It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut heard saying "We still have the alien space craft under observance"**Audio Only**

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I know theres been loads of stuff on here and other sites regarding what Astonauts have seen regarding UFO's etc.

But i came across this sound clip that clearly states what he can see.
I just wanted some opinions on this.
The site wont let me link the file so go to this link and scroll to the bottom, its the last one, i know its duplicated above it, but ignore the first, dont think it works.
www.angelfire.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I've run it through some filters, sounds to me like he's saying ORBITING space craft....

rock on
twj

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
An old thread of mine, but i just wanted to see if there were any other opinion or comments on this bit of audio?

Is it for real??

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
have you tried to clean it up any? Run the sound clip through an equalizer, fiddle with the playback speed, cut out everything else and just let the one sound ('alien' or 'orbiting') loop over and over and over again....

play with the sound some and then see what you hear...

Sound bites aside, the phrase "We have the orbiting space craft under observance" coming from an astronaut sounds pretty mundane...

whereas: "We have the ALIEN space craft under observance" sounds a little fishy...

Alien? Really? that's pretty conclusive, even for an astronaut... not a bogey, not a blip, not an unknown or unidentified, a bona fide Alien.... hmmmm. And they are saying this on an open channel from space to Earth for all to hear?

Not a 'code word' space craft, but an Alien space craft....

hmmmm.

twj

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I would say it was picked up.
Unless its a hoax?

Well..................?

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
There was a site that claimed that the guy who picked this up also heard it on a later shuttle flight when the voice did not come close to matching any of the astronauts, and that it was a hoax. That's all heresay, via the web.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I think what he actually meant to say was, "...the alien space craft still has us unders survellience..."

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Ok, to me, it does sound like the word "orbiting" however, I am not certain the last word is "observance" though I could not imagine what other word is being used. In fact, that last word almost sounds like "umbrella" to me but that really wouldn't make any sense based on context.

Addtionally, even if the word were "orbitting" and not "alien" I would think it would still be an unusual statement to make. Why wouldn't he say "satellite" or "debris" or some such? I mean if you're on the shuttle already, what other "space craft" would be orbitting anyway? If it was the space station, I would figure he would use that term and not "space craft".

Finally, all our speculation doesn't amount to a hill of beans without more info. The sound byte seems to be part of a broadcast, perhaps a news or radio show of some type. I would love to hear the rest of the commentary from that show or, better yet, the transmissions before and after the byte itself. And what exactly is the origin of this? Can it be verified somehow? I still have far too many unanswered questions to form any real opinions yet as to the authenticity of this or its implications.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I have read testimony from more than one astronaut who said "at no time were we alone" meaning there were other unidentified spacecraft by them. Apparently, they felt that they were being surveilled by someone. I know that Buzz Aldrin was trying to get someone of importance to listen to his experiences with UFO's (he is one who believes the other spacecraft was alien) to no avail. But he did try contacting alot of important people about what he saw. Alot of him just thought he'd lost his marbles, but apparently the UFO statement is on official recordings.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I touched the subject of UFOs with Dr Aldrin and I certainly got the impression that it was something he 'knew' about. But then I would probably be biased. I wish I'd pressed it further but there were half a dozen other people present and it didn't seem like the right thing to do.

On a similar note, I used to watch live ISS feeds on NASA TV online, a few times things would drift into view and a couple of times someone would turn the camera around so it faced the wall.

[edit on 16-4-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by torbjon
I've run it through some filters, sounds to me like he's saying ORBITING space craft....

rock on
twj

I agree it does sound like 'orbiting spacecraft'

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I first heard it on Nasa smoking gun . They have cleaned it up a bunch and I hear clear as a bell "alien spacecraft"

P.S. Denied.....i like the new background....

[edit on 8-8-2006 by Tiloke]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the film / dvd secret space ? Well it has this clip on there plus the video footage, and plenty of other ufo documents and testimonials from people in NASA and the russian air-force. They have come in contact with the ufo's in space on numerous occasions, but of course it isn't documented and you are told to forget what you see.

There is one clip on there where these 2 astonaughts are doing repairs on the shuttle outside of the craft on extensions ( to stop them floating off ) and the guy still slightly inside informs the other 2 outside that there is a ' bogey at 10 o'clock ' which was over their shoulders in the distance, and you do see a white object hovering. They say something like ' a bogey ?! ' and he the other guy says ' yeah don't worry about it '.

The dvd goes onto say it is so common to see these lights in space that is just everyday things / happenings to them. But of course the same as all alien / ufo sightings and information, this never gets out into the public 4 all to see and hear about. Because the greedy corrupt world leaders want the knowledge...i.e power all to themselves.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
If the govement is keeping info on aliens from us, why would they allow secret nasa
tapes to be released?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by torbjon
Alien? Really? that's pretty conclusive, even for an astronaut... not a bogey, not a blip, not an unknown or unidentified, a bona fide Alien.... hmmmm. And they are saying this on an open channel from space to Earth for all to hear?

