It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Vote Jan.23rd, but DONT VOTE LIBERAL!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
hi all, new member here,
i just wanna urge all canadian members to pleease vote on jan 23rd its the least you can do that will have a big impact on the results. one more vote makes a big difference. oh and i dont care who you vote for but for the love of the tax payer do not vote for the liberals, incase those 30-33% people who support them dont realize, theyre a bunch of money sharks thinking up a new scandal every week to snatch that extra loonie away from the tax payer. gun registry to stop crime? gimme a break. gun ban to stop people from shooting people? thats like sending an email to a gun toter and asking him to tone it down a little. it aint gonna work paul martin! who else agrees with me that canada could have been ALOT better and in alot less debt with a different party in power? time for the liberals to take a long time out on jan 23, whos with me?! boo liberal

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
......This isnt for political discussion of flaming man, go to PTS or BTS for that.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So you would be against voting Liberal so that the Conservative party doesn't get a majority?

By the way, welcome to ATS. I would like to introduce you to PTS

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
discussion of flaming man? are you high? liberals are in the government and this is a politics, government thread i believe. hence the reason i posted this topic in politics government as you can read i presume.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
So you would be against voting Liberal so that the Conservative party doesn't get a majority?

By the way, welcome to ATS. I would like to introduce you to PTS

im against the liberals all the way i dont care who wins as long as its not the liberals peace

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind the liberals.
That is if they ever did anything for anyone outside of Ontario.

How many times has Paul Martin took the campaign into Saskatchewan?
He says he will help us, but he avoids us. No wonder there is only 1 elected liberal in Saskatchewan.

And even he avoids the province that brought him up.

The 1 elected liberal is Ralph Goodale. Nuff said. Bad news walking.

The sad truth is that the liberals will probably pull out another minority government by taking power of Ontario and clinging on to that for life support for a few more years.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
I wouldn't mind the liberals.
That is if they ever did anything for anyone outside of Ontario.

How many times has Paul Martin took the campaign into Saskatchewan?
He says he will help us, but he avoids us. No wonder there is only 1 elected liberal in Saskatchewan.

And even he avoids the province that brought him up.

The 1 elected liberal is Ralph Goodale. Nuff said. Bad news walking.

The sad truth is that the liberals will probably pull out another minority government by taking power of Ontario and clinging on to that for life support for a few more years.

Martin's never been to saskatchewan in a while. or newfoundland. hopefully if they do win as a minority, they get voted of again, i would get drunk for that to happen.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I know the Liberals have some deep corruption issues, but why are so many Canadians willing to give control of their country, a country that is known for it's social freedoms and openness, to social and religious conservatives? The leader of the Conservatives has professed pro-Iraq war sentiments and a willingness to work closer with the Bush administration. I didn't think Canadians were so positive towards those issues...

To remove a corrupt party, would you give away some of your country's independence and individuality? There has to be another way.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Iam with you all the way Growing Conspiracy. I will not be voting liberal you can count on this Canadian even though I live in Ontatrio. The heartland of the liberals. Thank goodness some people that live here have changed their tune.

The last debates are on tonight and should prove to be interesting. I think Laytons going to have a tough time trying to swing voters both ways, he will have to do some clown juggling me thinks.

I am curious if Martin will be all fire and brimstone and spouting how he is the only one who is patriotic enough to run this fine Country. Hmmm.. wonder which flags he will have in the back of his mind, Liberia, Barbados and all those other places where he doesn't pay taxes.

Oh and as far as I can see you posted this in the RIGHT PLACE , this is PTS isn't it. Good job, nice to see not everyone is blind.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphacenturi
Oh and as far as I can see you posted this in the RIGHT PLACE , this is PTS isn't it. Good job, nice to see not everyone is blind.

This thread was originally posted on ATS not PTS.

The thing we all need to know is that no party is going to get a majority this time around. We will be back to vote in no time at all. If the conservative party gets the most seats I'd be surprised if we last a year before having another election.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Flinx, just curious why do you think that by voting conservative they would give away our independance, I don't know where you live or vote but maybe you have been watching too much Canadian news.

Our main media outlet is government run and whether your aware or not the Liberals are the masters of spinning. If they spent as much time actually working for this Country than bull....ing all of us into thinking they do, then maybe they wouldn't be down in the polls.

People have a tendency to believe what they hear and unfortunatley are really not interested in trying to delve further to find the truth. I don't believe these people should even be allowed to vote unless they are aware of all the facts. Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Umbrax, sorry I didn't realize that. I clicked on PTS and this thread came up first. I never saw it on ATS, as I was actually looking for some other canucks who might , might , might , might be interested in what is going on in this fine nation of ours.

BTW, tks again for helping me last time with posting more than once in a thread, it is obviously working now. Seems to go back and forth , think it is my computer.
Are you going to watch the debates, silly question eh! I'm sure you will.
Either way I hope whoever is elected will take our country and place it close to their heart like so many of us do

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
No matter who gets in, we are going to have a minority government.

And with that, it really does not matter. We will be back to the drawing board again in a short time.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
It looks like we might be headed for a Conservative majority govt after all, if the polls are any indication. However, a few elements must be taken into account:

- When in the privacy of the voting booth, a lot of people may get uneasy with Conservative ideas and decide to vote Liberal, even though they're angry with Paul Martin's party
- There is a total of 15 percent of undecided voters
- In 2004, the five last days of the campaign are where Martin campaigned best.

All this being said, I think we're headed towards a strong minority Conservative government - that is, one that will last about a year or a year and a half. Maybe 145 seats.

That gives the Liberals enough time to rebuild... with Frank McKenna.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Goodbye Liberals.

No regards, just glad to see you go

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It saddens me everytime we end up with a weak government that doesn't have enough seats to get anything done. Even with the numbers saying we'll end up with the PCs in power next week, I'll be voting for Paul Martin.

My 2 cents from Ontario........

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Anxiety Dosorder, you just said it yourself, weak governments not getting anything done.
If you and yours put the liberals back in power, you only have yourself to blame.

Harper is the man.

Just my 2 cents from Ontario

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I question both Martin's and Harper's loyalty to Canada.
I would vote for the Communist party before voting for either of those money worshiping, self serving, power gluttons.

Oops my hands are muddy

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
We have two communist parties you know, it's called splitting the lost cause vote

My vote is going to the NDP as I don't want the Liberals to win in my riding.

I don't trust Martin or Harper. They both will try to sell out Canadian interesting for their own monetary gain.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphacenturi
Flinx, just curious why do you think that by voting conservative they would give away our independance, I don't know where you live or vote but maybe you have been watching too much Canadian news.

Our main media outlet is government run and whether your aware or not the Liberals are the masters of spinning. If they spent as much time actually working for this Country than bull....ing all of us into thinking they do, then maybe they wouldn't be down in the polls.

People have a tendency to believe what they hear and unfortunatley are really not interested in trying to delve further to find the truth. I don't believe these people should even be allowed to vote unless they are aware of all the facts. Just my opinion.

Don't know if you know this but the CBC is unionized and alot of them are strong NPD supporters. It's in their best interests for a strong NDP showing just like with most unions. At least that is what my former neighbor wanted me to believe and frankely I had no reason to doubt her as I do come from a family of labour union members myself(she did work for the CBC at the time after all, though only as a camera operator)

[edit on 21-1-2006 by sardion2000]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join