It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is god silent?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
But still, magicpreast, three posts ago you still talk about sumerian, greek, hindu gods, but when God is seen as all, as everything, those gods you recall might better be named Godlike, godlike creatures.

Still, in my opinion God is, if one would like to call it the now, or time, or space, or dimensions, God is, and I don't want to create your vision of God, you may see it as you want. But once you've got a picture of God, and no needle can push through it, I might say you've found him. And then creatures can be called Godlike when they move through God in His way.

AA

[edit on 10-1-2006 by alienaddicted]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanBean
OK ladies and gents, I think it's time for a good old-fashioned religious debate, so....

Christians, please step up and tell us why we should believe that Christianity really is right and that Athiests, Agnostics, Muslims, Hindus, Bhuddists, Voodoists, Scientologists and everyone else are wrong.

Thought i would weigh in here with my personal opinion based upon my life expereinces, and the people I've chosen to actually listen to.

As a true Christian i feel that Athiests, Agnostics, Muslims, Hindus, Bhuddists, Voodoists, Scientologists and everyone else are NOT wrong.

As a self proclaimed Christian you may ask how i can say that i feel they are all not wrong? To include Athiests?

Simple. There is a God. To say that they are all not connected somehow to the original Truth, is to say you don't believe in an omnipresent consciousness, and thus say there is no God.

As for Athiests being right?

One purported definition af an Athiest is: One who does not acknowledge any supreme being, from their perspective there is nothing higher, no superior deity that created them.

God fits that definition.

And, the God of the bible had a first commandment, to justify my explanation.

Further more, Athiests do acknowledge their own existance, so to say God doesn't acknowledge God is also not an athiestic precept.

So, what is the practice of every monotheistic belief system to include Christianity?

Christianity does preach it's point of view. It does try to convert people to Christianity.

Christianity is the belief that that Christ was GOD manifested in man.

Christianity is a term that people who want to be more like Christ call themselves.

SUMMARY:

Christian's convert people to their brand of thinking: Christ was God, and they want to be more like God, and God has athiestic tendancies.

And yet, I'm still a Christian, go figure.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
And, the God of the bible had a first commandment, to justify my explanation

What do you mean by this? I'm not being cheeky or anything, I'm quite interested to know

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
And, the God of the bible had a first commandment, to justify my explanation

What do you mean by this? I'm not being cheeky or anything, I'm quite interested to know

There are variations of the frist commandment, i must concede.

Some variations include:

1) "I am a jealous God, thou shall have no Gods before me."
2) "I am the Lord, thy God. There are no Gods before me."
3) "Thou shall have no Gods before me."

In all the above variations, God explicitly seems to say that there is no deity, no God to be worshipped, nor admired, but him/her/gender unspecific.

And, i was just trying to show there is credance to my statement that God has athiestic tendancies. This actually makes him more all knowing, does it not? For God can relate to athiests, which actually enforces my faith, it does not degrade it.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Ithink I am going to start delivering some serious warns for those who cannot tell the difference between ATS and BTS, conspiracy topics and theology topics. It would be good that people start paying attention.

Moved to theology.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
don't give it such a bad name Thomas, it would be more appreciated if judged on the goodness and quality of the thread, than being misplaced, and sometimes through the evolvement of the thread, a thread needs to be replaced.

with kind regards,

Aa

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Ithink I am going to start delivering some serious warns for those who cannot tell the difference between ATS and BTS, conspiracy topics and theology topics. It would be good that people start paying attention.

Moved to theology.

Geez, you didn't give a warn to Alienaddicted just for speaking up a little did you? Come on, we wuz just messin around

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
nah humanbean, I got a bit messy with my "oil supply shortages" thread

I don't know where it's at now.. somewhere else I guess

my first warn, how nice

AND THEY TAKE POINTS!!

pointstealers

[edit on 10-1-2006 by alienaddicted]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

ps. Queenannie38, in answer to your question: Yes, I am a jerk. But usually only when I'm around people that tell me I will go to hell if I don't follow their religion

Well, you'll never get that from me--especially since I have no religion.

