It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: holocaust conference

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Tehran, 5 Jan. (AKI) - Iran has decided to rewrite and revise the history of the Holocaust. Following the repeated declarations by the Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and other senior government officials on the need to re-examine the history of the genocide of the Jews during the Second World War, the association of Islamic Journalists of Iran has been tasked with quickly putting together an international conference on the Holocaust.

"President Ahmadinejad has placed at the centre of international attention, a very important question on the truthfulness of the version that Europe and the Zionists have imposed on the world on the murder of Jews during the years of the great war, and therefore we are of the opinion that it is useful and necessary to organise an international conference on that theme, where all the historians and researchers, even those that do not believe in the official version, will be able to express themselves freely," Mehdi Afzali, spokesperson of the Association of Islamic Journalists told Adnkronos International (AKI).

While I personally believe the holocaust occured I am interested in hearing what this conference and its guest speakers have to say. The speakers consist of an Israeli, American & German. While I don't agree that laws should be in place to prevent them from stating their opinions(and no I'm not promoting hate or at least that is not my intention), if there is information that can substantiate their claims it should be up to others to formulate their own opinions.

source: www.adnki.com...#

Mod Edit: ALL-CAPS title

brill

[edit on 8-1-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
i agree with u brill. there can be nothing wrong with an open and frank discussion on the subject of the holocaust.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I beleive that they shouldnt even entertain the Idea of a official conference.......

What next a conference on Discussing the Islamic Crusades ....

Then a Discussion on the Christian Crusades ....

and on and on to get us where ?

The jews are obviously the first on Irans Theocratic Governments hit list, then whos next ?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
I beleive that they shouldnt even entertain the Idea of a official conference.......

What next a conference on Discussing the Islamic Crusades ....

Then a Discussion on the Christian Crusades ....

and on and on to get us where ?

The jews are obviously the first on Irans Theocratic Governments hit list, then whos next ?

I think without even listening to what they are going to say is encouraging ignorance. There may be facts presented that could alter your views.

brill

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
This is interesting, but will amount to simply a Holocaust denial and revisionist conference.

Ahmadinejad thinks that he is the mahdi, the Muslim messiah, hence he thinks he can simply re-write Holocaust history as he sees fit to.
Further, the alleged Holocaust conference will have the usual suspects:

Israel Shamir--an established and known advocate for Holocaust revisionism, as well as being anti-semitic and anti-Zionist.
Good Morning from the Zundelsite
Israel Shamir and the Russian connection
The enemy of our enemy is not our friend
Israel Shamir + holocaust denier

Horst Mahler--an assistant defense lawyer for Ernst Zundel, an established anti-semitic, anti-Zionist and probable Holocaust denier and revisionist.

Zundel’s long-expected trial in Germany began on November 8, 2005, but was almost immediately delayed after Judge Ulrich Meinerzhagen learned that the defense team included Horst Mahler, a disbarred right-wing German lawyer who had himself been convicted of inciting hatred against Jews in January 2005.
Ernst Zundel

Horst Mahler + holocaust denier

Robert Faurisson--a well established and known Holocaust denier and revisionist.
Robert Faurisson + holocaust denier

Arthur Butz--another well established and known Holocaust denier and revisionist.
Arthur Butz + holocaust denier

Yes, I will watch what will come out of this Holocaust denier and revisionist conference with baited breath, but will take anything said, mentioned, claimed, and asserted with a grain of salt.

seekerof

[edit on 9-1-2006 by Seekerof]

new topics

top topics

join