It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colliding With A UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
now this is what i call a close encounter

www.hostileinvader.com...

Graham

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm not great while flying at the best of times, I had a door-seal go on me once, which was bad enough, but this - this would be the end of my nerves altogether!

Can't get much closer than hittin' the thing!

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Heading to miami, we left a wheel in London once. That was an interesting landing, emergency vehicles, local press, etc.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
lol yeah what happened to the wheel Zzub did it just break off?

Graham

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well, the first thing I knew was at about 6 in the morning, about an hour away from Miami.

The captain announced "Ladies and gentlemen, when we approach the runway, you will see quite a few emergency vehicles. Do not panic. Heathrow called us last night to say that we had left a wheel and part of the landing gear on the runway. This should not be a problem as the aircraft is designed so that losing a wheel or two is not a problem".

My brain picked out the phrase "Do not panic". This is not what you want to hear from a pilot!

As we approached the runway, I could see the emergency vehicles (at least 10) lined up near the runway. My mind was picturing the plane digging a huge trench in the runway.

We landed very delicately, definitely favoring the intact side of the plane.

In the end, it turned out that we had had a tire blowout which had knocked something else off. A modern 747 has quite a few wheels on each landing gear, so we were fine.

I just wish he hadn't woken us up to give us an hour to worry about our impending doom!
He he.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
lol well at least you got on the telly eh lol

Graham

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Heathrow called us last night to say that we had left a wheel and part of the landing gear on the runway. This should not be a problem as the aircraft is designed so that losing a wheel or two is not a problem".

My brain picked out the phrase "Do not panic". This is not what you want to hear from a pilot!

I would think that "we had left a wheel and part of the landing gear on the runway" would be something you wouldn't want to hear, hehe.... Sometimes, pilots give us WAY too much info on what's wrong with the plane... I wish they'd simply say..."we're having some minor technical problems, and the emergency vehicles are simply there as an added precaution..."
Sometimes, ignorance is bliss, such as in this case.... a clear deviation from the stated mission here, but true nonetheless, hehe....

[Edited on 29-9-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
lol, something broke off the plane? That must have sucked to be woken up or whatever during a flight if it wasn't a problem. Glad to see you're okay.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
i saw this on a UFO tv show with the REAL audeo taps

seams like ufos are just like peaple they crash ever so often

roswell 1947, and otheres theres a MPEG video of a UFO crashing

give me ur email ill send it its small if your big into ufps you proubly already seen this,..

top topics

join