It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Risks with astral projection?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AkashicWanderer

Great response!

Dobbie

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I have a question for all those astral travellers, Do you go to bed and close your eyes and think up a dream then the dream changes to something else ? Or do you go to bed, close your eyes and are instantly transported to some magical land? I ask this becuase when I go to bed I close my eyes and I think of a situation (as I am 20 they tend to be X rated). Then it'll change without my permission.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by trilateral]

I do a few things to help me fall alseep. I have trouble turning off my brain when I lay down at night so I envision a few things to keep my mind from wandering. Sometimes I do all three steps and sometimes I only need to do 1 or 2.

1.) I envision a thick dark blue cloak wrapped around my body. First my favorite color is blue. Second blue is a relaxing color to me. This kinda creates a protective "bubble" that calms me and allows my body to slow down.

2.) I hold my tounge against the roof of my mouth. Pretty much this distracts me from everything and prevents my mind from wondering. I know it sounds silly, but hey whatever floats your boat right?

3.) Lastly, I do this one the most, I envision darkness creeping over me. Kinda like walking away from the light in a tunnel. At times I can actually feel the darkness over coming my body, like a phyisical presence.

Now I dont do these to astral project. I do them to fall a sleep. I have found that if try to create a dream before I fall alseep I will never actually fall asleep. I will lay there awake thinking about the dream.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Which is exactly what has just happened to me now. Well, that and I was sweating a lot. It's 5:20am and I'm yet to get sleep. I bet something epic is going to happen when I go to sleep now.

What gets me into the Pre-OOBE stage (with the ripping noise, the intense bass rumbling noise, voices) is a couple of hours of sleep. Then I'll wake up and go do something else. Around an hour later, I'll probably end up going back to sleep just telling myself once; something like "Ok, you're going to get to this state this time, don't fear it".

I'll drift off to sleep and then probably enter some scripted dream that I can't control. Something so stupid will then appear to make me panic or seem extremely sinister to me. Like this one time I was talking and laughing with some girls, and I didn't even see myself in a reflection on a window, but some other dude, then some panicking begun, and the whole Pre-OOBE stage kicked in.

The thing is, it felt horrible and evil. Truth is, it isn't. It's pretty much only a bridge to one of the most serene places you could possibly be, I think. Usually, though, if I get scared or something, I just get out of the Pre-OOBE stage immediately by trying to open my eyes or move. I usually get out of it instantly, which is pretty good.

I've only had one OOBE, and it didn't really last long. It happened a couple of weeks back. The Pre-OOBE stage last for a few seconds, and then VOOP - Out of my body, and then over my body. I looked down at myself for a few seconds, then I closed my eyes. I saw everything in a different vision. I saw everything in red and my body was glowing white. I then opened my eyes, and then looked around my room. I thought to myself "Wow, I didn't know I had it in me", then I guess I just went back to my body.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I project about 4-times a week if not more, and I know this could be just as dangerous if not more than dabbling with an Ouija Board ETC. I've been doing so since I was about 4-years of age. It just comes naturally to me. I could be up and about and feel the vibrations which can mean just about anything i.e. needing to project for one reason or another. When this happens I take myself to a quite place and project. Or I project through lucidity and spontaneously.

David_Reale, I think you're one of the smart ones out there, you're most defiantly playing your cards right. I feel most individuals need to "ready" themselves when it comes to OOBE. Astral Projection has it's negatives and positives just like everything else. One cannot become a target when projecting, one needs to prepare ones self mentally, spiritually and physically. When the time is right you'll know. Absorb all that comes to you and decide on your own time when it's right for you.

I help others achieve outer body experiences for about 6-years now. Which takes a lot of energy out of me but is very gratifying to witness oneself in achieve this, for many reasons or another.

Dae, you stated in a previous post:

"I love astral projection threads and I always check them to see if I can learn anything new or if anyone has had experiences like me (none found so far)."

Well my friend I believe you may have met someone who has experiences like yourself. I will agree with you it's extremely hard to find another with the experience in this, I've found not even a hand full. But, when I do, I latch on and enjoy the ride.
-winks-

When it comes to the Solar System Dae yes I've been there and have learned much. I must say not by choice most of the times, it just seems to pull me towards it when I project. I now know why, but before it scared the living hell out of me do to the not knowing exactly what's pulling me in and to the fact the "not knowing" part.

