It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women who steal their man's food---

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
A second bit on women in relationships
Women and Food

I have found yet another interesting, yet apparently annoying, trend in women’s system of dating. Once again, as a woman, I am just as guilty of some of them as any other woman. I definitely don’t understand this one. But I am SO guilty of it.

You’re sitting on the couch with your boyfriend/husband/whatever. He says, “Hey, I’m pretty hungry-- You want something to eat?” and you simply reply that you’re not hungry, but that he should go ahead and get something for himself. What he doesn’t know is that this actually means “I’m pretending I don’t want food, but you better get some extra, because I’m planning on eating yours.”

We call it “tasting” or “picking.” But by the end of that sandwich, half or more has been consumed by us. And by the end of that sandwich, we have a cranky man who only wanted something to eat. As a woman who LOVES food, I sympathize with these men, yet the guys I have dated can tell you that I am incredibly guilty of this.

But why? What stops women from just having their own bowl of soup? It’s certainly not an attempt at looking “thin” from not eating--- It’s still eating, it’s still food, and it’s still calories, no matter whose plate it’s on.

So I keep asking myself why I, and millions of other women, do this. And, honestly, my answer would probably be different from some others. I steal a man’s food when I’m feeling obnoxious and know it will aggravate him. But I’m a little different from other women.
If it’s the intimacy of sharing, I know many a guy who would have no qualms with putting your food on his plate if it means you’ll leave his the hell alone.

Now while other problems between couples tend to have more difficult solutions or take serious compromising, this one seems fairly simple- Women, just stop eating your dude’s food. If he asks you if you want something to eat, and you do, EAT SOMETHING-- preferably of your own. I’ve had men tell me that they would be gladly willing to make me my own food if I’d just stay away from his.

Of all the complaints about women, this is quite possibly the one I’ve gotten most. And when I think about it, it really is a ridiculous thing for us women to do. So it will definitely be something I’ll have to work on as well. But for the record, men, your food is all yours!

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
lol i do this also, but you know what ! im still going to do it! lol

why should one change? ok im all for meeting in the middle but come on if this upsets and man the gee wizzzz they need to look at some real life issues,

I say blaa to the men, solve the problem! when she says no, make her a little anyways...

If we all did what the other sexes wanted it would be boring and no fun, a little difference is the spice....

+ if it annoys him then just another tool for the girls tool belt muhhahah

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
LOL

That just happened to me, not 20 minutes ago..
I said, do you want some reheated pasta, she says no.
SO I heat it up..bring it to the table, and she eats half..
Are there less calories, if you don't request it yourself?

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
LOL

So true! I've never met a woman who doesn't do this...even my mom is guilty!

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Ahh so this was what those questions were for last night, i my self hate it when this happens.

i will give you a dancing 'nanna for it.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
i am guilty!

i dont know what it is, only if you are at a meal can you eat your own food.

in the following places girls dont normally order food.

cinema, his house, anywhere really.

but behind closed doors we stuff our faces.

then we feel fat and dont eat in front of you men because we have had a sneaky big bag of crisps.

oni x x

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
why should one change? ok im all for meeting in the middle but come on if this upsets and man the gee wizzzz they need to look at some real life issues,

I say blaa to the men, solve the problem! when she says no, make her a little anyways...

If we all did what the other sexes wanted it would be boring and no fun, a little difference is the spice....

+ if it annoys him then just another tool for the girls tool belt muhhahah

well its pretty rude.

if i get a no, im not sharing or making more for her.

she wants food she better say yes or get off her butt and do it herself if she says no.

....exactly why i wouldnt do as you just suggested

if my she isnt polite, she wont be around very long :p

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Namehere, i compleatly agree with you.

If she wants it she can get it herself.

Or have a tin of

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I dont have a problem sharing my food with a woman. Never did. I can cook ..clean and all the stuff women do. I dont come to a woman for food..nor to provide here with food..either.
For some women this is a type of intimacy..acceptance. I have no problems with this.
With some women this is like a test...a sampling. I look into her to see if she is wondering how far she can push me ..like expanding or marking out territory..or raising her value in the marketplace..with me. How close and personal she can get ..before I balk at this. What is my breaking point?? How far can they go. Women usually want to know this kind of information.
Food is not it with me. If this is it they are plowing in the wrong fields. It is just not the test with me. My close and personal values lie elsewhere.

Alcor when I read this it cracked me up.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Orangetom, if that doesn't bug you, then you're a god among men. Because I've heard MILLIONS of complaints from guy after guy about doing this!

