It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony banks has died.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The former Labour Sports Minister Tony Banks has died after suffering a massive stroke.

The 62-year-old, who became Lord Stratford last year, collapsed on Thursday while on holiday in Florida.

He had been left "effectively brain dead" by the stroke and was being taken to a hospice when he died.

He and his wife Sally had been staying with friends on Sanibel Island when he collapsed.

Prime Minister Tony Blair has paid tribute to the peer saying: "Tony Banks was one of the most charismatic politicians in Britain, a true man of the people.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.sky.com...

A great loss to British politics.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yeah, that's a great pity.

Tony Banks was (whether one agreed with his politics or not) a straight talking and decent man with a passionate and honest concern for the well-being of those less fortunate than most.

He was first a councillor and then later the MP just down the road from me in a nearby constituency so I knew a fair bit about what he did, although I didn't know him personally.

[edit on 9-1-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I trust he was wearing a Tottenham away strip and holding a bottle of Becks when he shuttled off this mortal coil as this is the official uniform of the British in Florida.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Winchester Ranger T
I trust he was wearing a Tottenham away strip and holding a bottle of Becks when he shuttled off this mortal coil as this is the official uniform of the British in Florida.

ashame he supported Chelsea,like me, not spurs.

[edit on 14-1-2006 by infinite]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
My bad, order Tony's shroud here

new topics

top topics

join