyersFan at?

It's a symbol of life unlike the crucifix which is symbolic of an electric chair's version of death.

Did the Ankh have the son of God dying on it? It may bear some resemblance to a cross, but did not know Romans crucified people on ankhs.

Amen is the unseen god.

I guess we both could spend the whole thread repeating ourselves, but what would be the point?

Sounds similar to the fact that none shall see the most high and live. Another similarity is the story of Isis and Ra. She used the magic in his secret and true name to bring Osiris back from the dead. The tetragrammation of Yahweh only means that I am that I am, does it not. His true name is not known. I'm sure you don't wanna hear any of this but others will heed the word.

On the contrary, by response it's evident that I'm listening...or am I one of those "close-minded sheeple" to you?

Hotep and Amen. (Wait... wasn't there a pharoah named Amenhotep? lol)

I know of a king who was in:

[edit on 26-1-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I listen to no one.

I hope you're listening to me, otherwise your collection of statements would be called an "lecture" and don't really think that's the point of ATS. Could be wrong.

And good job with the quote genius

That's for the compliment but very undeserved.

I didn't think anybody was going to recognize it.

I like quotes, when they're helpful

Gee, let me see, what the hell is going to happen to us here real soon, with some specifics, and why it has to be that way.

We're going to grow old or die before we do. It either case, when compared to eternity, our lives will be a mere speck in time. Once we die, we'll appear before God and either acknowledged what He had said to be true or be accountable for all we've done...and we tend to do a lot wrong. I could be more specific, but it's a bit redundant to what's already written. I'd be glad to mail you a copy of the Book though if you don't have one readily available.

I'm sure you don't know that though, now do you?

I see, you were anticipating my answer for me. That's not very open minded, is it?

Would those be the juicy tidbits? Perhaps.

Dunno what gets your juices flowing, but the thought of eternal happiness is quite a pleasant thought to me.

All the lost technology, and secrets to some of that awesome power the Gods share. I'm positive it exists, that it can be obtained through hard work and knowledge of how the Universe works and is interwoven, but then you can't find that in the Bible. The reason why is because the vast majority of the people can't be allowed to know. There's rampant substance abuse as it is, and people know that's bad for them, what do you think we'd all do if we knew these secrets?

Historically speaking, we've typically abused knowledge for personal gains. If not for the fear of death, I'd suspect that mankind would have wiped everyone out in an attempt for absolute power and no authority.

I'm not trying to be a dillhole,

I try to give everyone a fair shake.

but this book doesn't really tell me anything, except be good,

That's all we need to know. If we are good, what else is important? I'm glad you've phrased it this way instead of the Book tells us how to DO good, which it does not. As you said, it's how to BE good. A great pick-up on a vital difference, seeing that it's not a book of rules.

these other guys did this because of this and blah blah blah.

Ya, well, the reason is people like me for the most part cannot accept "be good" without knowing why it is good. Us stubborn folk need to see a cause and effect of what these other guys did.

It doesn't have any real secrets,

TRUE!

because if it did people wouldn't be dismissing it like they do.

An interesting perspective. Hadn't thought of that, thanks.

The problem, or not, with you is that you got Faith, the book requires it,

The Book doesn't ask you to have faith in a book. It tells us to have a relationship with God. Faith can be an important part in that relationship.

and yet that just seems like a sloppy way to run the universe to me, since looking around at the world I can't help but be dismayed with it's present state.

Perspective. Once you know there is a plan and reasons for these things, I think that's a big help. There have been no lives destroyed that weren't first created.

God left for a reason, directly related to what's coming. Men here on Earth are preparing an Apocalypse for us, I can see it almost here now. Those same men know things we don't and don't want us in on it. And yet I don't see anything in the Bible about this.

Try Revelation. You'll probably be surprised how you and it say there is an apocalypic event coming. I should forewarn though, conceptually it's gotta be one of the hardest books to grasp.

UUUURRRTTT, and I don't mean the biblical apocalypse, I'm talking something manmade with very real technology and methods to use our own greed and lusts against us, if the bible mentioned all that I'm sure we would have taken a different path.

