It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab trained terrorists in Gaza? No!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It really amazes me that people can't understand how, regardless od any olive branch offered by Israel, their neighbors want nothing but their destruction.

As the old saying goes, no good deed goes unpunished, and this is what handing over the Gaza strip got Israel, nothing more but more attacks, and a closer enemy.

www.haaretz.com...

Weapons experts in Palestinian terror groups who have undergone training in Lebanon, Syria and possibly Iran have recently infiltrated the Gaza Strip, a senior security official said on Sunday.

The official said that after Israel pulled out of Gaza, several Palestinians who had attended training camps run by Iranians and Hezbollah members entered the Strip, apparently from Sinai.

[edit on 9-1-2006 by Regulator]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The Palestinians must realize that as a sovereign nation they will be held responsible as a nation for any attacks upon it's neighbor Israel; regardless of who actually perpetrates the attacks from within her borders. Said consequences might just include a good old fashioned butt whipping ala the Six Day War, responsibility will just be one of many burdens upon the new Palestinian state.

I would suggest looking to the French for ques on how to handle any such "consequences."

Dismissed.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
The Palestinians must realize that as a sovereign nation they will be held responsible as a nation for any attacks upon it's neighbor Israel; regardless of who actually perpetrates the attacks from within her borders. Said consequences might just include a good old fashioned butt whipping ala the Six Day War, responsibility will just be one of many burdens upon the new Palestinian state.

Maybe yes when they have a soverign state, but thats far from what they have at the moment. They have a slither of land called the Gaza strip which the PA can't maintain control of. Its HAMAS's land. History show you can't have non continuous state (i.e. Pakistan and Bangladesh) and it is my opinion that Abbas will write off the Gaza strip to maintian control of the larger West bank.

Eventually Palestinian attacks will reach a level of sophistication where the Israelis come in and level everything in the Gaza strip. I remember a quote from an Israeli General after one attack saying something about "we would have gone into the strip and shot anyone with a gun". (The attack in question was an attack where thousands of tonnes of Gas could have been released)

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by enslaved83

Maybe yes when they have a soverign state, but thats far from what they have at the moment.

The security-related lawlessness in the territories, especially in the GazaStrip, has in the last few days reached unprecedented peaks.

It includes

• the abduction of foreigners by armed gangs
  • a sort of revolt of police officers in Rafah
  • a wild takeover of the Rafah border crossing and the breach of the wall at that border with Egypt (the only connection between Gaza and the outside world) and the killing of two Egyptian police officers and hurting of dozens on the Gaza border.

external image
    A Palestinian boy, wearing a top with the color of the Palestinian flag, stands among others next to a concreate wall, after it was broken down by a bulldozer, in the border between the Gaza Strip and Egypt in the town of Rafah Wednesday Jan. 4, 2006. Palestinian militants, angry at the jailing of their leader by the Palestinian police, stole two bulldozers Wednesday and rammed through a wall near the border with Egypt, hours after they blocked the official border crossing and took over government buildings. (AP Photo/Khalil Hamra) (source)

• the blow up of the U.N. club in Gaza City
  • a slew of other violent incidents and gun battles between rival gangs.

Brita in already advised its citizens on Friday to leave the GazaStrip unless they have round-the-clock professional bodyguards because of worsening violence in the territory.

Parliamentary elections are set for Jan. 25, but there have been calls for a delay because of disorder and chaos, especially in the Gaza Strip.

The Fatah movement is undergoing a serious crisis; Hamas is expected to be bolstered in the elections. Fatah activists will search for excuses to cancel the elections. Anarchy in the territories is a good excuse.

Fatah offshoots are threatening to start killing people to stop the Palestinian elections from happening.

Hamas are threatening to start killing people to make sure that the Palestinian elections happen.

PA chairman Mahmoud Abbas is seriously considering to resign if Hamas wins the Legislative elections, because a a Hamas victory in the upcoming elections would signal an expression of no-confidence in his policies.

After Israel pulled out of Gaza, several Palestinians who had attended training camps run by Iranians and Hezbollah members entered the Strip, apparently from Sinai. At least 45 Hamas and Fatah fugitives have returned to the Gaza Strip through the Rafah terminal since it was handed over to the Palestinian Authority four months ago. A lot of those people have actually been high-ranking Hamas terrorists

• posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 03:42 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
    The Palestinians must realize that as a sovereign nation

*clicks heels, responds to salute*

There is no soverign nation of palestine.

