It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

HIV Bombers

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
About the virgins....



It has long been a staple of Islam that Muslim martyrs will go to paradise and marry 72 black-eyed virgins. But a growing body of rigorous scholarship on the Quran points to a less sensual paradise — and, more important, may offer a step away from fundamentalism and toward a reawakening of the Islamic world.

…The Quran is beautifully written, but often obscure. One reason is that the Arabic language was born as a written language with the Quran, and there’s growing evidence that many of the words were Syriac or Aramaic.

For example, the Quran says martyrs going to heaven will get “hur,” and the word was taken by early commentators to mean “virgins,” hence those 72 consorts. But in Aramaic, hur meant “white” and was commonly used to mean “white grapes."
ko.offroadpakistan.com...



I'll bet a few martyrs are gonna be pretty disappointed with their door prize.


[edit on 11-1-2006 by 27jd]




posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy


Its just something to make fun of Islamic extremists



This is true, i better start making more cracks about extremists jews throwing acid from the Kfar Darom synagogue at police or extremists christians killing doctors who perform abortions. I guess extremists are just poeple WHO unequivocal believe there faith is correct.



posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Ok first up i dont know if someone has pointed this out or not already, as i cant be botherd reading the whole thread. But why would you even bother using the HIV virus? It can take years and years for a person to die from aids. Their are easier to make/get your hands on chemical weapons to use than the HIV virus.

Also here is a post that debates the hypothesis that HIV can kill enough t-cells to generate the AID symptons. HIV does not casue AIDS

I dont see this thread with any merit what so ever, just more fearmongering from the press.



posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wang
Ok first up i dont know if someone has pointed this out or not already, as i cant be botherd reading the whole thread. But why would you even bother using the HIV virus? It can take years and years for a person to die from aids. Their are easier to make/get your hands on chemical weapons to use than the HIV virus.

Also here is a post that debates the hypothesis that HIV can kill enough t-cells to generate the AID symptons. HIV does not casue AIDS

I dont see this thread with any merit what so ever, just more fearmongering from the press.


Terrorists usually think of many crazy ideas to inflict casualties and destruction on the Great Satan. Guess they feel that HIV would be perfect as a destructive slow killing weapon that is uncurable. Not to mention how it could spread.



posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
HAHA how it could spread, geez what sort of capabilities do you think these guys have? They resort to suicide bombings because that is the only way they can cause damage to their enemy. If they had the capability to spread AIDS they would not be killing themselves in the process.

Plus their are MANYYY other ways to kill alot of people faster, quicker, and cheaper. So why even bother?!



posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by wang
But why would you even bother using the HIV virus? It can take years and years for a person to die from aids.


Its simple, THE FEAR FACTOR (and not that crappy show). Do you know the fear that would cause ?



posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
Its simple, THE FEAR FACTOR (and not that crappy show). Do you know the fear that would cause ?


Enough to make people stop sharing needles and having unprotected sex? Oh wait, nevermind. People still do those things. Besides, AIDS is a fairly managable disease now.



posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Managable? Sure, it can be controled, and the unavoidable death that it allways leads to can be delayed, sure.



posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
That's what I meant, the life excpectancy has increased dramatically due to drugs now available. It's almost to a point where it can be treated as a chronic illness rather than a death sentence. So it wouldn't be a very effective weapon for terrorists.



posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
People still do those things. Besides, AIDS is a fairly managable disease now.


HIV is a manageable disease in the West where we have access to complex drug therapies and the sophisticated medical support that goes with it. However in countries like Iraq, where the health service consists of 4 blokes with some bandages who are desperately trying to patch together all the people who get blown up daily, it is a death sentance.

In fact this is the only reason I can think of for the insurgents recruiting HIV positive people (which I doubt) is because they know they are going to die in a not very nice way within the next few years and might be more willing to blow themselves up than people with a lot to live for.



posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
HIV is a manageable disease in the West where we have access to complex drug therapies and the sophisticated medical support that goes with it. However in countries like Iraq, where the health service consists of 4 blokes with some bandages who are desperately trying to patch together all the people who get blown up daily, it is a death sentance

In fact this is the only reason I can think of for the insurgents recruiting HIV positive people (which I doubt) is because they know they are going to die in a not very nice way within the next few years and might be more willing to blow themselves up than people with a lot to live for.


You're probably right, however they're pool of candidates is probably very limited, first because like you said, people in those countries with HIV don't last long, and second because I'm sure HIV testing is not high on the priority list for the people there. They probably don't know they have it til they are sick, so the insurgents have a pretty small window if they are indeed seeking out HIV patients.




top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join