It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awareness? What?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have recently started to look at awareness as being somewhat looked at wrongly....Mabey.

From my studies it would seem that awareness might act as a backwards hourglass.Where as when we are born our minds are completely open and curious.
Imagine what the mind of a grownup would be like if they wernt taught anything? Who knows...

This would make it hard to understand what an open mind would be?

But as we go along in time we fill up our hourglass with little grains of knowledge and experience,as we decide what is reality based on what we
hear and think ourselves our time fills up making it harder to stay openminded.In this regards I am studying what i think the effect of this might be in regards to ageing.

What does anyone else think?

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I definately see the point your trying to make. Heres the way I view it: the stress of life begins to take its toll on us, we worry more, and we lose focus of our surroundings. Personally, I believe that prehistoric people (Cavepeople) were probably more advanced spiritually simply because their minds were not filled with everything our's are today. Like you said, I think our "reality" is created by what goes on around us, which is a lot. So the less that goes on around us will make us more aware. Unfortunately, we can't really ignore what goes on for it is vital part of our lives. Now, I embark on a journey to eat dinner while I try helplessly to bend the spoon with my mind. Tata

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Most definatly not.But this is where i wonder about the direction.Do we all have the ability to become numb to the influences of our surroundings.I know many people whos lives are mostly wrapped up in living the "american dream"or going against it or whatever.It depends on what you believe...Again direction.

Do we have choice in what we do and say .
What is it that makes us think.Our brains have to be a central information centre but for what.Do we get signals from elsewhere.Every single word in a book is a thought just like these are.So why do people determine what is true and not true based on what they read and hear?

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Perhaps awareness lies within our past, memories locked away to keep us safe? and above all to instill us with purpose. If we were to know everything where would be the purpose anymore?

[edit on 9-1-2006 by Siphous]

[edit on 9-1-2006 by Siphous]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What makes me wonder most is the reasonment i made about it: i agree with toraylin in saying that in our childhood we are more openminded, and probably perceive things (in a way) we forget as we grow older, probably because other people "teach" us that such things are impossible and unnatural.

But now i wonder, when and where did this process begin? I mean, humanity has had its evolution; everybody has been born as child, openminded and "pure".
Probably, in early centuries, humans could perceive thing that today we usually can't.
So, when did we start to unlearn? Who was the first one to say that some things are impossible? When? And why?

[edit on 9-1-2006 by Sparhawk]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This is where it gets a little tricky neighbour.
It seems that the evolution of the human entity works in a weird way.(hypothetical analysis)

Lets say in a fasion of physical evolution our minds and souls are going forward.As we develope forward.A veil so to say of awakeining is present as we move towards it,it moves towards us.When the two collide we hit a changeing point where scociety and what we have learned starts to peel back as awareness of what we are not what we know so far starts to flow over us.This can result in much,and there are many variables involved here.Whether or not people get so far what happens if they reach the veil.
Just an opinion sparhawk....mine.,hehe

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Sounds a good point to me, neighbour.

I'd like to add some other 2 cents with another hypothesis.
I don't know if with knowledge you're talking 360 degrees or not, because i'd rather speak about technological knowledge. I mean, the average person could think years of training to learn to heal with energy are useless, since today we've got medicines. Telepathy? A cell phone is lots easier to use. Remote viewing? We've got TV.
Spirituality and awareness? No thanks, talk shows are enough.

I don't mean to start a "flame" against technology, i love it and when used properly it may be a great help. but IMHO people, as they progressed in their discoveries, have preferred to rely and become dependant on it (because it's easier to learn and, under certain aspects, easier to handle and control), instead of keep on growing in awareness and spirituality.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparhawk
I don't mean to start a "flame" against technology, i love it and when used properly it may be a great help. but IMHO people, as they progressed in their discoveries, have preferred to rely and become dependant on it (because it's easier to learn and, under certain aspects, easier to handle and control), instead of keep on growing in awareness and spirituality.

I would ike to add to your post on your technology point Sparhawk with my hypothesis.
Not only are we "Dependent" on this technology but I think it is actually a big part of the "Hinderence" we experience when we try to become more aware spiritualy.
I mean just look at all the different Environmental "stimuli" we are bombarded with on a daily basis, The radiations from electricity, EMF fields, Microwave fields, ETC..
The human body is (IMO) an electrical circuit through a chemical process, where as these fields are interfering with,blocking in a sense, our ability to focus completely, kind of like a computer, you introduce an outside influence like lets say...heat, directly to the computers motherboard, it will slow down its proccesses and possibly have crashes, gliches in software, maybe even burn something internal. This is just a thought, What do you guys think?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I think you're right. You're not the first person i hear this theory from and, i repeat, i think it's a good one.

