It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Hypothetical Scenario, How Would This Change Your Reality?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have a brief scenario to introduce to your thought processes, and am simply inquiring as to how this would change your view of the world you live in, and also what questions would this cause you to ponder.

Here is the Scenario:

What if upon full excavation of Giza in Egypt humanity uncovered something that simply could not be there, but was. What if we were to find, say under the Sphinx, a chamber that contained something that we launched in the 1970s into outer space. What if we knew unequivically that Voyager was outside of our solar system, and also somehow buried under Giza thousands of years ago.

1) How would this effect your outlook on reality?

2) What questions would you have concerning such a find?

Again, I'm stating this is extremely hypothetical scenario. I am not saying that anyone I know found something that could not be there, nor am I stating that some object constructed in modern times does indeed remain buried anywhere.

Edit to add:
One of the reasons for introducing this topic from my point of view was merely to consider the possibility that it may be possible that a response from the heavens could have been provided, long before we were around to ask the question. What if we recieved a reply, before we had extended the invitation? And, given they answered us, does this present a paradox like: Would we have extended any invitation without their reply in the first place?

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Perhaps this brand of thinking is too far outside the box?

Speculation serves us far better than acting like a parrot and regurgitating the same old same old. Perhaps this is absolute science fiction, and not worthy of being considered a plausible enough scenario?

At any rate, i guess no takers, but i thought i'd take this out of the bowels, for another try.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Given that this would even be publicly acknowledged, I think it would confirm things most of us already know - there are simply things in the universe we have absolutely no grasp on.

I think more than anything else it would shatter the concept of religion more than anything else, because if it can be proven these things somehow "loop" through reality, it could possibly be used to verify those who say that the prophets of old were simply visited by people of the future.

Personally, I've been a long time subscriber to the string theory, so something like this wouldnt surprise me much.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Actually that's an interesting scenario. I think maybe the reason there's been such an underwhelming response is that it's kind of a mindnumber--at least for me.

I think the main change that would have, on my outlook at least, would be having to rethink physics. I mean, there's several theories in which this would be somewhat plausible, but they're generally reserved for those scientists who've already fried most of their brain cells and are striving for something new for their fix

It would definitely open up a new realm of possibilities for us to consider; how did it get there? Through an outside hand, or just some strange quirk of physics unknown until that time? I think that would probably be the most trying question to figure out.

Edit:

Just wanted to add, why is this in aliens? Just curious...

[edit on 1/9/2006 by MCory1]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I would think it was way cool, and scientists would declare it a hoax... Then there would be lots of discussion and some flaming on ATS, in which I would not participate. Instead, I would blog about it being proof that time is a relative concept.

Meanwhile, various government agencies would be tripping over each other to reverse engineer how it was done.

Also, one lone crackpot would step forward and describe in detail how s/he build a perfect replica of Voyager (or whatever) and snuck it in while all the archaeologists were sleeping.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
ET, that is an awesome mind bender, I am tipping it would change a few things for everyone - our limited understanding of time would become irrelevant for starters...

I'm gonna wait till I get home for this one.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1

Just wanted to add, why is this in aliens? Just curious...

Good question. I think many would assume someone had delivered it back to us, after having found or retrieved it.

But one question i would ask is:

Did they find Voyager in the future and return it to our past to demonstrate something, or humble us, or did they have it somehow delivered to their past? If the latter, what if they claimed the first? And if they claimed the first, would world leaders who kept such knowledge from the masses in the general public believe it?

Again, this is not a true scenario as far as i know, but could this promote a hushing of known facts, out of the fear of social reprocussions on a global scale?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
ET,
Your senario, would confirm what I already believe. That not only do we not understand the cosmos; we are incapable of understanding it due to our rather primitave methods of conceptualization.

Actually I think things have been discovered that mirror your senario and have been ignored, covered up or poopooed into oblivion.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
you should check out a thread that was posted on the new posts called GIZA and the truth? it has some pictures that shed some light of something that could be there and how the math ads up to help being there from the stars.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
I think many would assume someone had delivered it back to us, after having found or retrieved it.

That makes sense; roughly what I assumed, just wanted to get it clarified.

But one question i would ask is:

Did they find Voyager in the future and return it to our past to demonstrate something, or humble us, or did they have it somehow delivered to their past?

