It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati symbolysm in South Africa

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I live in South Africa and recently went on a holiday which involved a long drive from the very north of the country to the very south. I stopped in a small town in the middle of nowhere, out in the Karoo (a desert in the middle of the country) just bellow Beaufort West called Prince Albert.

Red dot=Prince Albert
[img]
[/ img]

It was here that I visited the town museum where I spotted a peculiar painting on a wall. The museum had been converted from a house and had been preserved, amongst other things, as it was in the in the 1800's. In the main bedroom above and to the right (facing the wall) of the bed was story-type painting which featured a prominent Illuminati symbol at its top.

(All images are uncropped to better see the details)

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

For each little scene it depicts there is an accompanying Biblical verse.
Here is a close-up of the all seeing eye at the top of the picture:

The Biblical verse is 1 Peter 3:12:

12For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous
and his ears are attentive to their prayer,
but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

The two images in the two corners are strange and Im not sure what to make of them (sorry about the poor quality, the museum tour was moving along swiftly, leaving me with little time):

I presume they are representations of Heaven and Hell. The title at the bottom of the picture reads "De breede en de smalle weg" which is a Dutch dialect (presumably old Afrikaans?) and roughly translates to "The broad and the narrow way/road" (personal translation). At a glance it appears to represent the road/s of life; one leading to hell and the other to heaven.

There is so much symbolism involved here, I dont know where to start. My Dutch is also not so sharp, which doesnt help. I am wondering why Afrikaans settlers would host what appears to be such blatant Illuminati symbolism. How were these people involved if they were?

Anyone know anything about Dutch, Afrikaans or South African Illuminati ties?

You can find some of the Bible versus here.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
From what I understand of the matter, the Illuminati ceased functioning after the clampdown in eastern europe.

However, if they still existed and were looking for an agent in south africa, I'd think that Cecil Rhodes would be the guy for them to go after. Rhodes, apparently, wanted for there to be a secret society of gentlemen to work together for the best interests of the British Empire.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
well i do believe that it is common knowledge umungst those who are informed that all the fraternal orders and systems of esoteric knowledge are specific shadows of african teachings and structure.

hence egyptian symbols,gods being in everything masonic or esoteric related

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I live in Cape Town S.A and think you should all have a look at this. Fits in perfectly with this topic.
thumbsgm.virtualglobetrotting.com...
this is an aerial view of the Castle of Good Hope in Cape town.
Anyone find it strange that it's shaped like a star and has a PENTAGON in the centre?!!

Ilumminati is widespread man...seriously

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I saw another painting such as this one, just outside of Pretoria at an historic house!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Modulus

I am in posession of an original De Breede and De Smalle weg which dates back to well over a 100 years. Can anybody give me more information regarding the painting and also how many copies might be left.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Evening all,

You'd be surprised how much interest the Illumanti and the Freemasons have in South Africa, so it's no surprising to find photos of those. Plenty of true facts linking Nelson Mandela to the Illumanti.

Kind regards,
Latixus.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by latixus

Plenty of true facts linking Nelson Mandela to the Illumanti.

Kind regards,
Latixus.

Care to share this evidence? And please don't refer only his relationship with the Clintons.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by da_ruse

There are plenty of books and documents by various organisations around the world, I'm not going to list the sources. I know various people who have worked in government who have heard of this and who have seen documents and I'm family of a previous president of the Republic of South Africa.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I've stayed in Prins Albert, a beautiful town!! (About 60km from Hell)

South Africa has been hugely influenced by the Illuminati / etc crowd. CJ Rhodes is the most obvious, but when you see how important his legacy has become, and how many of his colleagues shared his views ... and i can also confirm that lower level freemasonry is very common amonst us too.

The greatest piece of evidence i have fund though, is in the Voortrekker monument. Down underneath, in the inner sanctum, you will find a lamp that is kept burning. It is the symbolic of the light of civilisation that the boers had brought with them from Europe to Africa.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by da_ruse

I too would be very interested to learn about this, and disappointed if the other poster won't give at least one source.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by latixus

Care to post these "true facts" linking him to the illuminati? Can you post anything proving the illuminati even exist anymore?

Peace

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

I think "Illuminati" has become a general term for the secret society behind the secret societies, or the inner groups at the top of every social pyramid that pulls the strings and manipulates behind the scenes. Of course my view on this is open to correction and broadening.
The Masonic symbolism across SA towns is indeed wipespread. The top Voortrekkers like Piet Retief were apparently Masons of the old Dutch Goedehoop order, and they spread this symbolism where-ever they founded towns.

