It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The disarmament of the militia a conspiracy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Produkt
Ok, now why can you have a militia, but not a rebellion?

We are supposed to have the right to posses arms and maintain a militia, but now we dont. Just like we were supposed to be able to rebel against the government, now we cant.

I SHOULD have both of those rights, but currently I dont. Hence this post and argument of a conspiracy to degrade our civil rights.

Yes, alot of technology *could* be used if forced upon us. It isn't being forced tho. People wouldn't allow certain thing's to be forced upon them either. My favorite part about america though... The right to vote. It hold's more power then you think it does.

Actually some States now track all vehicles. They also track cell phones and probably a whole bunch of other crazy things. And they almost certainly log the internet and communications.

I know better then to think voting means a damn. Most of the time politicians will say one thing and do another. There is no way for me to uphold their integrity. Except if I held the country hostage with a nuclear bomb. Thats just the facts. You can try and hold onto sanity and morality by not looking at the situation so bleakly, but you would be wrong.

And I didnt want to vote for Bush, I thought he had the intelligene of my dog. BUT he was a better alternative then Kerry. Understanding the futility of the situation, I threw my vote away for Bush because those were the only two people who had any chance at victory.

NAFTA really made me regret ever voting for the monkey but WTF, what can I expect. I knew he was disgrace as a President. WTF CAN I DO? Nothing.

Im not looking forward to the next president either. The country is screwed.

Im better off moving to another country. They probably could use my knowledge and services more then this country, realistically I would be doing more good in another country. The US might be my favorite country but their degredation of the Constitution and civil rights over the last 100 years has been almost unforgiveable.

Where did all the type of people that founded this country go? Am I the only one left? Its a shame. It drives me sort of mad thinking what we could have been, compared to what we are.

[edit on 9-1-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hopefully someday your view's of this country you so openly insult will change one day. It's one thing however to complain about one thing, it's another to take an acitve role and by active I don't mean complain. I'm also sorry you feel the way you do about voting, if more people thought like you then there wouldn't be a need to vote. Everyone would think it's worthless and we would have a dictatorship. Hopefully you don't convince anyone else that voting is worthless.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Hopefully someday your view's of this country you so openly insult will change one day. It's one thing however to complain about one thing, it's another to take an acitve role and by active I don't mean complain. I'm also sorry you feel the way you do about voting, if more people thought like you then there wouldn't be a need to vote. Everyone would think it's worthless and we would have a dictatorship. Hopefully you don't convince anyone else that voting is worthless.

Voting is worthless when I could only vote for Bush or Kerry.

If I was 35 I would run for President, but im not.

I doubt a person with the same ideals as me will be running in 2008. So again, please explain to me the point.

[edit on 9-1-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Remember kids. Voting is useless. Take these words of wisdom and use them wisely. Only then can you truly make a difference sitting on your butt's complaining about the system and not voting because it's useless to vote!

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Remember kids. Voting is useless. Take these words of wisdom and use them wisely. Only then can you truly make a difference sitting on your butt's complaining about the system and not voting because it's useless to vote!

I think you meant to say voting is better then not voting, but still futile if you have any degree of intelligence.

[edit on 10-1-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
You do realize that you basicly said yet again, voting is useless. I'm very thankfull not everyone think's like you. No on would vote. No one would follow politics. No one would even bother becoming politician's and getting into a position where they can make a difference. Let's try getting out of the woe is me train of thought and try doing something that will make a difference.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You do realize that you basicly said yet again, voting is useless. I'm very thankfull not everyone think's like you. No on would vote. No one would follow politics. No one would even bother becoming politician's and getting into a position where they can make a difference. Let's try getting out of the woe is me train of thought and try doing something that will make a difference.

If there are only a few people who have any chance of winning and those people dont share your ideals, then yes voting is useless. I might make a point voting for the underdog who isnt going to win, but I am intelligent enough to recognize the futility of the situation.

I could run for Senate or the House of respresentatives at either the State or Federal level, but that is no guarantee for redemption.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplementOfWar
In case you forgot, there were two planes that hit the WTC buildings. If the citizens were a militia, the second plane would of never been able to initiate a divebomb on the city, it would of been destroyed.

Then we have ourselves a cowboy world on all of our planes. Imagine some guy decided to shoot somebody because he or she was staring at him too long and he felt threatened. Not everybody is qualified to be a militia member.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

In case you forgot, there were two planes that hit the WTC buildings. If the citizens were a militia, the second plane would of never been able to initiate a divebomb on the city, it would of been destroyed.

Then we have ourselves a cowboy world on all of our planes. Imagine some guy decided to shoot somebody because he or she was staring at him too long and he felt threatened. Not everybody is qualified to be a militia member.