By "they", do you mean ET's or the Egyptians (or some combination therein)? If you mean ET's, then I think it's fairly moot whether they retrieved it or had it delivered--one race more technologically advanced is no different at this point than one more advanced than one more advanced than us (I hope that made sense...)

If you mean the Egyptians, then that's a whole different ball game, and definitely would make you wonder if the producers/writers of Stargate knew something more than how to write a good story.

If the latter, what if they claimed the first? And if they claimed the first, would world leaders who kept such knowledge from the masses in the general public believe it?

I would like a bit more clarification on what you mean here. Who claims the former vs. the latter?

Again, this is not a true scenario as far as i know, but could this promote a hushing of known facts, out of the fear of social reprocussions on a global scale?

Yes, I think something like this could really lend itself to a higher level of secrecy. ET's are one thing on their own--throwing time travel into the mix would really mess with our status quo.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Esoteric Teacher, Please don't take this in a bad way, but your outlandish thoughts and ponderings remind me of someone on an acid trip. Your thoughts cannot possibly be this deep and utterly wild ALL of the time, can they?

I am enjoying reading them, so please keep posting!

I'm wondering how much of a personal life you have and how do you interact with your loved ones. I bet they get very tired from all of the mental angles you create!

Keep it up!

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1

If the latter, what if they claimed the first? And if they claimed the first, would world leaders who kept such knowledge from the masses in the general public believe it?

I would like a bit more clarification on what you mean here. Who claims the former vs. the latter?

What I am implying here is in reference to alien (ETs) claims.

Would those who could know be covering it up out of fear of their technical superiority, and proof of it? Proof being supplied by the existance of something structurally incorporated into .. . . say the base of the Great Pyramid?

Would Aliens then claim they were responsible for it being their and claim they did it (delivered Voyager to the past), when in fact perhaps by some natural phenomenon it found its way to a distant past through some as of yet unrealized way?

Would those in power here on Earth buy their story hook, line, and sinker out of no way to disprove their claims? And this would serve as a catalyst for the justification of the coverup of contact having been made, and kept secret from the general public?

This is yet another plunge, blindly, down the rabbit hole. But, speculation of the impossible, may make it improbable, and if improbable, it is in fact plausible.

It is difficult to go from the known to the unknown without asking and addressing questions never before contimplated.

I'm trying to decypher intentionality of so called MIB. Trying to decide under what circumstances i would conceal the truth. This is the purpose for many of my threads.

Why would we (people discussing this in the here and now) do what it is we feel is being done? These ponderances are justified, and without credible proof, speculation becomes our allie, so long as it is hand in hand with what we know and accept as true. But, then again, questioning all we individually accept as true becomes something we must do, but are not always needed to be considered as obsticles.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Busymind

Also, one lone crackpot would step forward and describe in detail how s/he build a perfect replica of Voyager (or whatever) and snuck it in while all the archaeologists were sleeping.

This may have been meant as a joke, but it is plausible. Although, Giza and Egypt's antiquities are highly guarded, I know they can be bribed. Not unlike what Graham Hancock did when he paid off the guards at the Great Pyramid so they would turn a blind eye, while he climbed to the top.

However, sneaking in an exact duplicate, when not all is public knowledge would be improbable, but worthy of consideration. And efforts to debunk the validity of it would surely be made.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
You could make a good novel out of that story line....

At the end of the day however it would be another thing that would be kicked under the carpet and hidden because apparently us common folk are not worthy of knowing about the truth in our past.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberWasp
You could make a good novel out of that story line....

If I'm putting the knowledge and speculation i am putting out there (to ATS) for free, just imagine what i keep to myself

At the end of the day however it would be another thing that would be kicked under the carpet and hidden because apparently us common folk are not worthy of knowing about the truth in our past.

I wonder what it is they are comparing their observations of us too, in order to come to the conclusion we are not ready? I would speculate, themselves.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I need to learn to not post when I'm in a smart-alecky mood. I was serious, I just used a joking tone.

I forgot to add my pet theory for things showing up where they shouldn't be... Wormholes! Assuming that a wormhole goes from point A to point B, who's to say that point B wouldn't come out in an unused room beneath a pyramid, right?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Busymind, although i would think it difficult to believe, you are right. Seriously, how could we know that that wouldn't be the case? We only speculate about wormholes, but physics entertains the idea for a reason, the math adds up. So, what variable would we be over looking, if we were to automatically discount this concept? That is a rhetorical question i don't care to ponder beyond: consciousness itself. I know that sounds like a vague answer to a vague question.

