It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is god silent?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
We did kill his son didn't we? Or maybe he does care, but his voice would make our wee heads explode. Those are probebly two good reasons.

No, I'm afraid neither of these makes a lick of sense. Even by Christian theology, children are not held accountable for the crimes of their fathers (never mind that we are all suffering as the result of some Adam and Eve's "sin", and the 4th generation has long since passed).

No-one on this board had anything to do with killing your god's son, and if your god is omnipotent, then he has the power to present himself in a way that won't make our heads explode.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Don't pidgeonhole me. I was making a joke. If there is a God, I'm sure He doesn't need to bother with the likes of us. He's got bigger fish to fry so to speak. The reason God (if there is a God?) doesn't speak is because he doesn't have a mouth. Man based his image on him. Probebly just a big blue blob like in that Star Trek movie when Kirk and the crew travel to the centre of the universe, to find that big blue blob masquarding as the G-man.

Don't put me in as a Christian just yet, mr Spammyhammy.
I do not have a religion. I just try to be good. :p

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
All those that are religious.. do you think your God is the same as everyone elses God that has a religion on this Earth?

Do you think that Jesus was a God?
Do you think Ala was a God?

If an alien were to come onto this earth and explain to us that their alien race created human being.. would you still believe in God? Or believe in your religion?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

All those that are religious.. do you think your God is the same as everyone elses God that has a religion on this Earth?

Do you think that Jesus was a God?
Do you think Ala was a God?

If an alien were to come onto this earth and explain to us that their alien race created human being.. would you still believe in God? Or believe in your religion?

No, I think the different Gods ruled over their populations, and none of the other Gods ever sought to take territories from the others.

I think Jesus had that super-powered DNA because his father was a God, and poor Joseph was never really quite able to please Mary after that encounter. Jesus also had some awesome training, and didn't watch TV or eat junk food, both of which would have hampered his abilities to perform those brain/chi-powered miracles.

Ala was a God, just like the other ones were.

No aliens will ever come to Earth and explain that they made us. If anyone comes to Earth, it will be to reestablish the Feudalism that once existed, with the Gods ruling over the rest of the population. Hence Jesus or God's return. That's how the universe works, we are tools. If we knew how we were made, we would have the whole "Freeeeedoooom" William Wallace thing going on, which is kind of what I think is going on right now anyways between our leaders and "them". If we knew our leaders wanted freedom or wanted death, and death was in store for us, would you be so bold as to follow them? Nope! Which is why we don't know.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join