It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati symbolysm in South Africa

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

network dude
reply to post by nancyliedersdeaddog

Reagan was made an honorary Scottish Rite member.

The Grand Master of D.C. presented President Reagan with a "Certificate of Honor," which said that President Reagan's life was a testament to his firm belief in brotherly love, relief, and truth, and his service to the public has broadened the applications of temperance, fortitude, prudence, and justice to the benefit of all mankind. This Certificate further said that in recognition of President Reagan's efforts to promote good will and understanding throughout the world, this certificate was issued to him by the Grand Master of D.C. on February 11, 1988. A complete copy of the Certificate is printed at page 67 of the 1988 D.C. Proceedings.

Link to source

He didn't have any special rights to anything, but he did get a nice plaque.

So the difference in an honorary Mason and making someone a masons on sight is that the honorary Mason doesn't have the same rights as a normal Mason? Would Freemasonry even make Mandela a member since his group took part in violence?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

A mason at sight has all the rights and benefits of a regular mason. A honorary member of a side order is just that.

If someone made Mandela a mason at sight, then that was their decision.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

network dude

A mason at sight has all the rights and benefits of a regular mason. A honorary member of a side order is just that.

If someone made Mandela a mason at sight, then that was their decision.

I get it now but I do have one more question. How does Freemasonry go about making a Mason on sight or giving them an honorary plaque? Does the whole lodge or just the governing board of that lodge vote on whether or not the person is worthy? Also if they do have a vote on the person's membership does it only take one black ball for the person to be denied?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

A Grand Master can make a Mason on sight if he so chooses. That person will then be a Mason, but will not belong to any Lodge.

To be admitted to a Lodge, the matter must go to ballot. Depending on the Lodge by-laws, normally, either one black ball or two black balls exclude the person (it's up to the Lodge.)

I, for example, belong two Lodges. When I joined the second, I had to be balloted for, even though I am a well-known Brother.

To join a Lodge, you must have the vote of all in that Lodge. A Mason may belong to many, but may still be denied access to another one, if a Brother of that Lodge so chooses.

What is interesting, though, is the trust the Lodge place in the Worshipful Master. When the ballot has closed, the Master looks at the ballot and announces the outcome. Nobody else in the Lodge sees the ballot. This means the Master alone knows how many of each colour there were. He announces the verdict, and everybody else accepts his Word. This is typical of the trust Masons have in their Brethren in general. But if there was a corrupt Master, he could determine the outcome of the ballot alone.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
On a bit of a side note, I always enjoy the ritualistic power play between the Grand Master (or his representative) and the Master of a Lodge (well, in the English constitution at least).

The book of constitutions says a Master of a Lodge can deny any person access to his Lodge. But it also says that the Grand Master or his representative has the right to preside over any Lodge if he so wishes. These two could be contradictory if the Master chooses not to admit the Grand Master.

So when the Grand Master or his representative come to visit, he knocks on the door, and his Director of ceremonies says "Worshipful Master, the Grand Master (or his representative) .... .... demands admission. The Master replies something along the lines of "It is my will that he be admitted" and then instructs the inner guard to admit him.

edit on 11/12/2013 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If I may, it has been told all over the Internet that Freemasonry and the illuminate are one and the same. Sorry but it is not so. Freemasonry was pre 1717. Only in 1717 it was registered as an organisation of a brother hood. Illuminate came in way after only to use the Freemason symbols. Illuminate came from Nigeria.
If you Google going illuminate you'll find get rich bla bla bla. You must pay 100 plus Dollars and you will become illustrate.
In Freemasonry it will not work like that.
So I you do try to join the illuminate know what you have just been illuminated of you money.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: tj2402
I find this discussions very interesting... And yes I AM a Freemason and proud of it!!!
But somehow I think a lot of people out there have huge misunderstandings of Freemasons.
1) We are NOT a secret society...Secret societies do not have their adresses in the telephone book and do not display their Insignia on the walls and gates of their meeting places! We are a Brotherhood with secrets yes... just like you would find in most every aspect of life! Do you share your bedroom frollics with the world? No... it is your secrets that you share only with your wife/partner.(I hope) Do companies share their marketing strategies with other similar companies? NO... So what makes Freemasons so different from the rest of the world that we are not alowed to have some secrets?
2) Lets discuss the conspiracy theories a bit: The Illuminati does not exist. It was disbanned more than 200 years ago even though the so-called illuminati tried to use the Freemasons as their foothold into the world which did not work. Freemasons do not try to take over the world...Freemasonry is about Good men wanting to make themself Better. We believe in Brotherly Love towards each other and towards all mankind. We believe in Good and Upstanding Vertues, and yes we believe in God, be it the Christian, Jewish, Moslem or any other religious God.(For one I am a staunch Christian). Many a well known men have been Masons purely because their Masonic Virtues have made them excell in everything they do. So if Freemasons were trying to take over the world, dont you think that after 300 years we would have succeeded by now? Governments and rulers have come and gone, yet Freemasons is still around... And if we did, we sure aint doing a damn good job of it are we? But then again, maybe we should start to rule the world and start to teach our believes to every man and woman out there... then maby there will be more brotherly love, peace, and goodwill amongs people... no more hatred, murders, racism and all the sick things you see every day in the news...

My advice to all people who wonder about Freemasons and who want to know more, or just satisfy their curiosity... Grab your local telephone directory or Google the closest Lodge to you. You will find our contact details there and talk to us. Ask and you will receive. Then decide wheter we are still the evil demonic creatures trying to rule the world...
BTW just as a matter of interest for those who would like to know: In the USA a total of $150 Million Dollars( Yes you read correctly) is donated DAILY towards Childrens hospitals and charities by....... wait for it......wait for it.....FREEMASONS! And that is only the USA, not even starting to mention the rest of the world and right there in your own comunity...

Can you better that?

Oh Please.
Freemasonry is an extension of the ancient mystery religions and has an outer circle (blue lodges) and inner circles (red lodges) and serves and cover for other secret societies - other secret societies hidden within masonry. Don't be so naive about the so called Illuminati - there's enough modern day research and proof to prove that something ancient is still indeed going on in the background through certain bloodlines. Freemasonry exists to protect certain bloodlines at its very core. All I can say is don't believe everything they tell you in the lodge. Masonry was infiltrated by the Illuminati starting in late 1800's and even admitted by their own senior lodge masters and to be a christian and a mason contradicts the bible!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join