It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is time?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
so, about two years ago i had a dream. i had been practicing lucid dreaming and was becoming o.k. at it. this dream was not a lucid dream, but this is some background info. (i was dreaming very clearly and frequently at this time).

what happened is:
i was given a knowledge, from a disembodied source... not to say that it was a voice, in particular, but two friends of mine, who were there, both could confer as to the directions given.
the source "told" us that we were to go to this particular cave, in a small cliff over-looking the ocean, and while there, we were to say three words. (we each were to say one; and there must be three of us involved, in order for this to work). the words that we were to say were in latin, i believe. I do not speak Latin, but i was sure that it was. i can't remember all three words... unfortunately, but i remember the word that i was to say: "de nom". i felt that this was the latin terminology for "name" or "of name", or something. another was the term for mountain, i think: (de monte) or something like that. the third world i can't remember at all.

now to the event:
we said these words and began falling (through the ground!) we were not falling as though we were being pulled by gravity, though. we began accelerated falling which soon reached a steady speed and we gently descended to the beach below.

we know that (from the source whom taught us) that upon doing this, time would stop.
Now, this was the beginning of a knowledge journey for me. i thought that there would be no movement (aside from ours), but i soon realized that i was wrong about this concept of time. there was still moevement, but we were no longer affected by time... that is, we no longer were subject to physical aging.

my two friends ran off as soon as we "landed" on the beach, so i do not know what they were upto, but my experiences on the beach were a constant revelation/realization about the nature of time.

until recently (although i had dismissed it for sometime, after a period of intense wonderment), i had somewhat forgotten the experience, when i read a bit of text in regards to EBE's. i read one thing that said that they were not subject to the affects of time, but they, rather, utilized time in a different way...

who knows or has any idea or information about this kind of transcendence? i was struck by what i read about the EBE's (which was an article that was somewhat provided me "at random"). i have searched this forum, though i haven't found any post quite like this. i am somewhat new to this forum, as i just registered recently, but i have been a visitor for some time. any ideas about time? or anything related?

added later (upon title edit): turns out that the EBE's do age, but they are affected by time and use it differently.
from serpo.org: "[travelling] around time and from time"

thanks!

[edit on 1/9/2006 by onlyOne]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
has anyone ever heard of this with EBE's? or know latin enough to translate "de nom"?

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyOne
or know latin enough to translate "de nom"?

My latin is a bit fuzzy, but consulting my latin dictionary you've got me confused. "De" is "from", or "down/away from", that's the easy part. "Nomen" is name, but I don't think there is any form of that which would just be "nom". Unless it is from the latin vulgate(I think that's the correct term) or spoken latin. Spoken latin was kind of like a shortened, easier form of latin, fewer word endings etc. So my guess is it translates, "from the name".

Vas

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
thank you, vasilis azoth.
after two years, i am 99.99% certain that the term was "de nom", but "de nomen" is not terribly far off. i have one other question, concerning your insight, and i ask your help, because you have taken some latin, at least. that is: does "name" equal "word"?
i mean: is it possible that "from the name" has any equivalence to "from the word"?

**or... now after reading your post again: "away from the name" illuminates many connections in my mind. tathagata did point "beyond" the name.**

thanks again!

how about time transcendence?? i have only read one, very small account of a similar actuality in the texts and such provided by serpo.org. otherwise, i have never heard of anything resembling these two accounts of time.

?!?!?!?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If you mean the part of time not being something that is neccisarily passed but experienced in some sort of trans-planear exsistence?.The fact that most of humanity experience time in a one way fasion does not mean that it is so.Many "Prophets"just go through periods of what people call time transcendence.One of the paths of theory on this is that.Life and all that we are is contained within strands of energy and information.The human brain utilizes our body to process the information and uses our senses to detect it.Without much mind and personal training the brain and "soul" are still able to pick up on many things wich results in deja vu visions ect..Deja
vu,when tied to the time thing is caused by visions and insight into the future for time does not exsit.We look at exsistence as being limited due to the fact that we believe in what we see.Pertaining to our personal thoughts and feelings that make up the supposed soul,we have no understanding of exsistence after our physical forms die.
One thing I know is that the less you hold to time the less it holds to you.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
One thing I know is that the less you hold to time the less it holds to you.

amazing!

any idea what is meant by "[travelling] around time and from time"?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
See the more you focus on anything with your eyes lets say.The more it comes clear.This is hard for me to explain.

Have you ever felt like youve come to,thinking what the?What day is it.
Was anything even a little detail in the world around you changed?

Ever feel like summers were longer?
Days go by.Hours last for days.

How about this do you ever have thought of things you feel youve done yet havent.I dunno what they say the percentage of the brain we use but i think its profoundly low.Even our atoms blink in and out of exsitence supposedly anyhow.

I have seen my future have since i was about six.Im only twentyfour and i have been to hundreds of different worlds remember that its all in your head.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
that's great, toraylin. thank you.

re-realization:
there can't be any where but "here".
wherever that is, that's where It's at.
but who digs It?

realization of "realizations" and revelation revealed:
all realizations are personal (read: egoic) and relative.
truth is empty.
realization is the making something, of nothing.
revelation is revelation of nothing, to no one... as everything.

now, i'm ranting and am, nonetheless, still interested in discussing "time" further, but i wonder if there is anything more that can be added... to discuss this scientifically seems exceedingly trivial. any agreements or disagreements?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
time is movement,

even if all things stood still, atoms move along rapidly, when everything stands still, like at -273°C they claimed, time does not exist anymore on our planet, but still exists in the universe, our planet being at -273°C doesn't interfere with others or does it? anyhow, how WOULD our planet become like that... ?

time is movement, or time just is. Everything is time. Can't go back, can't go forward, with forward going further than time is. It's like we are locked in time.

