It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Shark Death and Amity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I have long learned to keep away from anything with the name "amity" in it. First there was Amityville Horror and then the twonship of "Amity" which featured in the Jaws movies. I don't know whether the "amity" in the Jaws movies was a ficticious name made up just for the Jaws I Jaws II and Jaws III and wasn't there a Jaws iIV and I certainly didn't know that there was any Amity in Australia until yesterday. What a sad co incidence...

www.abc.net.au...

Sarah Kate Whiley, 21, died after being attacked by several sharks while she was swimming at Amity Point.
Acting Queensland Premier Anna Bligh says the State Government will keep an open mind about possible ways to better protect swimmers from sharks.
Ms Bligh has ordered a report into the state's shark safety program.
The local mayor has supported calls for a shark enclosure to be built and for more warning signs at beaches.
Ms Bligh says she will work with the local council to consider the options.[/url]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Jesus, what a way to go......getting torn apart by a pack of flesh eating monsters in full view of your family on the beach.

I guess anything with the word "Amityville" attached is not a good place to hang out. We live in Southern California and during the summer my family and I ride the waves at Zuma Beach with boogy-boards...its just north of Malibu. When you step in that ocean....your part of the food chain, but the fun is worth the risk.

You know, we see alot of dolphins swim by and I always felt safer when their close.

Maximu§

D

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
An awful way to go. It was on a church outing as well. Never have seen that coming.

new topics

join