It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Hypothetical Scenario, How Would This Change Your Reality?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
well, after my head 'asploded, i'd sit there for a really long time thinking.

then i'd probably realize that we know less than a drop in the bucket about the nature of space time.

i'd also observe that we have actual evidence of something from the present going to the past, which would be amazing. it would probably lead to morer excavation/preservation of ancient sites.

archaeology would be forever changed, and i'd be so very very happy.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

That would mean that nothing we knew was true, including esoteric teachings.

i liked this! And all i could say, "But, i am" . .. . .. "aren't i?"

2) What questions would you have concerning such a find?

In a universe where there are no natural laws, where everything works by whim and chance as though a million competing godlings was changing reality to suit their needs?

Only one question: "How do I get out of this chickenbait place?"

Good question.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

archaeology would be forever changed, and i'd be so very very happy.

That is true, never thought of that. Archaeology would be catapulted to the top of the food chain as a very important science.

Hollywood would make a pretty penny. Me? I'd bootleg the new "Indiana Jones" movies, because i thought of the thing before they did. Might as well try and save some $$. Poor as i am.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Again, I've been on a tour to Iraq, and thought i'd reach into the bowels of the thread to retrieve one of my threads from about 5 months back.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
1) How would this effect your outlook on reality?

It wouldn't. IMO we're already bombarded with things that make no sense, every day of our lives, why would another change my view of reality?

I think my first might just be: wtf?

[edit on 20/5/06 by Implosion]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I suspect a lot of things all the time, so it wouldn't effect me too much, though I'd be very dissapointed with what seems the most logical explanation.

I would blame the govt for bs-ing the public about their accomplishments in space.

[edit on 20-5-2006 by laiguana]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I would absolutely love something like this to happen. There are too many people in this world that delight in proclaiming "everything being black and white, no surprises, no conspiracies, the govt are lovely deep down inside, you conspiracy nutters are just delusional, mentally unstable and lack basic logic and reasoning" and so on and so forth.

Something like this would turn these people completely upside down. For me personally, I'd be totally cool with that. For the unawakened however, it would be a different story.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
1.) It would simply validate the theory of a closed and finite universe.

2.) What was the date differential concerning the other artifacts in the cave and carbon testing data would reveal at what point in history the object was "found"?

By applying the data from #2 to the theory presented in #1 we could come to a relative conclusion concerning the amount of time it takes for a man made object released from the earth's atmosphere to come full circle and return to it's planetary point of origin.

Fun question!

*edit for spelling

[edit on 20-5-2006 by Pyrotechnocracy23]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I thought i would revive an older thread to see what other contributions may be made ....

Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
In all seriousness, but from what I've read here at ATS and some more, but we are the seed of the aliens? So what if the future us came back in time, and wanted to prove something that we could do. I mean, how else can we prove our OWN history? Sure, time traveling may be possible, and let's say historians want to view the past to have an accurate record of Earth's history? I don't know what I'm tying to imply, but perhaps whatever left the artifact wanted to prove something.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Then I have finally confirmed the existince of the egyptian jumping pyramids. I knew it was true.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   

What is reality, anyway?
I am not attached to any certain perspective and the possibility of an expanded or revised one is THRILLING!

I'm not sure I would know until it happened. And it is very possible it would be more of an ANSWER than a QUESTION for me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join