God(s)

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Ok here is a theory, I have been working on, for the past couple months.

"God" who is it?

Before the time was time. There were other "Gods". They tried creating a perfect world, and failed many times.

Lets go into some other religions:

Egypt (2900- 20 AD)

Greek (2900-1 BC)

Celtic (2900-1 BC)

Norse (2900- 200 AD)

Hmmm noticing a pattern here.

The list goes on for each one, they have a bunch of Major "Gods" and "Goddess"
Now on to the more modern day ones.

Judiasm (1 BC-Present)

Christianity (1 BC- Present)

Islam (1 BC- Present)

People forget about the old religions, because they don't exist anymore.
Now here is where my theory comes in.

What if the "Gods" of the old religions failed at their creations. So they decided to leave and start up a single "God" to see if that is where they failed.

Now there is no one "God", that is just a way to see if it will work. They failed when the people killed "Jesus". "Jesus" was a supreme being, not the supreme being. It was because of the death of "Jesus" that major religion wars started.

Now the "God" that you think, you know is not real, its just a made up story to get the masses under their control. It worked so far.

All of the creation myths have a similar backround. No matter what religion you look into, they are all the based off the same things.

Now that you have the information, question the facts, do research, figure out on your own.

www.loggia.com...
www.ugcs.caltech.edu...
www.ancientgreece.com...
ancienthistory.com...
www.bbc.co.uk...
celts.org.uk...
www.hol.gr...
sobek.colorado.edu...

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Jesus was killed to sacrifice himself for the sins that we have done. It wasn't neccessarily because of Jesus' death that so many religious wars have been started. The crusades were an attempt to regain the Holy Lands against the Islamic arabs, but not entirely because the Jews were responsible for killing Jesus.

The reason because the pagan religions have died out is due to the influences of various cultures and science. In ancient times during the Roman Empire, they believed in many gods and Christianity was outlawed. Then Constantinople legalised Chirstianity to the extent that everyone in the Roman empire had to worship him.
With science, some myths declare that the water was created by the tears of a dying god etc...but we now know that not to be true.

As for most religions being similar, you could use that as a evidence for a God. That being different people's interpretations of a particular event.
Yes, various religions do bounce off each other.
The Bible's Old Testament is more or less the Torah and Judaism, Christianity and Islam do have some of the same prophets such as Abraham. Even Islam recognises Jesus as a prophet but Christianity doesn't recognise Mohammed (I think).

I don't see why a group of gods would create a God.
Or are you saying man left the gods for God?

(a god is a supreme being, the three main stream religions are monotheistic meaning they believe in one God. I forget the official deffinition of God compared to god.)

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Or, maybe as man progressed intellectually, the concept of multiple Gods just wasn't viable any longer.
Maybe the Gods collaborated and formed a council to act in unison, thus creating the illusion of just 1 God...

Just my 2 cents,
Lex

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The Catholic aproach to the wonders of God and religion is that he is omnipotent. He's all knowing, all powerful which would mean He knew everything, such to the extent to that which we can't think about. Like "what's outside the universe?" you can't comprehend what's outside because it's completely beyond our imagination and understanding. So, how God created the world, why evil things happens is beyond our knowledge which is why we have faith.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Your polytheistic examples only take in a relatively concentrated area of geography, the Mediterranean, the Middle East and Northern Europe - What about India, South America, China, Japan, North America, Australia, Southern Africa?.........

Monotheism was introduced into Egypt by Akenaton

Your monotheistic examples are all of the same root belief system, the Abrahamic religious line, I'd say they only represent 1 example of monotheism.

Also, I'd consider a lot of what ALL religions publish in terms of their official endocrines and systems of belief to be largely allegorical, so to say one belief is monotheistic and another polytheistic is a very superficial overview, and under that is a more abstract outlining of an omnipotent pantheistic or panetheistic view of God.

[edit on 8-1-2006 by VelvetSplash]

new topics

join