It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Genetically Modified Foods: Unborn Babies at Risk?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
i dont have any problem with cheese, and certian brands of milk are fine like the ones i drink in school, but the one from cumberland farms, our local small convience store, that milk i swear could kill me. ive had to be taking out of ths school before because i was drinking alot of the milk unknowning it was the problems and doubled over from pains in my side (i use to love milk, now i wont touch it except for the cartons at school)

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
namehere

This seems like a significant discovery.

CU-Boulder Study Shows Soy Diet Worsens Heart Disease In Mice

"We were shocked by the results," said Leinwand, chair of the molecular, cellular and developmental biology department and chief study author. "This study shows that at least in mice, diet can have a more profound effect on heart disease than any drug that we could imagine."

See what I mean? Diet affecting the body??? What a novel thought...

And we only just discovered that this year? Hmmmmm....

How else might the body be adversely affected by a modified diet?

It's folly to believe GM products have been sufficiently studied.

...and we are eating this stuff now!

[edit on 8-1-2006 by loam]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
(edited for Valhall) I can't deny that disinfo ppl aren't here on this board, but about my approach... name here, I'm sorry, what You eat is your business, but if you truly think modified foods are healthy or not degrading your health... I feel GM cares more about their products shelf life than your health life. (possibly other ulterior motives too)

Bht/Bha, red 40, anything hydrogenated, aspartame, etc. all are non-healthy. Go to a mainstream grocery store and you will see most of the products have theses chemicals in them. All the frozen pizzas seem to carry BHT or BHA. Also deodorants like -degree- carry BHA also which has been found to cause cancer. BHT is a mind drug to trick your brain into thinking it tastes better than it is. Alot of fast food restaurants use the mind tricking chemical. I'd rather get the knowledge out there to let people make the choice themselves. Another thing worth mentioning is go to the mainstream grocery store and you will get trans fat with most of their products. Go to a truly organic store and you will significantly see most of the products with NO trans fat. Makes a big difference in your health. I do believe there is a conspiracy with Monsato (sp?) as if you read the Protocols of Zion it talks about poisoning it's enemy in the literal sense. Regardless, look at the ingredients of the mainstream grocery and learn about the ones mentioned here and you will begin to see some of the light of the situation they want kept in the dark.

[edit on 1-9-06 by pacman]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
just look we have an overpopulation issue, you think they want to keep all these people alive?? haha thats pretty funny. this is a slow killing way to cure the population problem.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It is not an acceptable tactic to accuse another poster, who happens to disagree with you, of being in employment, or otherwise "an agent", of the organization you have decided you are against. So stop it now.

Any given member should be able to discuss their side of an argument without resorting to this distasteful tactic.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   

marg why? the name? its been proven safe and its no different than the natural genetic modification thats been going on for tens of thousands of years, its just more efficent.

infact the engineers learned many of their methods from the native farmers in south american tribes, so its actually almost exactly the same method.

I seriously doubt that native farmers in South America were introducing genes from human livers into rice plants like the current GM scientists are doing.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   

namehere

nobelprize.org...
nobelprize.org...
gee 1970....that was 10 years ago....

That was hybridization, not Genetic Modification.
There is a tremendous difference between the two.

There are no transgenic crops produced by standard hybridization.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join