Now that i think of it, i remember one thing that happened to me at the beginning of my first work experience. It was an office job, so i mainly remained seated for 8 hours a day. Anyway, during the first months i got the (bad) habit of keeping my cell phone in the right pocket of my pants. Well, after some weeks my right testicle (sp?) started aching and hurting. It wasn't unbearable, but still very unpleasant and annoying.

At first i was puzzled, and thought it could have been because of my sitting position, but then, after trying some other positions, i begun to worry since the ache wasn't stopping (if i remember correctly, it was growing little by little over time).

So, i started leaving my cell phone on my desk. The pain faded in a couple of days.

So, if the relatively weak electromagnetic field of a cell phone has messed with my body, i don't dare to think how much all the other radiations can mess with our brain/mind!!

[edit on 10-1-2006 by Sparhawk]

[edit on 10-1-2006 by Sparhawk]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Its funny how with only a few hundred years of technology getting to where we are now.We find ourselves(in the city ecspeacialy)surrounded entirely by electricity and filling the air with signals beamed off this and that.Yet has anyone even thought about the long term effects of all of this?

Let alone the rammifications of using different kinds of chemicals to manipulate the human system?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
Where as when we are born our minds are completely open and curious.

Children are born with knowledge and a memory of the places they came from.

By the time they are old enough to talk their minds are already filled with the experiences of this world given to them by parents and the environment, they start to forget and start learning what is given to them.

Usually by age 4 the child already will have their minds mold to the believes and traditions of their family.

The first learning experiences starts at home, he will start learning what the parents and closes family relatives teach them. This is the begining of morals, values and family believes and religion.

By the time they enter school they already have their minds set and the school will reinforce what they have learned at home.

You are right on your views.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have thought about it alot lately, we are slowly altering our genetic makeup with each generation of our offspring, kind of scary really what our children and their children's children genetic makeup will be like in the future.

It will only get worse before it gets better!!

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
marg6043..
See I guess im lucky as some would call it.

My brain doesnt work like most.Ive had extreme what they call hyper-active defecit disorder.By the time I was in grade two I was held back and put on ritalin for not paying attention in class.Then they shipped me off to a speacial learn how to act with others class.

But before that I spent alot of time in the hospital eith problems with my head and stuff.I remember back to when I was two years old and almost every moment since.Not to say every one but most.

It was when i was 6 years old that I realized that the rest of the people around me wernt right for some reason.Everything seemed wrong and still does although im now 24 and much more intelligent than I was back then I am and have maintained(with help from friends...QA)Myself and who Ive been since I was so small.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I also had memories that never went away as I got older, but I am older so ritalin and other drugs used now were not in available in my time.

I also had problem with friends because I always questioned everything and that is a no-no when you are a child in our society.

I could also see things that others could not creating a very hard time when I was a child.

As you get older you get better and you will train yourself to control it.

Never let anybody tell you that you are not right and that you are no normal.

I agree with you when you said that you see others not right.

Is not that they are not right but is the fact that you see reality in a more logical way.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Don't mention it Toraylin!! I live in a city (quite crowded, too, at least for Italian standards), and with electric lines, cell phones, radios, WI-FI, and this and that i don't dare to think how many radiations we're receiving!!

They say cell phones aren't dangerous, etc... well, i don't mean to discredit scientists and experts, but personally i find my right testicle ways more reliable!!!

About the ADD, i've read that many children of our age (i'm 24 too) had this kind of disorder, and many were given ritalin... many of them, according to what i read, should be Indigo.

Anyway, i don't know if i've ever had ADD... i only know that as a child i usually gave lots of hard time to my family, both because of continue questioning (luckily, i can say i have two excellent parents, how always taught me to think with my head and try to find answers with "research" and reasonment), and because until 4 i always ran and never walked... oh yes, and during the first year of school i returned home with bad notifications almost every day... what a baaaad boy!

I don't have many memories about that period of time tho... well, to be honest, i find it pretty hard to remember things older than three weeks, so its not a big surprise i don't remember what happened years ago...

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well Sparhawk.I truly am glad for you.With the amount of information exchange we(indigo)go through to have the extra times and places going through your thoughts at all times can make for a very unstable timeline.

If I get too stuck on something I can actually oobe in time.The more I visit the memory on an obsesive level.Reality starts to go away as I live the moment over and over.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well, for me it's a bit different neighbour... i dunno how to properly explain it, but it's as if time had no value to me.

I mean, i don't manage to remember things happened three weeks ago, but it doesn't mean i don't remind things.

What i lack is the when, something like if the only important thing is the experience, and not when it has been experienced... dunno if i managed to properly explain myself.

It often gets messy, trust me

new topics

top topics

join