It does mention how greeds and lusts bring this about. I'm not sure why you're saying it doesn't. Maybe backing up to Matthew and starting there to go forward would be a better approach. It fact, it's a bit repetitious on this theme.

People love to separate science and religion and that ancient mumbo-jumbo kind of history, and I think it's tough building wisdom around the little partitions of ignorance people like to set up like that. Make 'em one.

Hear here! *claps*

You'll see what me and the foo fighters see, it's a shame we gotta disappear, but no one's getting outa here alive, this time.

Then I think it's time to purchase some afterlife assurance. It's free and has unlimited benefits. You cannot be turned down because of your age and no medical exam is required. Send U2U for details.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I don't think you're a close minded sheep, saint4god, but here's a link for you to check out on the Egyptian ankh.
www.newadvent.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I don't think you're a close minded sheep, saint4god,

Thanks!

Originally posted by Panzeroth
but here's a link for you to check out on the Egyptian ankh.
www.newadvent.org...

Congratulations, you've proven to me that some Catholics believe there is a link between the Christian cross and the ankh. Well done!

I disagree, per the approach. It was not Christians who chose the cross because of their affinity for Egyptians
, rather the Roman's affinity for using nails, hammers, and crossbeams to execute violators of their law. Maybe we should dig deeper into why Romans chose this form of execution instead of why Christians chose the cross, because that reason should be clear: that's what he was nailed to. I contend that if he were executed by electric chair and flowers appeared on it after three days, a flowered electric chair would be the representation used by modern day Chrisitians. Is it because Christians "stole" the symbolism of a throne from ancient Babylonian kings? Nope, that's what he was killed on and overcame, so became the symbol.

I really like your digging into the research, it makes your statements BEEFY! And, I learned something new today.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Saint4God...you are moving off topic I fear.

Though as an aside if you want to throw me some evidence which says that Jesus was nailed to a cross, died on the cross then rose again please provide me with a link.

And when I say evidence I mean good evidence so of course anything contained within the bible would have to be discounted due It's irrefutable bias.

Anyway, I was wandering through the net and came across some intresting lines from the bible that tell us a little bit about the character of the man who allegedly had a hand in writing the bible...the Big G himself....God Almighty.

Here is a list of some of his wacky Codes and laws:

Anyone who goes uncircumcised is to be exiled from his people (Genesis 17:14).

If a man has sex with a menstruating women, both are to be exiled (Leviticus 20:18).

A man who marries a mother and daughter must burn in a fire (Leviticus 20:14).

If two men have sexual relations, both must be put to death (Leviticus 20:13).

If a mother and son have sexual relations, both must be put to death (Leviticus 20:11).

If a man and daughter-in-law have sex, both must be put to death (Leviticus 20:12).

If a man has sex with an animal, both must be put to death (Leviticus 20:15).

If a woman has sex with an animal, both must be put to death (Leviticus 20:16).

Anyone who attacks his mother or father must be put to death (Exodus 21:15).

Anyone who curses his mother or father must be put to death (Leviticus 20:9).

Anyone who commits murder must be put to death (Leviticus 24:17).

Anyone who commits adultery must be put to death (Deuteronomy 22:22).

Anyone who commits perjury must be put to death (Deuteronomy 19:18-19).

Anyone who commits kidnapping must be put to death (Exodus 21:16).

Anyone who disobeys a judge or priest must be put to death (Deuteronomy 17:12).

Anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death (Exodus 35:2).

Anyone who does not worship God must be put to death (2 Chronicles 15:13).

Any strangers approaching a sanctuary must be put to death (Numbers 17:7).

Any prophet who tries to turn you against God must be put to death (Deuteronomy 13:5).

Any prophet who makes a wrong prediction must be put to death (Deuteronomy 18:20-22).

Family members who tempt you with other gods must be put to death (Deuteronomy 13:1-5).

If an ox gores someone, the ox and its owner must be stoned to death (Exodus 21:29).

Anyone who claims to talk with spirits must be stoned to death (Leviticus 20:27).

A stubborn and rebellious son must be stoned to death (Deuteronomy 21:18-21).