Hi,

The relevant audio clip was released to the UFO community by Donald Ratsch (see the July 1989 issue of the MUFON Journal). Ratsch stated that he recorded the relevant audio via his audio scanner "from the space shuttle Discovery through WA3NAN, the club station of the Goddard Amateur Radio Club at Greenbelt, Md, transmitting on 147.450 MHZ".

Ratsch has stated that he heard the same voice saying something similar a year later (when the shuttle crew was different), so he concluded that "the target voice was a hoax probably from an amateur radio operator".

See, for example, James Oberg's email on Updates at the link below:

www.virtuallystrange.net...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
If the govement is keeping info on aliens from us, why would they allow secret nasa
tapes to be released?

The point I was making was that ex-workers for high profile american space projects and secret military bases come out with information on their past. The government can't control what they speak except silence them with taking their lives. But the reason most people speak out is because it protects their family. Killing them or their family would add more weight to their claims.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I think IsaacKoi is right.

If you think about it, why would an American astronaut use the word "observance"? That is something a Brit or European might say but an American would say "observation". Also, what are the odds that they would use the word "alien"?

I vote hoax on this one.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn

Originally posted by thesneakiod
tapes to be released?

The point I was making was that ex-workers for high profile american space projects and secret military bases come out with information on their past. The government can't control what they speak except silence them with taking their lives. But the reason most people speak out is because it protects their family. Killing them or their family would add more weight to their claims.

Fair point, but that didnt really answer my question.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Update...
I find it funny that everyone commenting on this said this is a hoax, well NASA admitted to it finally, but said it was just a joke. Yeah right, I guess that's why they said go to a secure line after that was said. They would not go to a secure line for the word orbiting either.

At first NASA denied everything, when they realised they couldn't deny an actual recording, they acknowledged it was real – but said it was a joke. Anyone who's heard the recording will no doubt attest that the astronaut did not seem to be in a funny mood. A transmission heard but not recorded by an amateur radio operator in Ohio just before the 'spacecraft under observance' message is alleged to have been an astronaut telling NASA that "We have a fire". 'Fire', it's widely assumed, was a code word for UFO. Yet another radio operator claims to have then heard NASA tell the shuttle to switch to another frequency.

www.hecklerspray.com...
www.ken-welch.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
Update...
I find it funny that everyone commenting on this said this is a hoax, well NASA admitted to it finally, but said it was just a joke. Yeah right, I guess that's why they said go to a secure line after that was said. They would not go to a secure line for the word orbiting either.

At first NASA denied everything, when they realised they couldn't deny an actual recording, they acknowledged it was real – but said it was a joke. Anyone who's heard the recording will no doubt attest that the astronaut did not seem to be in a funny mood. A transmission heard but not recorded by an amateur radio operator in Ohio just before the 'spacecraft under observance' message is alleged to have been an astronaut telling NASA that "We have a fire". 'Fire', it's widely assumed, was a code word for UFO. Yet another radio operator claims to have then heard NASA tell the shuttle to switch to another frequency.

www.hecklerspray.com...
www.ken-welch.com...

Most folks get wiser and better informed as they age -- it's the only advantage to aging -- but I guess not around here. Instead, you keep repeating, with added garbles, all the original nonsense your naive younger minds sucked in when you were particularly susceptible to exciting-sounding nonsense.

The 'under observation' tape, originally made by Donald Ratsch of MUFON, was repudiated by Ratshc himself a few years later. Part of the problem is that internet sites lied when they said it was recorded off a space shuttle transmission. It actually was recrded off a ham radio club rebroadcast of a shuttle transmission, on a ham radio band -- a frequency that hundreds of people within range of the transmitter could also work. Nobody else but Ratsch heard it, so he later figured it had originated locally as a prank, especially when, he reported, he heard the same voice making a similar comment during a later shuttle flight.

The fact that Ratsch's recantation of a story that he originated -- a correction that shows his good character and honesty, which is why it's so rare in this field -- cannot be located, or is ignored, by UFO websites promoting the original story, os a condemnation of the integrity of those websites, and of the judgment of people who blindly believe them.

The 'joke' story deals with a comment by Cathy Coleman about having a UFO in view, a comment she made from the spacelab module (which has no windows nor exterior-monitoring TV screens) and was later embarrassed to admit was a joke about another astronaut's handsome butt moving down the transfer tunnel from the shuttle cabin. She survived the reprimand and is not assigned to a forthcoming space station mission.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join