It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I...?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rossa

Also, when you veiw my profile the avatar shows up, but it doesnt on the main page when I am posting in forums etc.
Any ideas?

Id be eternally grateful if someone who knows how can fix the problem
edit on 9-11-2010 by Rossa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rossa

I'm confused. Is there a set number of posts until you see your avatar? Or am I not seeing it because I did something wrong?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
it is so easy,as the ppl above said

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Updated Instructions for Making an Avatar

Hello, I just put up my avatar and found the documentation in this how-to thread as well as in the video tutorial to be out of date, in that some of the buttons/options discussed don't seem to exist anymore.

Below is a run through of what I did. It may seem a little verbose in parts, but I wanted to be precise and spare no pertinent details.

0) Contrary to some rumor, you don't need 25 ATS points to create an Avatar.

1) Find a jpeg image, no bigger than 160x320 pixels. Save this image on your computer

2) If you are already logged into ATS, then go to "Tools+", from there to to pictures and click the "view" button; if a newbie, there should then be a big black blank in your photo album

3) Next, click "upload photo"; this will give you some boxes to fill out, including "Picture Caption" and "Description", "Photo Album" (the default/initial one is called "My Photos"), and most importantly the "Upload Photo" box, which should have a Browse button next to it; clicking the Browse button should bring up a window of your computer's file system and you then find and pick the image. Using a Mac anyway (I assume it is similar in Windows), click on/choose this image and then click "open"; the path name of this image on your computer then pops up in the "Upload Photo" box. At this point click the green "Add photo" box and the picture is uploaded to your photo album.

5) You should see the uploaded picture in your photo album; click on it and below it will be a grey box with the URL address of the picture, above which is the title "Use as ATS Avatar"; copy this address, then you can click on the link in the above title, which will get you to your account settings (or you can just click on "Tools+" again to get there as well; n.b.: to get the "Tools+" option you'll have to hop back to regular ATS page, as this menu is not available in the photo album page).

6) In your "Change Your Account Settings" page, there is a section "Your Avatar"; in the "Avatar URL:" box, paste in the address copied previously for the picture in your ATS photo album, then click the "submit" button below this. You should now have an Avatar.

There may be an easier/faster way to do this, or short cuts in the procedure I outlined; however, I haven't found any.

As an aside to TPTB at ATS, wouldn't it make sense to eradicate the older, out-of-date instruction posts for this as well as for other such thingies as it only causes confusion and wastes people's time? There shouldn't be four pages of a thread on "creating an avatar" to wade through -- particularly if it is all out of date and there is not a correct, updated post at the end of the thread.
edit on 2-7-2011 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2011 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
For the life of me, I can't see what to click on to 'Flag' a post.

I know I've done it in the past ... must be going blind!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I am happy to see I am not the only one having problems with this site, first it was my screenname, then my password, and now I am seeing a 404 ERROR page when it says to go to the media page for an avatar...Im not stupid I promise, I am actually very good on computer, just not this site for some reason......Ive clicked the tuturial and it goes to 404 page not found, any tips?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Thank You Darling, I will now go do this, I appreciate your help alot, have a nice day

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join