It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liquid Television

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Did anyone here watch Liquid Television?
What were your favorite toons?

Don't know what it is? heres a wikipedia entry Liquid Television

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
AEON Flux - All of them but especially the one that keeps switching from one main character to another as each "hero" get's killed by the next.

The 3D computer graphic mixed with drawn animation, I don't know the actual title of it. But it's the one with the giant cockroach smashing up everything and the little kid who kills it with the bug spray.

I also liked the detective story that used all the random postcards with strange pictures on them and somehow linked them together into one story that made sense. Usually started out with the narrator saying, "Hello mum..."

I also remember one about some wacked out sock puppets that were making a sandwich. Don't remember too much about it now other than, "Salami!!! yeah Salami!!!......Grape Jam man, yah, grape jam!!!" Then somehow they go crazy at the end and try and kill each other or something...

Here is the kicker though, maybe you can help me out with this. I do believe this was shown on Liquid TV but I could be wrong. Anyway, can you tell me what the name of the animation is that has a race track out in space shaped like a big ring. The main character is racing around the track but instead of other normal racers going against him, he's racing against all the ghost racers who have died in the past while racing against him. The ghosts keep slowly passing him no matter how fast he pushes his vehicle, which hovers above the raceway BTW. Anyway, he just keeps pushing it faster and faster trying to win until he goes so fast his car, followed by his own flesh, are basically ripped slowly away one piece at a time from the speed and he vaporizes himself on the track.

It was done in a style similar to "Ninja Scroll" or something like that. Good quality, realistic art. With graphic slow motion shots of his skin and muscle tissue being torn away. Flashbacks to set the mood of the story. Great stuff!! If you or anyone else know's what I'm talking about I'd appreciate the heads up!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The only thing I remember from that was Aeon Flux...

There was some cool and not so cool stuff there though....really weird stuff....

new topics

join