Currently there is nothing stopping people from shooting each other. How would it be any different if the security was in the hands of the militia?

Whats your point?

In case you forgot firearms are legal.

"those willing to give up a little temporary freedom for a little temporary security deserve neither freedom nor security -benjamin franklin"

I dont think anyone can prove that the atmosphere would be any more volatile if the 2nd Amendment was upheld. There would be private arms control that would keep heavy weaponry out of the majority's hands, because most companies would refuse to sell heavy weaponry. The same that the majority of the populace doesnt know how to build a rocket or an artillery piece.

It is obvious the United States Military does not currently take a role in protecting our constitutionally granted freedoms. I see the seriousness in the disarmament in the militia. I feel we are open to exploitation.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Whats your point?

Of course it is legal. But you mentioned the American people should have guns on planes that could somehow change the events on 9/11. How about in hospitals and schools? You support such policy?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Whats your point?

Of course it is legal. But you mentioned the American people should have guns on planes that could somehow change the events on 9/11. How about in hospitals and schools? You support such policy?

Wrong, I said they should have had anti aircraft weaponry to shoot the plane down before it divebombed one of the worlds largest cities and killed thousands of people.

I think your oblivious that the Constitution guarantees the citizens the right to own implements of war which includes rockets, missiles, machine guns, explosives, biological weapons, chemical weapons, and atomic weapons.

Crazy right? But necessary.

You should read this post from start to finish. Organizing our military power into a standing army was exactly the opposite of what the founding fathers had wanted. The centralization of power was to them, the greatest threat to freedom.

We see evidence of that today. We have been largely disarmed, and our rights are degraded.

But most poeple live in Alice in Wonderland and dont necessarily see the reality in keeping a check and balance for your personal liberty. Reality dictates that the only way you can guarantee freedom is by the force of arms.

Thats history and thats the truth. Im sorry god (or whatever you beleive in) has given us this reality, im sorry if it is too extreme for you, but unfortunatly it is the truth.

"Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms. -- Andrew Ford"

"When firearms go, all goes - we need them every hour. -- George Washington."

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Wrong, I said they should have had anti aircraft weaponry to shoot the plane down before it divebombed one of the worlds largest cities and killed thousands of people.

I think your oblivious that the Constitution guarantees the citizens the right to own implements of war which includes rockets, missiles, machine guns, explosives, biological weapons, chemical weapons, and atomic weapons.

My mistake. But in anycase what you are presenting is even worse than my assumption than that you wanted arms in planes. Civilians as militia with artillery, tanks, not to mention WMDs, etc. is in my view a nightmare. Should remember that our Founding Fathers were from the 18th century and did not have a clear view of what weapons are being developed and produce in the 20th and 21st century. They probably would not support the idea of American citizens as militias packing heat enough to invade small countries.

Not to mention that "we are largely have been disarmed" is pretty much untrue. You be suprise how many weapons Americans are carrying per person.

[edit on 10-1-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   

My mistake. But in anycase what you are presenting is even worse than my assumption than that you wanted arms in planes. Civilians as militia with artillery, tanks, not to mention WMDs, etc. is in my view a nightmare. Should remember that our Founding Fathers were from the 18th century and did not have a clear view of what weapons are being developed and produce in the 20th and 21st century. They probably would not support the idea of American citizens as militias packing heat enough to invade small countries.

Your post reaffirms my point. US citizens are totally out of touch with the intent of the Constitution.

"The power of the sword, say the minority of Pennsylvania, is in the hands of Congress. My friends and countrymen, it is not so, for the powers of the sword are in the hands of the yeomanry of America from sixteen to sixty. The militia of these free commonwealths, entitled and accustomed to their arms, when compared with any possible army, must be tremendous and irresistible. Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...[T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it ever will remain, in the hands of the people. -- Tench Coxe in the Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20,"

They lived in a time hundreds of thousands of people died in war and disease. They charged people with bayonets, were blown apart by close range cannons, and took to wars on the seas in wooden boats.

They were most definatly aware of mass destruction and death.

While it is the right for each individual to own any weapon they please, the militia as a whole is not a ragtag army, they would be comparable to today's Military but on a much larger and extended role.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I have been trying to find info on militias in Missouri. So far I am unable to find any websites. All I get from google are sites no longer in service, or articles bashing them. Have they all been disbanded? If so, this is very alarming in my opinion. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cale, Logan
I have been trying to find info on militias in Missouri. So far I am unable to find any websites. All I get from google are sites no longer in service, or articles bashing them. Have they all been disbanded? If so, this is very alarming in my opinion. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Missouri Militia Directory (most likely outdated)

The only militia directory I beleive I have ever seen. All the one's in missouri are inactive or dont have websites.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by ImplementOfWar]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join