Riwka, is there a lot of 'told ya so' going on in israel right now?

[edit on 9-1-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:38 PM
    link   
    It is clear, Regulator, that there will be no participation by those who might disagree.
    I can understand why as there is no way to rationalize around what you have said.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 03:43 AM
    link   
    I wonder by handing over Gaza are the Israelis making a decision to A) give the gaza strip up cos its more trouble than its worth or B) knowing that it will become a terrorist hotbed wait until Israel has the international support before retaking it for keeps with maximum force kicking the s**t out of everyone there.

Either way the poor normal palestinians loose.

The only way the Palestinians can win is if Abbas retakes control by disarming the militas and showing some form of leadership rather than concession after concession to the differing violent factions within the Palestinian political system. Fat chance of that.

In some ways I think if Hamas wins the Palestinains would be in a better position than thay are now. Hamas carries out a lot of relief work and is a lot more efficient and less corrupt than the PA. At the same time their top leadership are hardcore terrorists hell bent on war with Israel, war which they can never hope to win. My opinion is therefore that Hamas will win and in a few years time there may be no such thing as palestinians......

To quote Metalica "sad but true"

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 05:52 AM
    link   

Weapons smuggling into Gaza rising

"The amount of weapons and explosives smuggled into the Gaza Strip from Egypt has grown drastically, by more than 300 percent," Diskin told the committee, which convened in his Tel Aviv office.

Shin Bet Chief Yuval Diskin (Photo: Ariel Jerozolimski)

"If before the disengagement they smuggled in 200 to 300 rifles a month, they are now smuggling in close to 3,000."

"The Egyptians are not acting like the Jordanians, who prevent weapons from being smuggled across the border. They sometimes stop the smuggling and sometimes don't, but in reality their behavior has drastically increased the amount of weapons smuggled into Gaza."

Egypt now threatens to withdraw its support for Abbas and the Palestinian Authority if the PA will not act to control the rampant anarchy in the Gaza Strip. (source)

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:19 AM
    link   
    shooting kids is considered an olive branch in Israel these days?
    Gaza is the biggest concentration camp in the world, no wonder its residents are frustrated beyond belief.

PS: Europeans and Americans just love jews dont they, but only if they are in Israel, how very hypocritical of them dont you think.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:25 AM
    link   

Originally posted by enslaved83
    A) give the gaza strip up cos its more trouble than its worth or B) knowing that it will become a terrorist hotbed wait until Israel has the international support before retaking it for keeps with maximum force kicking the s**t out of everyone there.

That doesn't make sense, they already occupied it, now they've withdrawn. You're saying they did that so that they can enter again, why bother? They don't need to be able to say 'we told ya so' to occupy the place.

Either way the poor normal palestinians loose.

And notice that they loose because of their actions.

The only way the Palestinians can win is if Abbas retakes control by disarming the militas and showing some form of leadership rather than concession after concession to the differing violent factions within the Palestinian political system. Fat chance of that.

In some ways I think if Hamas wins the Palestinains would be in a better position than thay are now.

With abbas out and hamas in the palestinians are screwed. They'll be run by a radical organization that has no interest in improving the lot of the palestinians and is rather only intersted in continuing a terror war with israel, which they will never win. They'll be in a perpetual state of occupation and continue to be in a limbo like status internationally, since no one if going to recognize Hamas as a legit government. In that situation, there will be less international pressure on the yehudis to do anything, and thus they will revert to the older more 'brutal' methods of suppressing the palestinians.

Hamas carries out a lot of relief work and is a lot more efficient and less corrupt than the PA.

They're also an organization that murders children and civilians because they are jews.

To quote Metalica "sad but true"

Why is this sad? Why should there be any palestinains? Unless you are saying that they will be exterminated, which simply isn't going to happen.

nukunuku
    Gaza is the biggest concentration camp in the world, no wonder its residents are frustrated beyond belief.

Thats flatly absurd. They can move in and out of it at will, just not into israel without going through israeli procedures. The palestinains are the ones running the place, and they're clearly not trying to exterminate their people.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:46 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Hamas carries out a lot of relief work and is a lot more efficient and less corrupt than the PA.

They're also an organization that murders children and civilians because they are jews.

Hamas's most prominent leader in Gaza and the West Bank, Mahmoud Zahar, said Wednesday that his faction would still refuse to recognize Israel or disarm even if it won in the Palestinian elections this month.

