It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dupont refuses to say how C-8 is formed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

The Environmental Protection Agency wants to know a lot more about the fate and breakdown of chemicals the DuPont Co. makes or sells for use at its Chambers Works plant in New Jersey and other sites around the globe to make nonstick, nonstain, grease-repellent products (i.e. Teflon).

The EPA stated that Dupont must spend $5 million on a three year study of 9 flourotelomer-based products and chemicals. The research work is part of a $16.5 million penalty because Dupont failed to report water pollution, human blood contamination and toxic hazards connected with the production of Teflon and other non-stick materials

source:
www.delawareonline.com.../20051218/NEWS/512180321/-1/NEWS01

There's that name again: DUPONT. What a surprise that Dupont would hide its usual practice of contaminating the planet and committing genocide so it can continue to make billions upon billions of dollars off of dead consumers!

BTW: C-8 is aka Perfluorooctanoic Acid

Dupont officials have repeatedly stated that they are not aware of any health hazards posed by this or any other materials produced at their plants.
That's the funniest thing I have heard in a long time!

edit to state: sorry forgot to put first two paragraphs in quotes!

[edit on 8/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hmm, my dad used to work for DuPont in the 90s. I'll have to ask him if he knows anything about Teflon or worked on it at all.

*add's Teflon to my Slowly Killing Ourselves thread*

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Yarcofin]

new topics

join