Any woman who has had premarital sex must be stoned to death (Deuteronomy 22:21).

Anyone who worships another god must be stoned to death (Deuteronomy 17:2-7).

Anyone who curses or blasphemes must be stoned to death (Leviticus 24:14-16).

Break the neck of your donkey’s firstborn or kill a lamb instead (Exodus 34:20).

If a city worships other gods, kill everyone in it and burn it (Deuteronomy 13:12-16).

The God of love really has a bit of a mean streak in him doesn't he.

But wait...the fun doesn't end there:

God will kill men, have their children smashed, and have their wives raped (Isaiah 13:15-16).

God will punish children for the iniquities of their fathers and distant ancestors (Isaiah 14:21).

God will lay waste to entire cities and make the lands desolate (Jeremiah 4:7).

God will set people, animals, and even plants on fire because of his anger (Jeremiah 7:20).

God will send so much evil that people would rather be dead than suffer (Jeremiah 8:3).

God will give away the property of men, including their wives, to other men (Jeremiah 8:10).

God will kill young men, and their children will die from a famine (Jeremiah 11:22).

God will cause everyone to become drunk so father and son will kill one another (Jeremiah 13:14).

God will not hear the cries of the people or acknowledge their sacrifices (Jeremiah 14:12).

God will make people hungry enough to eat their own children and friends (Jeremiah 19:9).

God will burn entire cities with the inhabitants still inside (Jeremiah 50:32).

God will break people’s bones and knock their teeth out with stones (Lamentations 3:1-16).

God will force fathers and sons to eat each other and scatter their remembrance (Ezekiel 5:10).

God will be comforted by killing everyone with pestilence, plagues, and swords (Ezekiel 5:12-13).

God will lay dead bodies around idols and spread their bones around the alters (Ezekiel 6:5).

God will kill righteous men and forget their good deeds if they ever turn to sin (Ezekiel 18:24).

God will turn daughters into whores and wives into adulterers (Hosea 4:13).

God will kill children when they come out of their mothers’ wombs (Hosea 10:14).

God will tear people apart and devour them like a lion (Hosea 13:8).

God will kill children and unborn fetuses because their parents worship other gods (Hosea 13:16).

God will sell the children of Israel into slavery in a far away land (Joel 3:8).

God will kill inhabitants of entire cities if they have a corrupt government (Micah 3:9-12).

God will consume every living thing from the face of the earth (Zephaniah 1:2-3).

God will send people to steal Jerusalem, rape the women, and enslave the rest (Zechariah 14:2).

God will send plagues on people and animals to rot away tongues and eyes (Zechariah 14:12-15)

Now I'm not quite sure what a Christian reaction to these word swould be.

Is God administering fair justice ?

Is he a fair God?

Is such a God worthy of praise?

Is he a reasonable God?

Mmm...make up your own minds.

Though the answer is startlingly obvious.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by StJude]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I have seen clearly start with Sunday on the left, and end with Saturday on the right, which I see as meaning Saturday is the 7th day

European calenders, last I saw of them, have sat and sunday at the end of the row.

negropolis
To my knowledge x-mas was originally called the Saturnalia

Chrismas was never called Saturnalia. The Saturnalia was a roman festival that occured around the same time. It was like an extended "Backwards Day", the servants were served by their owners and wackyness ensued. There are lots of holidays around that time of the year.

Christmas, outside of the jesus stuff, actually might have a far far older

Now it might just be me, but does anyone else feel uncomfortable when Christians quote Christians quoting Christian websites quoting the Christian bible

The entire question was what christians as christians did at a christian conference. The whole topic of this thread is if the bible was edited, and the allegation is that it was edited at these conferences. If the only records of the conferences can't be used, and the various texts of the bible can't be trusted, what exactly is the basis of the charge that, say, Constantine Edited the bible to make it confrom to his wishes?

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Our God is a jealous God, just like any other. How else do you maintain control other than to keep all the knowledge of how you got where you are a secret? Anyone tries to talk about how to be a God, they probably fall under the blasphemous, false prophet, stranger, or rebellious category and must be throughly smashed, otherwise all these bad things will happen to everyone in the town. In our case, it's everyone on earth.