Originally posted by uplander
Esoteric Teacher, Please don't take this in a bad way, but your outlandish thoughts and ponderings remind me of someone on an acid trip. Your thoughts cannot possibly be this deep and utterly wild ALL of the time, can they?

No offense taken, but to address the acid trip thing, to my knowledge I have never taken acid. And, I'll be honest as I can be, because pride and fear are two things i don't really care about anyway. I did smoke a little back in 93 and 94, (marijuana). But i highly doubt there were any everlasting effects. Too much information? Untruthfulness is ignorance. Least I'm making an effort to deny the ignorance, and not deny my choices well over a decade ago.

Now about my thought being this deep all the time: I'll wake from my sleep and write them down, in order not to forget, and yes, they are. I will always have some way to record my thoughts, always. And, i don't know how to explain this one, nor do i expect to be believed, but i've gone up to 5 weeks without sleeping. My body would rest, but i was fully conscious. Again, i don't expect to be believed, mainly because i couldn't explain it if i wanted to. Again, no mind altering drugs involved, promise.

I am enjoying reading them, so please keep posting!

Thanks for the compliment, and I'll indeed try. I'd like to expand on the previous question about my thoughts. I forget who said it but it was something like: "No one thinks faster than someone who is being shot at". There is a little bit of truth in that.

I'm wondering how much of a personal life you have and how do you interact with your loved ones. I bet they get very tired from all of the mental angles you create!

Well, since I've already admitted to breaking the law 13-14 years ago, hell why not answer you. My personal life would include living with 7 Vegas showgirls/strippers in the past 8 years. NO, not all at one time!! And, believe it or not, i was only involved (intimatly) with one of them. The rest were just close friends. I know their boundries, after having worked with psychiatric and developmentally dissabled souls for 11 years (hence the weed), and working with all women (again hence . . . .), my level of intuition and understanding of people is somewhat unique. Nowadays, I've been active duty USAF for nearly 8 years and will be leaving for another tour in Iraq in 5 days. No worries, I'll be fine. I'm currently stationed at Nellis AFB in the Fire Department. So I have plenty of time to read and write, instead of watch sports with the guys, at least all the time. How do people react to me that know me in everyday life? They think i'm too smart for my own good, or they think i'm the funniest kook they've ever known. I do have a very optimistic attitude towards life, and a great sense of humor, and no fear of using it. Hope this helps you understand me a little better. Everybody likes a mystery, people are drawn to the egnimatic (we are here in an alien forum, aren't we?). So that should about answer that question.

Sorry the long answer guys, but you're worth it.

[edit on 10-1-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by one_small_step
ET, that is an awesome mind bender, I am tipping it would change a few things for everyone - our limited understanding of time would become irrelevant for starters...

I'm gonna wait till I get home for this one.

How far away do you live. For one_small_step, it must be a slow step.

Honestly, though . .. . . . . .

I am only stretching for a reason to bring this back up out of the depths of the forum.

Sorry, one more go around, and then I'll let it fall for a couple of months before trying to revive it again.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Wouldn't change my outlook at all. Just another thing I don't understand, and never will. I'd scratch my head, say 'The hell..?' and go on with my life. Because really, if this happened, it wouldn't tell us anything other then space isn't a good place to use for nuclear disposal.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric TeacherWhat if upon full excavation of Giza in Egypt humanity uncovered something that simply could not be there, but was. What if we were to find, say under the Sphinx, a chamber that contained something that we launched in the 1970s into outer space. What if we knew unequivically that Voyager was outside of our solar system, and also somehow buried under Giza thousands of years ago.

1) How would this effect your outlook on reality?

Then we could not rely on anything we knew, including articles of faith, which have developed from foundations and proceeded logically. We could not rely on physics, on math, and it would not be beyond the realm of probability that your computer monitor would suddently transform itself into Cthulu and swallow you up, chewing you very slowly.

...and that you'd live while being digested.

That would mean that nothing we knew was true, including esoteric teachings.

2) What questions would you have concerning such a find?

In a universe where there are no natural laws, where everything works by whim and chance as though a million competing godlings was changing reality to suit their needs?

Only one question: "How do I get out of this chickenbait place?"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join