Admitting one is a jerk (even partially) means one is not really a jerk...

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Admitting one is a jerk (even partially) means one is not really a jerk...

Unless... Unless one is deliberatly trying to make one think that they think they are a jerk when really they don't think that but want other people to think that they think they do so that they really don't think they are! You see, only a jerk would think that way in the first place!

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienaddicted
my first warn, how nice

I'm so proud of you aa!

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
thanks humanbean, that being a real pleasure to hear,

now I hope you have something about this thread. maybe you 'll fine odout later.

regards, your Aa

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienaddicted

AND THEY TAKE POINTS!!

pointstealers

The one typing these words is not afraid of getting points taken away, but not trying to cross the line. However, if i choose to do something that does cause me to loose points (of course it has happened), it will be on my terms that they are taken, and only once out of 3 times was it ever unexpected for me. So, i guess i both learn something, and taught/shared a certain truth, which justified it in my mind. Points? They are nice, but my words will still be my words regardless if i am in the hole, or in the whole.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
WISESHEEP....
alot of other religions have the virgin birth in there history..the only difference is those religions are alot older then christianity.....also they didnt go around spreading the word of there message with the tip of a sword or journee to far away lands to teach the natives to be more modern and materialistic and to pray to there one god....

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
you might have good sight.

furthermore

I just broke moke middle-finger, being in place now.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I find it rather interesting that we seek for the definition of God in short answers, or even lengthy debates at times when most of us are unable to comprehend complex thought chains that require extensive knowledge and or expertise. God could very well be one of those matters.

When considering God, or a supreme being, especially one that created the heavens and the earth, if he or she were a being, they would have to have absolute knowledge of every element and or property of physics in the entire universe, seen or unseen. Every energy, every reverberatioin, every communication, every frequency.

Even if I were to sit here and begin Nuclear theory with any of you, most would fall off in a matter of minutes in terms of the scope and or concepts that constitute the science portion of the explanation. So here is an arguement of something that we know is within mans scope but is highly complcated. And to say the least, most of us can just say words like uranium, plutonium, and radioactive. However, Nuclear power, and the applications of its technology, many of us can speak with great detail on.
Like God, his reason, and his being, we were created, at some point in time, and we are alive. We have purpose, and we have a rough explanation.

That being said, how can we possibly begin to understand God, his entire scope of all aspects of live, the universe, and eternal life for that matter.
It would be like me explaining infinity. How do you explain infinity going outwards and inwards limitless. You cant. It just is.

God, and the word, I believe is a communication. That communication of all types is what he knows. The word is the simplist thing we can talk with. A pressure. A Decibal. A wave. A sound. Without words, nothing in the universe functions. Computers need a 1 or a 0. Which equates to two states, on or off. We are alive, and we have a language. We have sensations and emotions and we live in an environment, that despite being hostile in many areas, we still do well. Our 100 Mile thick atmosphere is 70% poisonouse to us, yet we still live.

So, knowing that their was a force, either a divine being or the universe, the overall message of that force or from man making it up in a bible, is that we are supposed to be caring, sharing and forgiving creatures and people. And that no matter if there is or isnt a God, that we need to understand that we are all created equal.

I personally believe In God. I believe that Gods plans are so over the top that for him even to tell you whats in store, would be something difficult to understand. God is there, just as your spouse or children are there. How often do we walk around, and claim that they arent listening to us?
They speak yet we do not hear them speak.

Mankind is so busy developing, and experiencing,and so into commerce, and stimulus, that hes forgotten his essence of being. That if one merely takes a moment to listen to themselves, and to feel love, and life, that perhaps the hand of God would make itself known unto them.

The people that seem to know God more then anyone else are the homeless and those that are less fortunate. God is present in their lives, for they have reason to listen. The have a need for hope, and they have needs period.