Good luck in your journey David!

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Ekstasis]

Dae

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ekstasis

Heya Ekstasis, have a look in this thread about the 11th post down I describe my experiences, have a look and see if you still agree that we shared the same experience, I would love to know!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dae

Are you implying in regards to the pain you're feeling?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think i am just beginning to form the ability to project, but I am always quite aware of my body as i do it. Its almost like having 2 consciences in one experience. My most active of projections, I felt as if I made a copy of myself and kind of floated about without much control of where I was going. It was weird.

But basically, I think AP'ing is more about the power of your mind and while it may be supernatural in terms of your ability, there is nothing demonic coming after you.

Dae

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ekstasis

In a nutshell, yes. Ever heard of it or experienced it yourself?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Mr. Clause, please don't take this offensively. But it seems you've only been prematurity projecting for somewhat of a short time yes? For you to say "there is nothing Demonic coming after you" from someone who hasn't been projecting long, which means you haven't fully experienced Astral projection and it's Dimensions to its fullest in someone who has is an understatement. You are entitled to your own views of course, but experience in this field is needed when making a fact such as yours.

Every time an individual projects one is leaving a door way open. Especially if ones vibration is off kilter or low. You need to remember AP or as some will also call soul travel is at times an occult practice, an OOBE produced through meditation, witchcraft or however the individual projects ones self gains access to lower level entities and at times upper level entities which is then used for whatever purposes they posse. This can go both ways of course, negative and positive energy.

My view on the lower and upper level are separated by vibrational frequencies. It is said the astral plane(s) has 7-levels, why wouldn't one if not all habitat realm creatures as some would say. The astral world isn't just a play-ground for us. It can be structured just as in our waking life life, where people can go to classes or even work on projects of their choice.

There are creatures that we can not see that are literally "out of this world." I am quite sure most of these exists and have varying degrees of personality as we do. On a personal note I have witness this numerous of times, not only from myself but from a handful of others.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dae

Yes I've experienced this many of times. It's not fun to go through what's so ever. One way I've over came this and at times I still experience this from time to time is relax. I think why so many experience this is impatience, at least for myself. I believe what you're referring to as Mr. Monroe states, "The Vibrational Sensory Effect" which is in the beginning state of projecting. Which consist of visual image of a localized electrical sparks, physical discomfort and so forth. It's all in the frequency of the vibrations. When you come to this next time relax. Calm yourself down and change your vibration frequency to a pattern you can work with. Of course you may not project at a rate you're wanting but it'll make things go a lot smoother.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by David_Reale
I've been thinking about trying out Astral projection now for a while, but I still am very reluctant (simply because I'm somewhat of a coward
). It's not that I'm afraid of the experience itself or don't believe in it. It's just that I'm a little scared of what might happen to my body while I'm out wandering the skies, so to speak. So I figure I'd make a post where we can talk about the risks with astral projection for all beginners.

Is it really true that other spirits/entities/whatnot can take hold of your body when you do astral projection?
If it is, am I right to presume there is no way in h-ll to take it back again?

Just a thought.

[edit on 9-1-2006 by David_Reale]

Astral projection is a natural occurrence that everybody experiences. In ancient times, people were comfortable with their out of body experiences and often referred to their astral bodies as their "ghosts". It wasn't until times when strict, organized religions came into play that certain natural experiences were deemed "bad".

Whether you realize it or not, you have already astral projected. You may not recall your experience, but that doesn't discount that it hasn't happened.

I have been working with conscious astral projection for almost 20 years now and I do not always remember, but I am left with a sense of "travel", so to speak.

It's just like your dreams. We don't always recall our dreams, but we know we dream.

If you don't mind, I'd like to recommend a couple of books.

"Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming" by Stephen LaBerge and "Leaving the Body - a complete guide to astral projection" by D. Scott Rogo.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dae

Interested in hearing back from you. If you have any questions in relations to Astral Projection and so forth please don't hesitate to email me.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
i want to know how exactly do you astral project... ive been tryin for a while now and i just cant do it

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Time to chime in for me since I have seen MANY misconceptions about astral travel so far on this board.

