It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a federal crime to use anonymous name online!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
hello ats, Comrade Presidente Bush wants to know your name

slipping through the watchdog radar of faction two is an ugly new law that requires u to use u real name if u post anything on the internet. this is a direct assault on the bill of rights and americans civil liberties and an attack on websites like this one, prisonplanet.com, rumormillnews.com, rense.com, and more. if ur online posting is possibly annoying to any party it is now a federal crime to do it under an anonymous name like the one u use here an now on abovetopsecrets.com

hammeroftruth.com... how many of you have created posts that are annoying to the us federal government? as of last week, you are now breaking to law to make your posts and be annoying to those who are annoying us. i find the whitehouse website to be annoying? can I sue them for annoying me?

the new law says:

“Whoever…utilizes any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet… without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person…who receives the communications…shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.”

this is not a new effort to protect amercian citizens from cyberstalking, it is a direct attack on websites like this and our freedoms to meet peacibly and discuss our grievances with the government. if u flame on ATS, you're one of them, and if you're one of them, you're not one of us.

and it it not good internet manners to use all-caps...removed all cap from title

also edited to use external link code
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ**
please see your u2u

[edit on 9-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Ridiculous, isn't it?

Here's another link:

news.com.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I can't wait to hear from the "You have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide" crowd.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yep, flaming can now not only get you a warn. It can get you up to two years in prison. Unless your member name is your actual name...

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Do you hear it? I hear it. Sounds like "Zeig" something couldn't make out the last part. We will shortly though if legislation continues to go down the rout it currently is right now. Buck Fush and his high horse he rode in on.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Yep, flaming can now not only get you a warn. It can get you up to two years in prison. Unless your member name is your actual name...

I didn't even THINK of that one.

Where's TC's list of Shakespearean insults? ...Does quoting Shakespeare count as flaming? And what about that cute little icon?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
come on...sing it with me...land of the freeeeee and home of the braveeeee.......

the internet must be stopped..the proliferation of the truth must be stopped.

what about story writters???

with how much info is on the web, i'm surprised we can still access it without donating some dna...

but if you have nothing to hide, why worry....

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
what about a nickname that friend know you as.. is this legal as it is identifiable to you...

plus who can prove that somebody has not just logged into your account and been abusive...

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
I can't wait to hear from the "You have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide" crowd.

It amazes me that some people still refuse to see where this is all leading us. What constitution?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

And what about that cute little icon?

You mean this???

It annoys me sometimes, so anyone posting it may have commited a criminal offense.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'll post the text of the new law here:

(a) Prohibited acts generally
Whoever—

(C) makes a telephone call or utilizes a telecommunications device, whether or not conversation or communication ensues, without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person at the called number or who receives the communications;

...in the case of subparagraph (C) of subsection (a)(1), includes any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet (as such term is defined in section 1104 of the Internet Tax Freedom Act (47 U.S.C. 151 note)).'.

(2) knowingly permits any telecommunications facility under his control to be used for any activity prohibited by paragraph (1) with the intent that it be used for such activity,

...shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

Here and here.

Looks like our beloved motto "deny ignorance" will itself imperil ATS under Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Part I, Section 223(a)(2).

:shk:

EDIT: Don't worry, SkeptikOverlord and Springer (I'll assume Simon is safe, as he is not on US soil...that is unless he is declared an enemy combatant??
), we will still be sure to write you in prison.

[edit on 9-1-2006 by loam]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Nah. I personally like that one.

[Sorry. Just do.]

I mean the erzatz dragon:

Does using the flame icon itself qualify as an indictable offense?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I hope you guys in the U.S. can do something about this.

This law basically allows you to be arrested for any reason.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Mmmmm... so if I change my name, legally, to Tony Blair and start loads of threads calling Bunnypants..... errr...... Bunnypants!, then maybe the REAL TB might find himself in for a spot of rendering and testicular/voltage interfacing until he admits the error of his ways?

I'd be surprised if the "authorities" don't already know who we all are from ISP supplied data anyway
Still, by posting under your real name, you could become the victim of some crazy kook who disagrees with you.
If they lnow your name and the region you are posting from, someone may be able to track you down... not good

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Dang! I just know I've 'annoyed' a few folk here, does that mean I have to use my oh so ugly, real, 'wog' name? Can I still call myself a wog? It's just the name that's ugly, wogs are super cool! It's fine with those who know and love me, a rose and all that, but used to talk with the world....looks like it's time for a name change....

Yes I too would LOVE to hear from the, "What NWO? What rights have you lost? Anyway, what's wrong with the NWO?" crowd.

Seriously, please explain this to the average morons satisfaction, as "nothing to worry about", and not just for you dis-info. agents who get away with bald faced lies, but every concerned, caring honest person who believes, without truth there is no 'democracy' and certainly no justice.

Could my family sue the US for "annoying" them, by forcing me to discuss these issues with them again?

I knew it was coming, but I thought I had a few more weeks yet. I better give that source a good telling off, face to face of course, because I'll more than annoy them.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I guess having the biggest prison population in the world wasn't enough. Now we gotta lock up even more innocent internet users.

I'm so fed up with this worthless parody of governance.

I don't even care anymore. I've been criminalized unnecessarily, AGAIN, by the government which was created to protect my interests. So what?

They want my name? Fine. They can have my name. But first they'll have to take the time to track me down and bust down the door, hurdle the booby traps and the mess, then confront the wife who'll scream loud enough to blow out their eardrums (she can kill mice with her banshee-like shriek). And, it's printed on the back of my underwear, so they'll have to get real close to read it...

That's when I become a real terrorist and release the chemical weapons.

Bastards..I'm so angry and sad all at once, there's nothing left to do but laugh. I hope and pray that the men and women tasked with enforcing all these un-American laws being handed down by corporately owned, un-American legislators, have the sense enough to know the right thing to do.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I hope you guys in the U.S. can do something about this.

This law basically allows you to be arrested for any reason.

It's heading that way.

This law can not possibly be enforced on a national scale. It will, however, be used to target nefarious dissenters and freedom haters.

Take a look at what's on the table in Ohio:

www.acluohio.org...&_free/sb9.htm

Laws and bills like this get passed every day without so much as a notice by the Amerikan public.

It's systematically done this way so as not to raise many eyebrows, except those of said freedom haters and terrorists.

Not to be fatalistic, but I think we're well past the point of no return as far as Amerika is concerned.

It's revolution or enslavement.

-hypo

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think this law is for phone calls/faxes etc. If you aren't dialing a number, then I don't think you have anything to worry about.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I think this law is for phone calls/faxes etc. If you aren't dialing a number, then I don't think you have anything to worry about.

No, the amendment clearly states "or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet ..."

[edit on 9-1-2006 by loam]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

Just like the "Hamburger Bill" was to protect corporations from greedy people launching frivolous lawsuits.

Boy are you wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join