Oni--- I totally agree-- It's true! When the men aren't around we stuff our faces, but it's down to flat out sampling when he's present.

That is until I become extraordinarily comfortable in a relationship haha. Then I start eating more than he does and get funny looks for the first few times. Then, when events like man night come around, I'm looked upon as a wonder and the guy of the moment is seen as incredibly lucky to have a girlfriend who can shove that much food in her face. It's a win-win situation for a gal!

And picklewalsh-- Yeahyeah man--- I believe I explained it to you at the time, no? Haha!

The third bit on women in relationships is soon to arrive, I just have yet to figure out which topic I want to use. I've talked to about fifty men ((no exaggeration)) in the past couple of days and I've gotten a list three miles long of things that aggravate women, I just have to pick which one to use next. Thanks to all the ATS men who contributed!

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
You are very welcome, i think:shk:. errrm if i can help more then just ask

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
I dont have a problem sharing my food with a woman. Never did. I can cook ..clean and all the stuff women do. I dont come to a woman for food..nor to provide here with food..either.
For some women this is a type of intimacy..acceptance. I have no problems with this.
With some women this is like a test...a sampling. I look into her to see if she is wondering how far she can push me ..like expanding or marking out territory..or raising her value in the marketplace..with me. How close and personal she can get ..before I balk at this. What is my breaking point?? How far can they go. Women usually want to know this kind of information.
Food is not it with me. If this is it they are plowing in the wrong fields. It is just not the test with me. My close and personal values lie elsewhere.

That is a great post. I completely concur.

Women like to share food with their significant other. I love it, even when she says "no" beforehand and then does a 180 when the food arrives. Sharing food is intimacy, and besides you can always get more food if you're still hungry.

What my g/f likes to do is when we go out for dinner and dessert time comes, she'll say "no" to dessert and I'll say "yes" knowing that she'll end up sharing the dessert with me.

Peace

[edit on 9-1-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Great post Alcor! lol

I myself don't do it, I know better than to come between a man and his food ... because if a man even tried to come between me and my food we're gonna get ta fightin! lol

I am fascianted by the logic behind this tho

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Guilty. I do it.... but i honestly wasn't hungry when I was first asked. its just that the smell of his food is making my mouth water and I just gotta take a bite, and another...oh and maybe another....

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I don't think it has anything to do with calories at all. I think its because we feel like we are imposing on them if we make them make us something of our own. It's the submissive girly inside us, kinda the same reason why when they ask us what restaurant we want to eat at, a lot of us will say "I don't know"

Yeah I know, we are imposing on him by stealing his food as well, but i have an explanation for this too. If he has already the food for himself, and its already there, maybe we feel like taking a bite or two of the food he already made for himself isn't quite as imposing as if we were to have him make us a seperate plate for himself.

Make sense? Probably not, I never was good at explaining things.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
My Girlfriend does this all the time. It shouldn't be annoying: as Dr Love pointed out, sharing food is an intimate thing, and most of the time I'm happy to let her pick and share. I think the annoyance comes from our primal instincts, from the cavemans days, that we havent quite managed to evolve out of yet.

The funniest thing I find about it is that my girlfriend is a callorie counter, almost obsesivley, but things that she's swiped off my plate somehow dont count...

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Paul im a callorie counter and so are many women.

when you look at food which you ordered you see it going to your hips, bum, belly and arms....instantly! and you pick and eat the healthy bits.

but when it is on your plate it doesnt count because we didnt order it and and we are helping you to become healthy by taking all the bad bits out!!

(well thats what i tell myself!!)

oni x x

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
well now instead of a man with a sated appititte, you have a woman that got a free meal, and a hungrey man who is going to have to get more food

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I have no problems sharing my food with a woman, in this case my wife. Many times she samples what I am eating, or with nibble her way through a good portion. Also, when I ask her if she wants something, especially desert, she usually says no, so I bring her some anyway. Usually this pleases her and she eats what I bring - Must be something that has to do with evolution - LOL.

But, what irritates me to no end is the fact that she steals my water! I will be sitting there and suddenly her hand reaches for my glass and she pours 75 percent of my water into her glass!!!!
is all I can say! After 28 years of my complaining, she still does it. I think on purpose - just to irritate me.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
baby would get mad if I started calorie counting, he loves when it goes straight to my ass n thighs lol

I just never been one to do it I guess.

I think once we are married and living together we'll do more of this sharing food thing, right now I just cook and cook for him because poor thing is in the Navy and we all know they don't eat the most wholesome of foods lol

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join