It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing the Colossus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Okay its gone too far.

I am currently working on finaly and irrefutably ending the debate on 'well maybe the so called marketing is a cover up' or 'you're just sayin that', and am trying to end this.

I have asked several people to take pics of the ingame colossi and then I will post them and show the world how bad Sony got you.

In the meantime.

en.wikipedia.org...

Viral marketing campaign
In October 2005, a viral marketing campaign was launched: A website called Giantology.net posted links to several websites claiming that, in different parts of the world, five statues of giants closely resembling certain colossi had been unearthed. These giants were:

An Ice Giant, resembling Quadratus found in Franz Josef Land, Siberia by Arkady Simkin and his crew
An Incan Giant, resembling Gaius found in Nazca, Peru by Andrew and Ellie Sayre
A "Sunken Giant", resembling Hydrus found in the Sulu Sea by Ed Guyler
A giant of Jebal-Barez, resembling Phalanx found in Kuh-e Jebal Barez, Iran by Casper Shilling
The Giant of Mahabalipuram, resembling Malus found in Mahabalipuram, India after the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake. [IMO this one was in bad taste]

Back soon with pics.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
thank you!

now we can stop having people distracted by all of this marketing (though it was somewhat ingenious).

i want to talk about real cryptozoology!

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
JackofBlades, I completely support the notion. Yes, I have been sceptical about some of the giants being part of the marketing, not because I'm naive, but because I fear the time when a real discovery is found, and people discard is as yet another Sony creation.

This time Sony was the boy that cried wolf.

It would be great if we can finally get some irreputable proof about which are and which are not Sony creations.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
As I mentioned in another thread, I'll gladly take some ingame photos. Mind you, in that same thread I posted images of all of the colossi already, so I suppose the offer is moot by now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Second post in. Check it out.

edit: If anyone could provide a link to the video of the giant washed up on shore, I can provide a picture of it as well. (That is, if it's part of Sony's campaign)

[edit on 9/1/2006 by Thousand]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If you can give me a picture of the 7th giant, then I will lay this to rest.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Here are some ATS threads that discuss this viral marketing campaign.

I've been going through some of them and marking them 'Shadows of the Colossus' with the new thread tags feature. This might prove helpful, and it would be good to use a standard for identifying this ridiculous marketing campaign. If everyone uses that standardized tag, then it will be very easy to get to them, without having to mix it up with different and unrelated claims about giants or colossal things.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I got pics of all of them except the underwater/Hydrus colossus.
Their kinda small cuz their from photobucket which resized them. If someone U2U's me how to upload the original then I will.

Taurus Major / Quadratus

Big pic of Quadratus: img2.kult-mag.com...

Incan / Gaius

Iranian / Phalanx

Indian / Malus

There we are. Malus is kinda hard to make out so I definitely wanna get that bigger.

EDIT: Added some more pics (in game)

EDIT: Whoa, didn't realise I had a mod on side! Thanks for the links but I have already read those posts while squeezing a stress relief toy
Doubters type shadow of the colossus into google images and check the pics. Also gaming sites like IGN.com, gamespot.com and gamespy.com have pics.
DOWN WITH THE CAMPAIGN!!!

[edit on 10-1-2006 by JackofBlades]

[edit on 10-1-2006 by JackofBlades]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Yeah, this whole thing on "massive collossus found!" is really annoying when it interrupts real cryptozoology. I'm glad to see someone compiling a list of these fakes.

Wig

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The one on the beach, it is best to post the freeze from from the video showing the heiroglyphs, that is the est way to prove it is Sony.

This can also be done with Siberian giant but is not neccessary as the similarities are obvious.

All we are missing is the Sulu sea proof, the link given by Gemwolf showing thundalini (sp?) swimming in the sea is a good start, but we need more, not to convince me, but just to provide the proof. There is a photo on Ed guylers website of the spines maybe that will be useful for identifying it.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I would really appreciate it if other ATS'ers posted any other proof. C'mon lets end this, once and for all.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
could someone post these videos on an active link? I just found out about this throught the goblin man viral add for too human and even though I know these are fake it would just be cool to see.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
oh another one to end would be the Diesel viral add that run a muck last year. sigh it hurts actual investigations when big companies throw in bogus work.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Along these lines there was alot of marking like this for Coverfleid that gives some kind of conspiricy.. I thought it was worth nothing.

Also I used to have Shadow of the Colussos.. epic game. I never heard about this marking stuff tho. So i can help Identify them if you need help.

top topics

join