It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati symbolysm in South Africa

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by da_ruse

Point taken!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

they dont exist??? www.youtube.com...

hmmm...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

they dont exist??? www.youtube.com...

hmmm...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Codazzle

Video proves nothing, its just a bunch of random pics from the internet.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Hi,
I live in South Africa. My grandfather (now deceased) was a high level Free Mason. He kept his doings relatively secret from my dad and grandmother. But we've got a lot of his stuff with the free mason symbols on them etc. When I googled our surname I came across info that in the 1600's or something there were ties with my family and the illuminati. I don't know how accurate it is. I would actually like to know if someone knows how I can find out whether my ancestors were Illuminati.
Another thing, there is an old age home in pretoria only for free masons...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
When I first saw this thread ,I was not sure to comment ,BUT after reading a few replies I have to ....
When my partners Grandfather past away and we had to go through his belongings ,we found a small book with entries which blew me away...details of meetings he attended 'as you they call it LODGES.and yes from what I read he belonged to the Freemasons.their are Freemasons in SA and from this thread ,it starts to make sense what is happening in SA and how we came to this point is history.
Many buildings and statues have the Freemasons symbols in our (SA) cities ,BUt it seems that is only the informed people that see them ,the rest are as they say "sheeple"

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Concerning the painting you saw in the museum, I grew up with that painting in not only our house, but also in the house of my grandparents. I was given a copy at age 13 form my grandmother. It is a very common painting that you find in a lot of Afrikaner homes. My mother use to teach us about God and the Bible form it. I still have a copy somewhere and am sure my Gran has a few. I would be willing to either take pics or send one if interested. (No promises though)

Masons in South Africa are big and quiet. I grew up a town called Kimberley. We are surrounded by Masons on every side of our History. Cecil John was one of the founders of this town and there is a large Mason community here. My mother worked for the lodge's old age home for more than ten years. It was during this time that the grounds keeper of the lodge took me on a tour. (I was 20 at the time.) He wanted me to consider joining at that times and said he would recommend me to the head of the lodge. Rhodes himself started that lodge and the history is very interesting. The most interesting thing was the black room with the coffin that lead into a room adorned with red roses and an altar. On the altar there was a picture of Jesus and a lamp hanging above it. On the other side of the hall there was a very large room that led to a smaller room where I was told the order of the Knights Templar meet. According to the groundskeepers there are three Templars in Kimberley that meets a few times a year.

The town is steeped in Mason history and everywhere you go you will find numerous symbols. This is not uncommon for South African towns, especially the older ones build by the "Vortrekkers" An other interesting (Although I have no evidence of this) thing is that I heard it said that during the Anglo Boer War, Masons in the boer camps were allowed to meet with masons on the British side while held in prisoner of war camps. (Although this is just a story I heard adn may be false.)

Well, I am wilingl to send you the pics I have and tell mroe about specific things.

J

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Hi

I am a mason living in Pretoria. I'll gladly clear up any questions regarding Freemasonry in South African.

Originally posted by Maya1

The old age home you speak of is run entirely by Masons (I am involved in a small way), but is open to all (provided there is space). Mason provide all the meals, support and care for those living there.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
By the way, there is something about the Freemasons Hall in Park Lane, Johannesburg, has never ceased to amaze me. One of the stained glass windows in the heart of the building was found on a battle field in 1880, and is of unknown age. This stained glass window depicts a (UFO) flying saucer. Considering that the window is at least 130 years old, I think it's pretty amazing!

I'll take a picture next time I visit there and put it up here...

edit on 3/11/2010 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Oh, and another thing that may interest fellow South Africans...

In the Voortrekker monument, on the wall directly opposite the entrance (draw a straight line from the entrance to the stone to the opposite wall) is a painting of Piet Retief. On his water bottle is painted the Masonic square and compasses. Has been there since the monument was built.

Maybe someone who is more skilled at Google searching that I am can find a picture or two...

edit on 3/11/2010 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
And i keep learning! Thanks for sharing this info ... all

Sandton is getting a mission visit from me soon, but yes, enough money. Until these pyramis, i thought the only architectural style in jhb was tuscan ... my bad

And i am looking forward to that stained glass photo, i have a thing for stained glass ... and south african history, not many examples around.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
anyone got links to the original pictures from the first post?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Examine