John Lennon sang "and though they may be parted, there is still a chance that they may see, let it be." That was back in the 60's though, this 2012 crap will thoroughly smash us, make us wish we were dead, the toxins and heavy metals built up in our bodies will cause us many diseases, the climate will collapse and many will starve, everyone will turn on each other, cities and lands will burn, and we will see.

I probably got myself marked for that...

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by StJude
Saint4God...you are moving off topic I fear.

If someone wants to tango, I'll dance even if it's not the dance I showed up to do. I'll do my best to stay focused topically if you will as well here.

Though as an aside if you want to throw me some evidence which says that Jesus was nailed to a cross, died on the cross then rose again please provide me with a link.

Saint Jude, are you telling me you do not already know? Change your name and I'll help.

Here is a list of some of his wacky Codes and laws:

You've just proven that the Bible wasn't censored. Congratulations.

Now I'm not quite sure what a Christian reaction to these word swould be.

Is God administering fair justice ?

Is he a fair God?

Is such a God worthy of praise?

Is he a reasonable God?

Mmm...make up your own minds.

I take it your questions are rhetorical then.

Though the answer is startlingly obvious.

It is when one READS the whole book and not just the part were people are sentenced to punishments.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Our God is a jealous God, just like any other. How else do you maintain control other than to keep all the knowledge of how you got where you are a secret?

What secret? There was no "process".

Anyone tries to talk about how to be a God, they probably fall under the blasphemous, false prophet, stranger, or rebellious category and must be throughly smashed, otherwise all these bad things will happen to everyone in the town. In our case, it's everyone on earth.

Test this. I don't think you'll find it to be true. In fact, you don't have to. Just look a few threads here. Clearly we have the freedom to speak as we wish.

John Lennon sang "and though they may be parted, there is still a chance that they may see, let it be." That was back in the 60's though, this 2012 crap will thoroughly smash us, make us wish we were dead, the toxins and heavy metals built up in our bodies will cause us many diseases, the climate will collapse and many will starve, everyone will turn on each other, cities and lands will burn, and we will see.

I probably got myself marked for that...

Behold! The great prophet John Lennon!

[edit on 27-1-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Oh no, he probably meant that we're all parted and should stop with that silly BS, probably wanted to unite the Earth, give us a since of personal responsibility and set us in the right direction. I meant we'll see what these Gods meant about bringing the pain. Yes there's a process, even jesus said that we were all Gods, and to seek the Christ within. He was killed by the followers these other Gods left here on earth to prepare it for the return because they don't need us knowing all these things, how the solar system works, how we can be controlled with our own vices and greeds. The secrets are those about how the world and universe work. This 2012 crap is no hoax, and we'll slowly watch our climate collapse on top of this economic collapse. So they held us back until these most recent of years, and reinvented all this technology in a hurry hoping that we won't be able to fully grasp all the concepts before the disaster hits, and thus maybe prevent it.

We let ourselves stay stupid and stay ignorant about how our climate really works, kept poisoning our rivers and ourselves with all this crap we eat and cook our food with so we don't rise in awareness. And thus we're in no position to contend with whoever may drop out the sky and want us to worship them, because our hands are tied and we're screwed otherwise. And only after we get our asses severely kicked and become ignorant again will we be allowed to be enslaved again.

It's a shame we have to disappear, but no one's getting out of here aliiiiive, this tiiiiime.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Saint4God - You are the undisputed master of saying very little and making it look like more.

Well done sir

You've just proven that the Bible wasn't censored. Congratulations.

Thankyou Saint4God and by proving so I've demonstrated the kind of God Christians worship.

I don't know about you but I'm happy with the result....

I take it your questions are rhetorical then.

You don't have an answer do you?

It is when one READS the whole book and not just the part were people are sentenced to punishments

You still don't have an answer do you?

It doesn't matter what the rest of the book says. The books says these things to and it proves that the image of the God of Love is totally rubbish.

Of course if you saying these things are not true and that the bible is wrong....

