It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut heard saying "We still have the alien space craft under observance"**Audio Only**

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I hear "we have the orbiting spacecraft uh under-repelling"

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

42 years young. I didn't see any other sources of the story except what I posted, really no need to be so rude. I KNOW a lot of things, but I don't go around calling people names, because they are UNAWARE of the rest of the story.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

42 years young. I didn't see any other sources of the story except what I posted, really no need to be so rude. I KNOW a lot of things, but I don't go around calling people names, because they are UNAWARE of the rest of the story.

If you saw as much wasted brainpower and sincerity on this subject as I do, you'd be justified in getting snarky too. The question facing us is what to DO about it? What kind of search engines, or applications of existing search engines, would enable an intelligent person such as yourself to go looking for 'the rest of the story'?

...and what kind of attitude adjustment would convince you to WANT to go looking for it, which apparently, you didn't until I gobsmacked you.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

First off, you didn't godsmack anyone since your first attempt at explaining the hoax was filled with nothing but you saying "the original guy who recorded it dismissed it after hearing a similar voice on a future mission with a different crew".

Yeh, great, that sort of info just debunks everything! Good show, jolly swell!

Since some guy with a 'possibly' untrained ear 'thinks' two voices are 'too similar", that means what?

I'll tell you my decade in working with sound shows me that your explanation was silly. Many voices sound similar. And seeing how people can't even seem to correctly identify the simple wording of the clip, I am shocked you even credit a "guy saying voices sound alike" as worthy evidence to post...while calling people stupid.

I could call you stupid for even posting that bit of detail, since its irrelevant. Don't you spend enough time working with sound to know this? Should you be insulted for not researching that the human ear can not accurately identify between two human male voices? Should you be laughed at for not knowing the FBI has had trouble matching voices in recordings with 'similar' voices on other tapes?

Naw...you should just be allowed to learn those facts on your own. And I don't think anyone should be too "snarky" with you during your adventure down learner-lane.

Oh...and most importantly...I don't have a end-all answer to this recording either way. Know why? Because "I know enough" to "do my research", and I have my own ideas on why certain people who come out with info change their tune after a little attention from TPTB.

I assume it may be also the reasons behind certain people meeting all sorts of strange ends.

But since YOU are the snarky expert who knows so much due to his extensive research. I will allow you to teach me...if that is, you have learned more in your research then I have in mine...and of course hoping you can share said info with another "human" with dignity and respect.

If you can't? Oh well...I seen a small example of how you share, and what you rest your facts on. I think I can suffer without your insight.

Either way...I still say the recording can be saying all sorts of things. The audio is too garbled and under best conditions I can obtain, I hear "observance".

But...I can't claim my knowledge closes any doors.

Peace

Now

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Anyone have an approximate time hack on when this was allegedly said? The reason I ask is because I have digital copies of the original recordings. I obtained them directly from NASA using the FOIA. I don't really want to have to listen to all six days of the mission to find it. Although I think I could narrow it down to 24 hours as the general consensus is it took place on the 13th.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Nobody? Then I guess I'll just have to listen to all of it.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ratcals
Nobody? Then I guess I'll just have to listen to all of it.

The recording was made off of a rebroadcast of the NASA a/g, on a widely accessible ham band, and even the original reporter (Donald Ratsch -- search on his name, the original time of the recording may be documented somewhere) stated that the phrase did NOT occur on the original NASA a/g. This was one reason he suspected -- and later concluded -- the phrase was broadcast by a nearby prankster.

If this is true, you will not hear the phrase in your own listening.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It makes you wonder! Thats for sure. I hear "we all have to take a crap under observance!"

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Reported Speech CONFIRMED:

HELLO HOUSTON THIS IS DISCOVERY
WE STILL HAVE THE ALIEN SPACECRAFT, UH..
ON V.F.R.

www.ken-welch.com...

Which also states:

VFR = Visual Flight Rules, means object is visible by eye

But en.wiktionary.org... says..

Visual Flight Rules , a set of rules allowing a pilot to fly by sight references, rather than by relying on instruments under Instrument Flight Rules ("IFR").

[edit on 3-9-2009 by gmax111]

[edit on 3-9-2009 by gmax111]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
We're discussing this on another thread, should we redirect thither?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Pilot John E. Blaha say clearly: "HELLO HOUSTON THIS IS DISCOVERY
WE STILL HAVE THE ALIEN SPACECRAFT, UH.... THE WEATHER BALOON, UH... THE SWAMP GAS... UNDER OBSERVANCE".

That's it!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
We're discussing this on another thread, should we redirect thither?

If this is the thread you're referring to, I found it!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I get the impression that Cmdraleon is going to stick to his theories no matter how much truth you throw at him, but I give you credit for even trying to convince him! Hopefully some others will learn from your posts there even if he doesn't.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Thanks, it's good practice anyway -- I'm not always as clear or focussed as I could be, at first, but I can learn...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join