I have been exploring the astral for the better part of a decade, maybe a little longer, and must say it is the most exciting experience of my life. For all of you who think something bad can happen when in the astral you are extremely mistaken. Think of it like this, has anything ever taken over your body while you were sleeping? How about your friends? Family? No? Never? Exactly. When we go to sleep, we are actually in the astral plane, just not conciously aware of it. Occasionally yes, you may come into contact with a lower entity, but no harm can come to you. Someone earlier said astral projection was almost as dangerous as ouija? Thats absolutely crazy, and no way in hell is it even close to being risky. You take more of a risk driving your car to work every day, honestly.

Now, as for my method of astral projection, its more natural then anything but i'll share and hopefully it may help someone.

I lay in bed, either on my back or side, doesnt really matter, and tell myself I am going to project tonight. When falling asleep, I usually notice either being able to see through my eyelids, certain hypnagogic sounds, or full blown sleep paralysis. These are all signs that it is time to seperate. What I do to seperate is simple.. I roll off my bed. Some people raise out of the body, and I have even fell downwards through my bed, but for the most part I roll out to the side and float down to the floor. Once a few seconds have passed, I open my eyes and do a few reality checks. Most common is using certain "powers" if you will, that normally would be impossible in real life. I walk out of my bedroom through my door, and then fly through the living room, through the wall, to the outside. Depending on which level of the astral I am in effects the colors, brightness, and inhabitants.

I have many threads on here talking about my astral experiences, techniques, and answering questions that people have asked. I highly suggest that you get over your fears of seperation, although I myself had a very hard time overcoming the initial unknown. I think we automatically fear what we do not know, and the astral is definitely something that you will never know about until you experience it.

Please, do not put into peoples heads that they are at risk while in the astral. This is one of the biggest misconceptions and obstacles people must overcome in order to relax enough to seperate. I see no reason to say such things other then to scare people out of doing it. If anyone has questions, I am extremely well versed on the subject and will give you honest answers to your questions. The astral is a beautiful world, and I only wish more people would take the time and learn how to explore it.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
ive tried countless time to have an oobe with no sucess can someone please help me

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Here is a thread that CAN HELP you with your OOBE venture....
Please don't pay TO much heed to the first page...
..as that page is rather silly.....
:lol...
(yes it is TRUE I was yanked out, but then I had to learn to get out by myself anyway so the yank did not really help beyond KNOWING how real OOBE is)
The following pages are jam packed with ATS travelers techniques and it is different for everybody.... so you need to try everything till you find what works best for you.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That thread had OODLES of links to ASTRAL PROJECTION sites and message boards that have really good info.....as well as links to the HEMI-SYNC sounds that are a doorway 'out' for many.

Nobody gives better advise than AkashikWanderer I promise...heed his words.

Ekstasis ....I hope you will come over to that big thread and share your POV & adventures with us all over there......

Anybody that has an interest and wants to join us over on the big thread is TOTALLY WELCOME.....(except for trolls lol).....btw

[edit on 21-8-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
thank you very much for your help

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

To answer your question about other ghosts and spirts entering your body. Yes, this is very common when you are in AP. Your heart rate is lowered to a degree that is mistaken for death. Evil spirits try to take over your body for reasons that I have not figured out yet, but I have experienced it trying to overwhelm my body.

What I mean by this is that while laying on my back I feel the pressure of a force on my chest and then moving in side of me. Usually as soon as I realize what is going on it quickly goes away because I have returned and taken back control of my body.

I feel that many times when a preson comits suicide that evil spirts or ghost try to take control of that body hense taking control of the spirit. I think this is what is happening in many AP cases that I have experienced.

I experienced a time when the feeling was so profound that I came back and said out loud, "What the fu#$!" Instantly I felt the spirit exit my body and it like went straight out the house window and made the horizontal blinds sway back and forth!

I think spirts pray on peoples weak emotions and when you are thinking strong thoughts they get scared. They are used to people being scared of them and end up paniced and confused!

AP is very hard to explaine so I won't even try in this post.

There you go. I wouldn't sweat it as long as you have trained yourself to be %100 percent control over your emotions.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join