The mind is timeless. As to when one becomes the mind, he is timeless and sees all??? now that's "putting the weight of the world upon your shoulders". I'd try not to look. But I guess that won't happen. Seeing devastated people, or very sad people or very angry people isn't a funny look then when completely being timeless, on the other hand, when not duplicating those feelings, it should be no problem.

how to travel in time, it might only be possible in the mind, for mind is timeless so all times. These are some very strong truths in my opinion.

That's why I don't like clocks and watches, let's say it's 13:54 again, hm, makes me think of that time when it was yesterday... and it copies the feeling of that yesterday or the day you've been thinking about.

CLOCKS SUCK! except when you are timeless in time.

And be on time, how can anyone be not on time.. prrfffff just some frustration. and probably depends on how you look at it.

AA

and about the -273°C time not existing anymore, is like death, everything is death then, in our third dimension at least. popped up after rereading. any thoughts?

[edit on 9-1-2006 by alienaddicted]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
surely the ability to travel at super-luminal speeds renders time much differently than we currently understand it... physically. i think that this is what is meant by "[travelling] around time", but as to travelling "from time", i can only guess that it is some form of mental disposition; such that one is ever-disposed to the here and now.

to say that we are "stuck in time" is odd to me. considering that time=space, that is like saying that we are stuck in space. but, my sense of self is not "in space" at all; i am not confined to spaciality or temporality... strictly speaking. ego, i agree, is bound by time-space, but "what 'I' am" is not bound to time-space. this i know directly. in my experience, time and space issue forth from this mind, so the idea that 'I' am bound to them, is quite absurd.

so what i am concerned with now, is the physics of time-space bending. after all, if one is able to travel "around time" then one is, simultaneously, travelling "around space". this is far out contemplation; the idea that one can travel "around" space, means that one is not travelling "in" space, at that moment... right?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
EVERYTHING IS TIME , HAAAAHAHAHAA!!! O YA! HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAAAAAHAAH

this is great,

na ye, and we are 'time', and everything is 'time' as you like to call it something offcourse, hahah, offcourse timetravel should be a possibility, 'trhough' the third dimension, even not leaving a material vehicle of space unavailable of transporting to other spots through 'time' or 'the now' as you may call it, or space.with the earth also as space but in a form of matter. *more earthquakes to come in the next month or so I guess. we'll see, this was one for on the prediction side of this site. remeber !

so yeah, now what, well, this about it, I hope it helped. c u laters

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
(reading post)
Hmmm interesting......
(reading more)
What?....Ughhh(head hurts)
(scroll down)
Uhh ohhh.
(eyes blur)
Not again......
guys u there?
(reality starts to fade out of sight)
Here i go again....
(start to leave time and space)
RINGGG RINNGGG...
(snaps back)
Wha...oh the phone...

hehehe....lol

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   

so, about two years ago i had a dream. i had been practicing lucid dreaming and was becoming o.k. at it. this dream was not a lucid dream, but this is some background info. (i was dreaming very clearly and frequently at this time).

what happened is:
i was given a knowledge, from a disembodied source... not to say that it was a voice, in particular, but two friends of mine, who were there, both could confer as to the directions given.

what is time? well look on your watch... see the little numbers in a cirlce? they are used to tell time. time is what you should have spent learning what time is in grade 1.

mod edit: shortened quote

[edit on 10-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
been there too toraylin, not quite bad, just keep it together

heheheheh look what fell now hmmmmmmm hihih

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Time to go

Be on time

Don't waste time

We're making good time

Time flies...

Where did the time go?

Do you have the time

Keep it in time

TIMES UP!

There is a man by the name of Jamon LiGori. I have studied his writings for many moons, as a matter of fact I have him quoted in my signature.

I met him one time in Germany and we were talking and he said to me:

A measurement of time is nothing more or nothing less than we choose to make it. - Jamon LiGori

- One Man Short ®

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
You know what my friend you shouldnt talk so negatively...
And as far as grade one is concerned.Can you tell me how time was thought up or what it stands for in regards to the zodiac signs or why we have b.c and a.d. Why do you age?.What kind of effect does it really have on the mind in regards to how we age.

Now I dont like it when people are so crudely non understanding of others and their thoughts.People who are bomberded with the fact that they are wrong are usually being the victim of anothers misunderstanding themselves.
You want to take a shot at me?I guarentee you you wont get far.

I say play nice or burn in the pain and suffering that you may have done with all the anger you put out and others spirits you cripple with your misunderstanding.Of course i mean the personal hell of asking yourself near the end of life what was it about.When you should mabey listen and reflect upon what you think time is.

[edit on 9-1-2006 by toraylin]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'd say,

a . _there

thanks toray.. hang in there you $buddy

not that he bit too hard

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well no problem...Although I could have been a little more understanding..
This place is not to tell people what you think in that way.If he were to decently have explained his thoughts and why he thinks that way I would have givin my insight.Instead we got this thing that could start into a fight.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
rrrrr with a deep slimey -because of smoking- gorgle sound

gnif gnif almost sneeky laughy

AA

I do have back problems.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

thank you, vasilis azoth.
after two years, i am 99.99% certain that the term was "de nom", but "de nomen" is not terribly far off. i have one other question, concerning your insight, and i ask your help, because you have taken some latin, at least. that is: does "name" equal "word"?
i mean: is it possible that "from the name" has any equivalence to "from the word"?

**or... now after reading your post again: "away from the name" illuminates many connections in my mind. tathagata did point "beyond" the name.**

Yes actually, although my dictionary doesn't give "word" as a translation for nomen, when I look up the english "word" it DOES give "nomen" as a translation. Good call, I would have missed that.

Vas

top topics

<<   2 >>

join