It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ready for Nuclear War???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
By what I'm reading and hearing in the news,it sounds like their will be some sort of nuclear conflict within the next 2 to 5 years. And it could be a direct conflict between the U.S. and Russia/China/Iran or North Korea.What I would like to know is this.........
Who is ready??
Where is a safe place to go if it occurs???
Is there a safe place to go if it occurs???
What will you do???
Are you prepared???
Looking forward to hear from your replies

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
its impossible to be "ready" for nuclear attacks. but i dont thinks any leader of this country could possibly be stupid enough to start or respond to nuclear stuff. and for all you Bush haters out there, hes not that stupid either. so why worry about something like that. just sit back and

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If a true nuclear war breaks out like the big massive scary global death scenario.

I hope to be vaporized in the first strike.

I'll be sure to make a really cool shadow puppet right as I see the flash and just maybe it'll be scorched into the ground

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I think it will all stay in the mid-east. but if it doesn't, then as lysegic said, i would like to be vaporized immideatly.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Nukes, zombies, meteors.. Its really all the same survival scenario. Small pockets of humanity here and there (Myself being one of them. Still have a fully functional fallout shelter) would survive, and eventaully die out. But im ready for my life time.. 12 years worth of MRE's, a deep water well, purification pump, manal genrator, you name it.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I would like to think that I could exercise a little grace and style as my lady and I with a nice chardonay watch the mushroom clouds as we would a beautiful sunset from the patio.

Actually I would probably panic and soil my dockers, jump in the Honda and crash into a bridge embankment in an futile effort to excape.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Of course "I'm not ready for nuclear war". Who could possibly ever be ready for a nuclear exchange?

During the 80's, Reagan's terms in office, there was a very real "window of vulnerability" that existed between the United States and the Soviet Union. Many, including myself, really believed that a nuclear war was possible and even inevitable. During that period, I was, what many would consider, a survivalist. I had stockpiled food, water, medications, supplies and arms. However, even at that time, I did not consider myself "ready". Again, I ask, who could ever possibly be ready for a nuclear war? The answer is simple....no one!!

Consider the devastation that the Tsunami wrought. Consider the destruction that was left in the wake of the Hurricane Katrina. We were not ready for either. Of course, we could not predict the Tsunami but, when compared to a nuclear exchange, we probably wouldn't able to predict such an event when or if it should occur. But let's say that we knew a nuclear war was imminent....just like we knew that Katrina was heading for New Orleans. Could we ever possibly be ready for every contingency?

No. I'm not ready for a nuclear war. And I will never be ready for such a horrific event. All we can hope to do is prevent a nuclear exchange before it ever happens and to be as self reliant as we possibly can. Live each day as if it were our last because it just might be.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ARNOMANNN
By what I'm reading and hearing in the news,it sounds like their will be some sort of nuclear conflict within the next 2 to 5 years. And it could be a direct conflict between the U.S. and Russia/China/Iran or North Korea.What I would like to know is this.........
Who is ready??
Where is a safe place to go if it occurs???
Is there a safe place to go if it occurs???
What will you do???
Are you prepared???
Looking forward to hear from your replies

the next 2-5 yrs u say, maybe we should start making preparations like perhaps start digging a hole in your backyard. im sure by 2 yrs time it will be deep enough to be untouched by the radiation or blast.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
If you want to be the safest you could possibly be from a nuclear war, you should come chill out at my house. Seriously I probably live in the best place for a nuclear war. To my east theres mountains, and the only nuclear target would be fort drum in watertown, but any fallout would be filtered by the mountains. To my west the only target would be burlington. BUT burlinton is just far enough away so that none of the initial radiation, or the heat or shockwaves would touch me. And the prevailing easterlies would take any fallout away from my direction. so yeah, if you want to be the safest you can be come chill out here.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
If a nuculear war broke out then there isn't really much you can do, other then sit in the back garden with some sun glasses and a sausage on a stick j/k.

But i guess if you knew if a war was going to brake out then you could perhaps go to some remote place like alaska but then you'd have to try and survive in pretty harsh conditions anyway.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I've been reading articles in the news about how illegals and OTM's are entering this country with Pottasium Iodide or KI kits as they are otherwise called.Maybe the big bang will go down before christmas????

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Not really ready but I am fully prepared to relocate if one should break out. If you are talking about an all-out fullscale worldwide war then that is really the best you could hope for. Get a good cb or ham radio. A nice pistol wouldn't hurt either considering the looting that would probably be going on.
I don't think anyone is truely ready for a nuclear war.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'll just embrace the random

if my face splodes and melts okay I guess it'll be a bad day for me but I wont care cuz i'll be vapor

mmm sexy vapor.

oh and if I live?

I shall join the mutants on the surface and we shall hunt down all the nons.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
According to Alex Jones,There should be an attack (nuclear) very soon.He also says it won't matter If you are ready or not.We will all becomes slaves of the government when they impose Marshall law

new topics

top topics

join