My suggestion for anyone who does not believe in God, or would like to know God is to do this. Go for a walk. Alone. Outside during the day. Speak aloud and ask God a question. Ask for him to show you a sign. Tell him that you are open minded. Do it where there arent a bunch of people or a place where you have to worry about being embarrassed. See if that doesnt come back to you. Listen and Look, and know when youve been shown. It will be a little clue here and there, and your answer will come.
When the answer comes, non beleivers will call it a coincidence. Believers will see a sign. Ill be interested in some of the experiences. PLease post.

Peace

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague
alot of other religions have the virgin birth in there history

Not just a lot, virtually every religion has incorporated the Virgin Birth in some form or another.

A while back I made a thread about Virgin Births among different mythological and religious traditions. Here's a quote from it:

From the Immaculate Conception
Quite obviously the drama of immaculate conception is not the exclusive domain of any one religion or world ideology. Is it coincidence that for 5000 years, virtually every religious and mythological belief structrure, some of which had never come into contact, has in one way or another incorporated the mysterious Immaculate Conception?

It becomes even more astounding when we realize that society, in the main, has been patriarchal and often chauvinistic throughout known human history. It wouldn't seem possible that the makers of religious myths/teachings, which we know must have surely been men, since men have always been the storytellers/shaman/chiefs/priests, would invent some sort of divine providence which excluded human male participation as its main course of operation.

Perhaps God isn't so silent after all?

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
i have read your thread..i think i even posted on it...it was a good one..i knew about a few but then your thread was like info overload...

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The answers:
1 God does not like to travel from heaven to earth. The temperature in space is about 3 degrees Kelvin and when your space vehicle is made with stone tools using stone age technology, well the trip can be Hell! Opps!
2. God moves in mysterious ways because man’s image of god and man’s concept of what god’s thinking keep changing with the times as god is reinvented by different societies.
3. While god had the ability to create life he apparently did not have the ability to adjust the invention so after considering all the options (let the Japanese do it, or Germans [if you have the money] or the Chinese [if we don’t already owe them more than we can repay] or have a kid, kill him and heap guilt on believers for century after century.
4. You proselytize young boys from poor families and offer them an education they would never otherwise get, hand them a load of crap and forbid them their natural urges because of some dreamt up version of self punishment, and expose them to true believers who have been fed a load of crap that priests somehow are special and have authority over peons and you have a formula for abuse.
5. The Pope is the representative of the gods, uh, top political leader, uh, top general, uh, top king, uh, top emperor and ruler for life DaDa. That is why he speaks for god except for jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, Dobson, Billy Graham, Yada Yada.
6. The church already knows full well that the bible is a conglomeration of old wives tales and made up poppycock. Have you heard anyone in the church make any similar statements? You read what happened to the Mayan priests.
6. On the Ark it depends on which Ark story you read, there are two in the bible and one has Noah taking seven pairs of all clean animals and two of unclean. Neither story mentions insects and one even has the flood killing all the fish, auspiciously by drowning. All this with stone tools and stone age technology. The Ark in the lesser version would be larger than the largest super tanker we have today and would not support its own weight in steal let alone wood from trees that do not grow in Mesopotamia or anywhere else on earth, for that matter.
7. Eve wasn’t told to avoid apples since apples do not grow naturally in Mesopotamia. The do grow in England however and the English wrote the bible everybody believes is 5,000 years old and they done it in the 1500’s.
It were the tree of knowledge that Eve was not supposed go near. The English had already figured out that if the peasants had knowledge the bubble was a gonna burst and burst big. So, ignorance was the name of the true believer game; without it, bye bye bubble.
8. Men have known for centuries that women were superior in every way except size and we have been using our size for at least 2 ½ million years in a vain attempt to best them and about all we cab do is abuse them physically and in the work place. The rib thingy was just a stupid story made up by a male sometime during one of the four redactations of the original romance novel from which the bible is taken.
Is that enough? lol
skep

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Why is god silent?

The same reason that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy haven't spoken in years, I'd imagine...

Sorry, just had to go there....

[edit on 10-1-2006 by Gazrok]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join