It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground base near Joliet, Illinois?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Have any of you heard of the building of an underground base near Joliet, Illinois? My Dad told me recently that he heard from some of the guys he works with that an underground base is being built. I also remember hearing about the building of an underground complex a few years ago when i was visiting there, i don't remember from who i heard it from, but i heard they (not sure who) were building an underground complex to protect people from an astroid impact.
I haven't been able to find any more information about it, it would make sense that someone would build one in the area because alot of the rock is limestone.
Tell me what you think, or if you heard of something being built there, and would it be a coincidence that it's in the area of the Tinley Park UFO sightings?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Well I live in Addison Illinois, about 25 miles from Joliet. I havent heard anything yet of an underground base being built there. What is your source of this information? Also Joiliet isnt as close as your saying to Tinley Park. Its about a 1/2 hour drive. I know people that live in & near Tinley & have said nothing about UFO sightings. Im just curious to what your source is.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
im very curious to where this base is supposed to be. Since I dont live too far i'd take a trip to go check it out. Joliet is a mini city so theres alot of places a base could be in Joliet & especially surrounding Joliet. So let me know some specific info.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Let me put it this way:
There is underground facilities ALL OVER the place, you only have to find them and thats the key.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm trying to figure out if this is just a rumor, which it appears to be. My dad told me about it, he heard it from some guys at his work (firefighters). He just said he heard there was an underground military base being built near Joliet. I also heard from my uncle about 2 or 3 years ago that there was a large underground complex that someone wanted to build to protect people from an asteroid impact, and i have no idea who that someone is.
oh, i did not realize Tinley Park was that far from Joliet, I've been to Joliet, was born there actually, but not to Tinley Park. looks close on the map, of course.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Wow, my first post here though I have been lurking for awhile now, but when I saw this thread I had to post.

I live in Oak Forest, Il, and I went to Tinley Park H.S. and my oldest daughter goes there now. I have not heard anything about any underground bases being built in Joilet, nor have I seen the Tinley Park UFO's and I have been looking.

I know that there is an Army Training area in Joilet as I went there when I was in the Army Reserve and it is a big area and out of the way. That would be my first guess as to where they could build this. I haven't been there in about 10 years so my memory of its location is hazy but it was south of I-80.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yay for you for your first post

I have looked at the Joliet area on Google Earth, and there seems to be nothing but the Chicagoland speedway and some quaries south of the city. I haven't found anything military looking.

I have some pictures from Google Earth of the area the first picture is an overview of the area south of Joliet:

The second is a close up of the building of an airport, looks to be municipal but i can't tell for sure:

[IMG]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3691/airportconstruction3wu.th.jpg[/I MG]

And the thrid looks to be the Army Training site, again, i can't tell for sure:

These pictures were taken around 2002. I'm going to look closer at the area around the airport and the army training site, i'll post anything i find.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I would look around the army training site, there isn't alot in the area, some 100 ft rappelling walls, mostly tank trails and field ops stuff. We used the area for our lanes training, which is convoy movements and we had an opfor, you can see flares in the area alot when games are going on.

For the most part the area is flat and wooded. lots of dirt trails.
Thanks for the thumbs up.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This is the first Ive heard of it. I have however been looking into the Tinley Park Illinois UFO flap. Maybe there is a connection, or maybe some disinformation. Who knows?

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
This is the first Ive heard of it. I have however been looking into the Tinley Park Illinois UFO flap. Maybe there is a connection, or maybe some disinformation. Who knows?

Do you have any info on that UFO? I would be very interested in learning more about it.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Joliet only has a municiple airport that has to redirect to other small airports such as Peoria and Davenport, with occasional routes to Chicago.

Being in the vacinity I would probably have heard or have been aware of something. I'd be more concerned about what's going on in the Whiteside County area where they have a lot of nothing.

Whiteside County also has some kind of flight field in it, think that's also municiple, anything going on anywhere here in the midwest is going on underground, but I could tell you now they couldn't possibly make it secret in Joliet or anywhere in a 350 mile radius of Chicago or Des Moines for the sole reason someone is bound to see them digging holes in the corn fields.

Check for underground locations at Scott Air Force Base, that's probably where an underground base would be in the midwest that is plausable, it's just east of St. Louis.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by scarecrow19d
[
Do you have any info on that UFO? I would be very interested in learning more about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a thread I started about the Tinley Park UFO sightings.

NUFORC has a good collection of the reports.

www.nuforc.org...

www.nuforc.org...

new topics

top topics

join