It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Risks with astral projection?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
One risk is this:

You might think it was real when it is NOT!

Although I accept the reality and have understanding about astral projection I too have understanding that the majority of astral projectors never leave their own head.

Is it Real or is it Memoryx?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
One risk is this:

You might think it was real when it is NOT!

Although I accept the reality and have understanding about astral projection I too have understanding that the majority of astral projectors never leave their own head.

Is it Real or is it Memoryx?

OR...you might fall victim to believing you KNOW EVERYTHING in the universe and so you go around saying rude and obnoxious things to seekers of truth, therefore making yourself look like a pompous bag of overinflated gas.
Hmmm...............you resemble my remark unfortunately

tsk tsk tsk very poor job of 'denying ignorance'

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Here is a pdf course in Astral Projection I found on the internet that some might find interesting. Worth checking out!

Astral Projection course 1-5.zip 256kb

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Or you assume something is true, with absolutely zero evidence to back it up.

'Delusion', it's called.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Mod Note: Everybody calm down. Relax, and discuss only the topic. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Or you assume something is true, with absolutely zero evidence to back it up.

'Delusion', it's called.

I assure you it is NOT delusion. It may not be anything more then a dream that you can control, but it definitely is a real occurrence.

I tend to lean more towards not a dream only because I can learn from, and experience things that I have no memory of ever seeing in the past. As a dream, I would normally only be able to experience things that I have experienced in the past.

I only wish you could put aside your ignorance for a second, learn about the technique, and maybe even practice it. If you are the kind of person that requires seeing as believe, no matter how documented it may be, then this is something that you most definitely can learn how to do and experience for yourself.

You may just enjoy it as well.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism
reply to post by David_Reale

. Your heart rate is lowered to a degree that is mistaken for death.

this is one of the things that i couldnt understand,you physically feel as if your dying or at least slipping into a coma,most people who have obes will know what im taliking about,its as if your lay on ledges and keep slipping down about 5 feet to the next ledge,this for me is the only uncomfortable thing about astral projection.When i come back into my body usually my heart rate has sky rocketed,maybe this is the only way you can get out,to have your body tricked into thinking its dead,i know they say in the books that when you think of wanting to be back in your body then you are,but it still takes me about 4 or 5 minutes to get full control back and start moving my hands,infact the first thing you can operate is your eyes.

ive got books on NDE,obes,but none of them actually talk about the heart rate required for an obe,Monroe gives a sentence about how it effects could be coronary driven but other than that?has there been any experiments that measure heart rate before.during,and after?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I would like to speak on the concept of possesion. It is not the common misconception of having a demon rumbling around in your body. One may more accurately discribe the concept of possesion as split personality. When a indiidual astral travels they are still tied to their physical body because they havn't died (technically taking a small vacation but leaving your luggage at home) If another spirit suceeds in possesing ones body, it is more of a shared space wherein you have to live with a permanant room mate. This will result in a split persanilty type of behaviour as both souls will most likely have different wants.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonbeam cat

Originally posted by MrMysticism
reply to post by David_Reale

. Your heart rate is lowered to a degree that is mistaken for death.

this is one of the things that i couldnt understand,you physically feel as if your dying or at least slipping into a coma,most people who have obes will know what im taliking about,its as if your lay on ledges and keep slipping down about 5 feet to the next ledge,this for me is the only uncomfortable thing about astral projection.When i come back into my body usually my heart rate has sky rocketed,maybe this is the only way you can get out,to have your body tricked into thinking its dead,i know they say in the books that when you think of wanting to be back in your body then you are,but it still takes me about 4 or 5 minutes to get full control back and start moving my hands,infact the first thing you can operate is your eyes.

ive got books on NDE,obes,but none of them actually talk about the heart rate required for an obe,Monroe gives a sentence about how it effects could be coronary driven but other than that?has there been any experiments that measure heart rate before.during,and after?

LOL. Sorry but your heart rate is not lowered until you are near death. Astral projection is a method of meditation in itself, and learning how to consciously be aware as your body lies between falling asleep, and entering a dream. There is nothing associated with dying, and any changes in heart rate are probably due to fear - which still occasionally happens to me, depending on the method that I use to exit. If I drop out of my body too fast, its too much and I usually wake up with an elevated heart rate due to the sudden jolt. If I roll out, its more gradual and easier controlled.

Its all about learning to be more aware of your consciousness, thats the trick. No learning how to almost die, no slowing your heart rate to near death.. just learn to be aware of what you usually are not, and you too can enjoy the gift of astral journeys.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Sigh* Astral Projection I beleive can be one of the most powerful tools in existance. I have only astral projected about 10 times, I'm 24. 7 of those times I have been attacked, the other 3 I have someone who is in the house at the time come up to me, speak gibberish and walk off as if it wasn't really them (it wasn't).

My first experience of being attacked I was in my house alone, just enjoyed playing Everquest and was laying down in my bed to get some sleep.

I felt like I couldn't sleep so I decided to get up and get some water, un knowingly it turns out I was Astral Projecting.(Yes I am sure) So I walk towards my kitchen, and this cloaked figure jumps through my wall and stands infront of me holding a knife blade down.

I immediately get pushed to the ground by a force that felt like two magnets when they push each other way.

I struggled, and struggled, couldn't move, couldn't get up, until finally I got sucked back into my body and woke up.

The last time it happend, about 2 years ago now, ( it happens to me every 2-4 years wich is odd because it always happens long after I forgot about it) I was in my hotel room with my father we had just moved to missouri.

I wake up, and for the first time I actually had the silver cord people talk about, right away I knew I was astral projecting. I also read it can't break, and it was slightly pulling me into my body so I pulled back, it actually broke.... but then I was freely astral projecting.(yes it broke and I was fine)

Anyway, I notice a set of books on the table that arn't there in the physical realm, so I decided to pick them up ofcourse ( This has happend afew times, one thing out of place then I fall for it, pick it up, and I get attacked... it's weird as hell)

This time was different tho.... this time I pick it up and got transported to this HUGE Cave or Stone like Temple.... I was on this huge stage with hundreds of the cloaked figured who have attacked me (all of whom looked the same) were starring, and some ugly green skinned hag with a big walking stick talking to them about me, pointing at me and saying Quote "You shall live a life of Fear and Suffering"

After she said that, I transported back to my body, scared #less.(to be honest)

I skipped a lot of experienced in between, this is my first AP, and my Last (so far).

My Email is [email protected] if you want to IM or email me any comments.... there appreciated.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join