The book "Dokument X" speaks of a secret group with international and CIA ties called "Die Wyse Manne" (Afrikaans for the "wise men"). Although the book is full of conspircacy claims by an unidentified ex-secret agent, the "Wyse Manne" are also referred to in the MSM book: "Publish and be Damned" by Chris Steyn Barlow. the memoirs of this reporter point out how the Wyse Manne were mentioned in the media, and then the claims were quickly dismissed as fairytales, by the very people who made them. The Wyse Manne are seemingly a core group from the former Broederbond and select black former liberationists, as well as as some leading industrialists, but most are unknown. I was personally taken aside and told not to talk about them in public at a pub once, although the books are (or at least were) in the our local library!
The Wyse Manne controlled the Broederbond and the super-Afrikaners under apartheied, but they were also in contact with the ANC, and some like Pik Botha were allegedly double agents who had both CIA and KGB contacts.
Broadly there were three groups in the ANC towards the late 1980s. The "old men" on the island, the UDM in the country and the Lusaka group in exile. The Lusaka group were promised leadership if they got rid of Winnie Mandela and Chris Hani (a request of the CIA) in public life. Hani was assassinated by a right wing patsy (and even some ANC members believe it was an inside job to pave the way for Mbeki's Presidency). However, the Lusaka group were also bribed and black-mailed, with evidence of massive drug running and individual drug addiction. In summary, they control both the ANC and the white right parties, such as the Freedom Front (who are often a means of surveilence).
But that book was in 2002, and I'd really love to know what the purpose of Julius Malema is, and who his handlers are?
For the details of "Dokument X" see the link, unfortunately the short write-up is in Afrikaans, but it is available in English and I've generally written here what it says: www.vaandel.co.za...

[edit on 31-3-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Thank you. It's a Start. I never intended any skeptism concerning the hidden hand and South Africa. Only that an outright Declaration that it is Mandela needs a little bit more substance if taken seriously. For the conpiricist there is a fair amount of facts that do put him in the light of one of those people who are in the know. See The Elders
His general standing in the international community is that of the go to gouy if you want to endorse a "peaceful" mediation. But honeslty I think his heart is really in the right place. The old man tried friggin hard to embrace change without alienating the skills.

The presence of freemasonry itself is pretty widespread throughout the country. I know this because because a friend of my old man hooked me up with fast tracked drivers license apoitnment many moons ago, he did this via his lodge contacts. Though I think he and most of them are pretty low level.

Then also consider the conservative principles of the god fearing boers during their migrations. Surely they would have been in contact with agents of the church. If you do a search on the Order of St John and the military order of the knights hospitalers (aka the knights of Malta) you will see that historically till present day they are heavily entrenched in South Africa.

Originally posted by latixus
reply to post by da_ruse

I'm family of a previous president of the Republic of South Africa.

Well you want to ask your uncle/dad/cuzzy to maybe stand up and throw some clout around. The old civic servants and beuracrats are keeping awfully silent while the burghers scream blue murder.

STFU and help or get off your soapbox. White South Africa and the Afrikaans people in particular need need a a civil hero now more than ever before. If your all that, Hots*** you and your kin should be in the courts makig a stand.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Ever noticed how many pyramids are on the corners of Sandton City? (Conveniently some of the most expensive real estate in Africa.)

Lets not start with how convenient it is that the Freemasons have there building right next to the Cape Town Parliament buildings on the same grounds...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Artificium

I am ashamed to say I've never noticed either of those.

Born, bred and raised in Jozi. Worked in Sandtion many a year and never noticed. Are they on the roof?

As for the freemasons building next to parliament in Cape Town. Again I never noticed and I lived in Cape Town for 6 years. A few blocks up from parliament. Kinda awful when I think that it was during this period that I started getting really suspicious that tptb were keeping important stuff from the world.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Location of the Cape Town Lodge: www.freemasonry.co.za...

Images of Sandton City:

www.bfba.co.za...

lh5.ggpht.com...

farm1.static.flickr.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Doh... That obvious. I would definitely have noticed before just not clicked.
Can't say its too suprising. The world can think what it whats but we know the kind of money that passes through Sandton is more than enough to attract the global tsotsi's.

I must admit there is a part of me that says, it is just nice architecture. They may have decided it looks nice without actually putting much more thought inot it.

I mean not all rich people are masons, NWO, or Illuminati candidates. I wonder how much of it was intentional and how much was just copying fashionable ideas in ignorance.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by da_ruse

10 Pyramids that I can see in the one photo alone... just nice architecture?

OK Yes maybe...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artificium
reply to post by da_ruse

10 Pyramids that I can see in the one photo alone... just nice architecture?

OK Yes maybe...

Ok point taken. But I would think once you decided to adopt an architectural style you would have to maintain it throughout the building.
Just playing devils advocate.

You don't need to convince me.
I know there are all shades of shadiness in my back yard.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join