Uncompromising message: Hamas will not honor agreements between Israel and the Palestinian Authority should the Islamic group win the upcoming elections, Hamas leader Mahmoud Zahar told the New York Times.

Hamas: We won't honor past agreements

Should a victorious Hamas seek to join the Palestinian government after the elections, there would be no room for any dialogue with Israel as long as Hamas remained a terror organization.

Fortunately, the U.S. agees to this.

U.S. Secretary of State Rice said

"It remains the view of the United States that there should be no place in the political process for groups or individuals who refuse to renounce terror and violence, recognize Israel's right to exist, and disarm....To participate in a peace process of Israelis and Palestinians, the Palestinian partner must at least accept Israel's right to exist. To implement agreements on movement and access for the Palestinian territories, the Palestinian partner must be committed to preventing violence."

U.S. Department of State

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:07 AM
    link   
    so hamaz kills jewish children, but israeli troops kill 10 year old terrorists

well isnt that special...

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:29 AM
    link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
    so hamaz kills jewish children,

They target civilians.

but israeli troops kill 10 year old terrorists

A 10 year old terrorist is still a terrorist, not a civilian. Blame the freak who gave the kid a weapon.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:02 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
    so hamaz kills jewish children,

They target civilians.

and Israeli troops dont target civilians????

A 10 year old terrorist is still a terrorist, not a civilian. Blame the freak who gave the kid a weapon.

oh you mean STIX & STONES ???

and please dont post a picture of a little palestinian with a rifle, i am more than aware of those, however, majority of kids killed by Israeli troops have rocks in their hands, not bombs

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:54 PM
    link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
    and Israeli troops dont target civilians?

I've never heard of them targeting civilians, no. When was the last time they fired missiles into a civilian complex without suspecting that it was militants? Militants aren't civilians. If the yehudis followed hamas's standards, then the palestinians would know what genocide was all about.

oh you mean STIX & STONES ???

If there is a mass of people hurtling stones at soldiers, which can and will kill peoplel and the soldiers fire into the crowd, so be it.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 11:11 PM
    link   
    Nygdan:
    I believe your problem is that you see the Palestinians not as people but as terrorists, have you ever thought to yourself why are they frustrated enough to fight with sticks and stones or just blow themselves up? Why even Palestinian children are involved? Can you imagine the pain it causes you when your home is destroyed and you family killed and nothing is left but to face armed soldiers with no real weapons?

Do you even listen to yourself?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 11:33 PM
    link   
    I think you miss the point here:

Security conditions in Gaza have rapidly deteriorated in the wake of Israels withdrawal. The PA does not function as a government, democratic or otherwise, in Gaza.

As already written above, last week, 200 Palestinian policemen stormed government offices in Rafah, located on the border between Gaza and Egypt, smashing windows in the Interior Ministry building there. The police said they rioted to protest the failure of Mr. Abbas's PA to fight growing lawlessness.

In Gaza today, more than 1 million Palestinians are "governed" by terrorist groups and criminals. It is delusional to believe that the Palestinian elections scheduled for Jan. 25 will improve things anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:44 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Riwka
    I think you miss the point here:

Security conditions in Gaza have rapidly deteriorated in the wake of Israels withdrawal. The PA does not function as a government, democratic or otherwise, in Gaza.

As already written above, last week, 200 Palestinian policemen stormed government offices in Rafah, located on the border between Gaza and Egypt, smashing windows in the Interior Ministry building there. The police said they rioted to protest the failure of Mr. Abbas's PA to fight growing lawlessness.

In Gaza today, more than 1 million Palestinians are "governed" by terrorist groups and criminals. It is delusional to believe that the Palestinian elections scheduled for Jan. 25 will improve things anytime soon.

Well, I'm always open to hear better solutions... It's not like we're all here living to kill or something, we just want peace.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:00 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Doku

Well, I'm always open to hear better solutions... It's not like we're all here living to kill or something, we just want peace.

??

As far as I can see , You wrote your location is "Bahrain".
    This is far away from GazaStrip and the Palestinians.

I do not understand whom you mean when you say "....we are all here living..... " is it something in regard to the topic " Arab trained terrorists in Gaza? No!"

[edit on 14-1-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:05 AM
    link   
    Excuse my silly mistake, I never meant that I was in Gaza, I was speaking of the Arabs in general since most people looks at us as one race.

<<   2 >>

join