You would make me the happiest man alive.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Yes there's a process, even jesus said that we were all Gods, and to seek the Christ within.

Please quote the passage.

This 2012 crap is no hoax,

I'll keep that in mind.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Saint4God - You are the undisputed master of saying very little and making it look like more.

Well done sir

Um, what?

Thankyou Saint4God and by proving so I've demonstrated the kind of God Christians worship.

You've proven how to take one sentence without understanding all of the surrounding text.

You don't have an answer do you?

Is that a rhetorical question too? Of course i have an answer. Would like me to share it or are you going to make a declaration about this question too?

You still don't have an answer do you?

Is that a rhetorical question too? Of course i have an answer. Would like me to share it or are you going to make a declaration about this question too?

It doesn't matter what the rest of the book says.

Excellent, may I quote a few words from you and interpret a meaning without any surrounding context or explanation, only to devisively use to to meet my goals instead of what you were meaning?

The books says these things to and it proves that the image of the God of Love is totally rubbish.

One must understand more than one characteristic of God. He's not one word that you can pin to your shirt and says "This is God right here, I can put him into the palm of my hand. The same Book that says "God is love" also says, "Yet he does not leave the guilty go unpunished..." and this is the theme if you read the WHOLE Old Testament instead of hen-picking what you want to use as ammunition. God made covenant (contract/promise) after covenant with man in the Old Testament and repeatedly man has violated his end of the contract. But again, you'd have to read more than a sentence here and there to understand that. Yes, God is love, but God is also holy and just, and punishes us for our sins.

Of course if you saying these things are not true and that the bible is wrong....

Which I did not.

You would make me the happiest man alive.

Why?

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

You've proven how to take one sentence without understanding all of the surrounding text.

I understand the surrounding text and have read the bible many times cover to cover.

Anyone who disobeys a judge or priest must be put to death (Deuteronomy 17:12).

Ooo....that must really hurt. Damn those alter boys for saying no to the bishops advances.

Is that a rhetorical question too? Of course i have an answer. Would like me to share it or are you going to make a declaration about this question too

Answering questions with questions.

Wow, you really don't have an answer do you?

As for the rest

God is love but just, he punishes us for our sins, doesn't let the guilty go unpunished etc, etc.

Anyone who claims to talk with spirits must be stoned to death (Leviticus 20:27).

Any spirit except God that is....mmm...and Jesus

Anyone who does not worship God must be put to death (2 Chronicles 15:13).

Ah, power through fear. How very christian.

Any woman who has had premarital sex must be stoned to death (Deuteronomy 22:21).

Sensible rules for the modern woman. It's like Sex in the City was never made.

Anyone who worships another god must be stoned to death (Deuteronomy 17:2-7).

Ah. Kill the competion eh...very sensible.

I could go on but it's obvious really.

You not denied these points Saint4God so maybe you beleive women should be murdered for having pre marital sex.

All you doing is bleeting on about how I'm taking these quotes out of context which I'm clearly not.

The bible says God delclared these things and you think the bible is 100% true is this correct?

You think God wrote the bible don't you?

Well you're persistant I'll give you that, lets see if that is enough.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
That's right Jude. That's so right. Power through fear and ignorance, the book was written for a different people during a different time. "Who's this guy talking weird stuff about electricity, the earth being round, people from other planets, things I would need to see to believe, and the Gods!?" That's witch craft, burn him! Anyone who knew much of anything back in the day was killed by those who didn't know squat that were being manipulated by those who wanted to keep us stupid. They made it popular to find out these other guys trying to spread a little truth, and made them out to sound crazy just like they're doing nowadays.

It's crazy to believe in something like these recent hurricanes were manipulated or that an economic depression is coming this year, but it's perfectly fine to believe that some magical all-powerful being whose powers break the laws of physics and cannot be understood because He made the universe has a part in each and everyone of our daily lives, as evidenced by the fat mexican woman who thinks God saved her life when she got in that car accident. This book was for those masses, the sames ones who back in the day burned those other poor saps trying to spread a little truth, and consequently spoke about things they couldn't comprehend.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join