It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I...?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
So, if I do not have 25 points that means I can't have an avatar also?
It's not showing up for me!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I really don't expect on getting a reply from anyone!
I want my avatar!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
You don't need 25 points for an avatar.

It looks like your link is incomplete and that's why your pic isn't showing up.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

Please follow these instructions, and I will help you if you need any.

Originally posted by Umbrax
1. Once you have found an image that you like right click on the image and save it your desktop.

2.On ATS click on the mCENTER button.

3. In the mCENTER on the left side there is the "Upload center" Here you can upload your new avatar to the ATS server.

4. Click the browse button and find the image on your desktop. Select it and then hit the upload button. After this, the Image URL will appear on your screen, copy this URL.

5. Next go to the settings button on the top left of the ATS website. Then select Edit Profile.

6. Scroll down until you find "Avatar URL:" Paste your Image URL into the empty box.

7. Click the EDIT profile button at the bottom of the page.

Remember to follow ATS's Avatar and Signature Guidelines

I hope that helps

edit

GIF and JPEG file formats only with a maximum dimension of 160 pixels wide, by 320 pixels tall. File sizes are not to exceed 75k, and animated GIF's are allowed. (physical size can extend up to 400 pixels tall for images under 50k in file size)

No profanity. No 3rd party advertising for any website(s).

[edit on 3/2/2008 by Sauron]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
When I click "Member Upload Space" it says I need twenty-five posts. Is there any requirement at all to have an avatar?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Korhyan

Try using photobucket.com it's free and you get more space.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Is it possible to have two little avatars one on top of the other?
I think I have seen some members do that.
If so, could you please explain how to do it?
Thank you.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I'm not sure what you mean...

A backround image with an avatar on top?

Maybe you could link to someone who has what you are asking about.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05

I'm not sure what you mean...

A backround image with an avatar on top?

Maybe you could link to someone who has what you are asking about.

No, you see how I have the "powder" picture as an Avatar, I think I have seen members have two small pictures one on top of the other instead of a big one like I have now.
Thanks for your help.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

I guess what I'm trying to do is to stack two small pics into one avatar?
Can I do it here or do I have to do it on my own computer and upload it as one file?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Yes you would have to make your avatar first on your system then upload it to a host.

Edit
Assuming you are talking avatars, and not a background image with an avatar on top.

[edit on 24/6/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Worked for me, thanks mechanic!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ok, I guess I am just a ditz when it comes to PC's! I have been on this site for a couple of months and enjoy it, but I have been trying to get an Avatar put up with no luck! I have tried ALL the ways posted and refered to the Handbook as well. I have a little white box with a red "X" in it come up everytime I try to upload a Photo. Dosen't matter if I try Photobucket or not. Is there anyone who can help an illerate PC operator? Thanks
I mean, I need help.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

One issue that I see is in your Avatar's location. The file name is "ats58810_pamm". If it's an image file then it should include a file extension such as .jpg (ats58810_pamm.jpg), .gif (ats58810_pamm.gif), .jpeg (ats58810_pamm.jpeg), etc.

Figure out what file format your desired avatar is, and see if adding the right extension helps.

P.S. The "ats58810_" portion is added by ATS; so when you upload the "pamm" file make sure that one of the above extensions is there at the end of the filename. If your computer is set to not show file extensions, then the proper extension should still appear in your member upload list. Click the desired upload, then copy the full address. Just make sure an extension is there at the end when you copy the location into your Avatar URL line.

[edit on 11/4/08 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

When I try to upload the image for the avatar it says I can't until I have so many posts.

Am I missing something?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
You need to have a certain amount of posts before you can use that feature.

..I'm not sure exactly how many it is, but it's more than one.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I get this message when clicking on the upload center link:

"jped62, you must have at least 25 posts to use the upload feature, you have 5 posts."

What's up?
_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jped62

It means you need 20 more posts to be able to use the upload feature on ATS's servers; however, you should still be able to use an uploaded Avatar image from a service such as imageshack or photobucket. Simply upload your image to one of those and paste the url into your member center "Avatar URL:" field.

The problem you're having now is that you've pasted the wrong url into your member center avatar url field. It should read "http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww336/jped62/Noname12.jpg" (without the quotation marks).

[edit on 1/10/09 by redmage]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
Avatar Instructions is a great guide, and welcome to ATS.

Sanc'.

[edit on 9-1-2006 by sanctum]

I get the 404 message when I connect to the linky.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I have uploaded my pic into my photos , and when I click on the upload my avatar link, it says it does it sucessfuly, but nothing shows up when I post- Help please, not sure what the problem is
Rossa

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join