It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ministers 'Bless' Seats in Alito Hearing Room

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Three Christian ministers 'blessed' the doors of the hearing room and snuck into the room and annointed the seats with oil, in a 'consecration service'. Their intention being to include God in the upcoming confirmation hearings of the Supreme Court nominee, Judge Samuel Alito.

God apparently needs to be involved

Capitol Hill police barred them from entering the room to continue what they called a consecration service. But in a bit of one-upsmanship, the three announced that they had let themselves in a day earlier, touching holy oil to the seats where Judge Alito, the senators, witnesses, Senate staffers and the press will sit, and praying for each of the 13 committee members by name.

"We did adequately apply oil to all the seats," said the Rev. Rob Schenck, who identified himself as an evangelical Christian and as president of the National Clergy Council in Washington.
Rev. Schenck said he and Rev. Mahoney had blessed the same room before hearings for Chief Justice John Roberts last year. That hearing "went very well," Rev. Schenck said.

Oh, for Christ's sake! These people should be arrested!

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
no, it's very simple. if they as ministers want to involve themselfs with politics.. then they lose their tax exempt status.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I think it's weird that they just nonchalantly accept the fact that anyone can get into the hearing rooms. "Oh we'll sweep for bombs and bugs later."

How reassuring...

Also, I wonder how much oil they put on the seats... I'd be pretty annoyed!

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If those three could enter the room and leave behind
a substance on the furniture ... how hard would it be
for someone else with much more deadly intentions
to go in and leave behind something more sinister?

Anthrax for example?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
If those three could enter the room and leave behind
a substance on the furniture ... how hard would it be
for someone else with much more deadly intentions
to go in and leave behind something more sinister?

Anthrax for example?

I hadn't even thought of this! But it's a very good point.

Djarums - The article said they adequately applied the oil, so I imagine a nice silk skirt could have been ruined! Eeeww! And it also said they swept for bombs and perhaps bugs.

Seems kinda lax to me!

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
sorry, just can't resist this one.....
after they blessed the chairs that the congressemen and women were to sit in, ummm......by any chance did any of the congressmen or women really seem uncomfortable? or maybe smoke streaming up from a few backs.....

okay, back to being serious I guess.....can my coven come tomorrow and cleanse the place, ya know burn some incense, say a few chants, ect???

and well, just to cover my hide....

Under Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Part I, Section 223(C), I expressly deny and disclaim any and all intention to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person, during all written communications delivered by means of the Internet. ALL POSTINGS "AS IS".

really, ain't trying to annoy, just trying to put a smile on one or two faces....maybe.....

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
sorry, just can't resist this one.....
after they blessed the chairs that the congressemen and women were to sit in, ummm......by any chance did any of the congressmen or women really seem uncomfortable? or maybe smoke streaming up from a few backs.....

okay, back to being serious I guess.....can my coven come tomorrow and cleanse the place, ya know burn some incense, say a few chants, ect???

Please do! And bring a few smudge sticks. There's a lot of cleaning to do. Several factions of evil.

Under Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Part I, Section 223(C), I expressly deny and disclaim any and all intention to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person, during all written communications delivered by means of the Internet. ALL POSTINGS "AS IS".

I find this fairly annoying. That means it's annoying. Your intent don't matter none.

Oh, and MrBunny, I couldn't agree more! If only!

[edit on 10-1-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
You know that sounds like some kind of voodoo or spiritism to me.

Since went religious leaders are now anointing the seats of the white hosue.

I am very surprised that such an ancient ritual that can be linked to occult is widely and openly practiced by religious ministers.

In the Caribbean that is well know as the "Cleansing" and "Opening Doors" so the person in question can have a smooth transition or an easy time.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Pentecostals will sometimes do it....

I once went to a tent revival of David Terrels (spelling might be off), that was borderline occult, really. the props he had on stage were awesome, and well, before the service, some of the women actually went around and annointed the four corners....

funny thing is, though. I had a chat with one of these women, and well, the same things that I disagreed with the common doctrines of the churches she did. and well, we did have a tornado jump over the tent while I was there, so I guess you could call that a sign if you wanted.

top topics

join