Hi
I am new here but would like to know if I can take you up on the offer. All we need to do is figure out a way to get it to me. I am in PE, and would love an original as my wife is currently painting a copy of this from a print which is not really the best way of doing it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
A wise man told me one time - never belief what you see or hear to be true, the reason behind this is because of poeple like the free masons saying one thing meaning another.
Almost all culture and traditions from the afrikaans and english south african poeple, come either from the masons or the illuminati themselves using normal poeple as sheep. Just as a matter of interest about Rhodes, when he was in power degreed that the De Beers mines do not have to pay tax in South Africa to this day. That is the reason why the likes of Malema are going on like they do at the moment, how would you feel if you knew that 80% of the Country wealth base was never collected due to such shady dealings. The broederbond is against freemasonry in princepal, but has been infiltrated at high level due to the like of Pik Botha and De Klerk. The broederbond themselves are the biggest thiefs in olden era (apartheid). The new Black elite are controled either by the masons or the ANC Crime sindicate.
Most of you will think this is rubbish but then you still think that Chris Hanni was assassinated, which he wasn't
Mandela is a mason Mbheki is a mason Zuma recently became a mason. He was always what Mbheki preached about but never was a African renascence man keeping the wealth with in Africa but also has fallen pray to the masons

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya1

Hi,
I live in South Africa. My grandfather (now deceased) was a high level Free Mason. He kept his doings relatively secret from my dad and grandmother. But we've got a lot of his stuff with the free mason symbols on them etc. When I googled our surname I came across info that in the 1600's or something there were ties with my family and the illuminati. I don't know how accurate it is. I would actually like to know if someone knows how I can find out whether my ancestors were Illuminati.

Hi. Just to sort a few things out. What qualifies as a "high level Free Mason" (sic). I do genealogical work and to trace your family line from 2011 to 1600 in one smack is amazing. The Illuminati, or rather, the Illuminati of Bavaria, were suppressed in 1784. The organization started in 1776 by Weishaupt. It looks as if your ancestor belonged to an organization 100+ years in his future. Powerful guys them Illuminati.

Perhaps some research should be done to see what the Illuminati were about, and was not taking over the world! It was about freedom to study.

Many people I speak to claim ancestors who were Grand Master's in the Freemasons. Most are wrong. Few people ever reach that rarified level. Almost all Masons will be a Master Mason and most will be the Worshipful Master or Right Worshipful Master (depends on the Constitution) of a lodge. Many Past Masters will have District or Past District rank. Some may attain Grand or Past Grand rank.

What it comes down to is research the organization. Not everything you see in print or on the internet is true or valid. Not every church minister has his facts about the Masons right either. In my town, a Past Master of the local Lodge was the Anglican Bishop of the town. Do you really think he would subvert his Christian and religious ethics to support something that was evil?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
"A wise man told me one time - never belief what you see or hear to be true, the reason behind this is because of poeple like the free masons saying one thing meaning another.
Almost all culture and traditions from the afrikaans and english south african poeple, come either from the masons or the illuminati themselves using normal poeple as sheep."

Some wooly logic here. I'd think that a wise man would say "never believe everything you read or hear to be true".
What, exactly, do the Freemasons say? I understand, from most of the posts, that we say nothing. We keep it to ourselves.
What part of the Afrikaans and English cultures derive from the Freemasons? The justice system. Fair play. Religion? Ethics? And, why would people simply follow like sheep? Don't you think, for one moment, that you might be following someone like a sheep, and that guy is not a Mason.

As for the Illuminati (of Bavaria), see my previous post. Closed its door more than 200 years ago.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kingstonp

Hail to the king. Welcome back, Steve. We missed you. How long before you turn around and start hating on Masons again. One week? Two? You still working at Alpine?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
reply to post by kingstonp

Hail to the king. Welcome back, Steve. We missed you. How long before you turn around and start hating on Masons again. One week? Two? You still working at Alpine?

Who is Steve and why should/would he hate Masons?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malikai
well i do believe that it is common knowledge umungst those who are informed that all the fraternal orders and systems of esoteric knowledge are specific shadows of african teachings and structure.hence egyptian symbols,gods being in everything masonic or esoteric related

I'm sorry. My English does not permit me to understand what is being stated here. I'm not sure have many sentences there are, with the oddd punctuation and lack of capital letters. Please elucidate.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Here is a well coloured copy of the "broad and narrow roads".

The "All-seeing Eye" is, oddly, not an Illuminati symbol insofar I am aware. It is a religious emblem also used by the Freemasons, representing God. This is a religious poster remind us of the easy and difficult paths in life, the easy path leading to Hell, and the easy path to the New Jerusalem. There are a plethora of symbolisms in the picture relating to texts in the Bible.
edit on 29-3-2011 by kingstonp because: adding addditional input

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join