It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Considerations of Why Full Disclosure About Aliens May Be Impossible At This Time, Sorry Folks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The only reason there has been no alien disclosure is because there is no visible alien presence.

Be careful, I am not saying that there are no aliens whatsoever in the universe. I am saying that if there are aliens, we certainly have not detected them so far.

My arguments are:

a) if aliens were so smart to reach Earth, then they would know how to hide from us.

b) the "government" or any other institution/organization consists of many individuals. At least one member would have came forward. Not all members of an institution can agree to a policy 100% all the time.

c) all leaders are being spied upon. There are bugs almost in every office. If one of them knew something, it would have been out by now.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor

First off I beleive that governments all over the world including the USA do not have anymore information then the general public does. I think if you were to get disclosure you would get alot of the same info that is already public knowledge.

In regards to national security issues I know if I was in the position of many politicians, generals or other government personell I would be worried about foreign objects inmy skies. It is quite a logical assumption the UFO's and national security would go hand and hand.

I strongly agree with you. Unknown aircraft in our skies most assuredly would be an incursion from an unknown, and trigger both precautionary measures and perhaps in provoke technological inventiveness. As a result one would expect to see a boom in technology, as things are usually invented out of necessity.

I beleive disclosure will not happen because their is nothing to disclose. Sure they might have more pictures or witness reports. But captured alien wreckage and recovered bodies or living EBE's is just well not possible. If they could travel here then the logical assumption is that they are hundreds or thousands of years ahead. They would be well aware of our technological capabilities. I have heard speculation that they have shot down alien wreckage. However this is just not feasable nor is it feasable to assume that they would be building craft with flaws that would cause it to crash.

Am I to assume they would be perfect in all respects, and incapable of not forseeing unknown variables prior to the development of their craft? I would like to point out that humanity has the technology to split atoms and travel to the moon, and yet we have fatal automobile accidents every second on our planet.

In regards to aliens with humanoid shapes like the greys for example is not logical either. Evolution on an alien planet would not be the same as here on Earth since evolution is a random process of genetically fluking out as life attempts to adapt.................... ... ...... ....

Life in the universe would be just as diverse as it is here on Earth if not more so and thus alien lifeforms cannot be predicted by the human race since we have not ventured outward to other stars. It may be just as likely we find lifeforms that have learned to live in the vacuum of space only using light as a fuel source to keep themselves going. Human characteristics are native to Earth and not other worlds since they would have evolved under different circumstances.

They may have developed under different circumstances, however they may have begun under very similar circumstances. I agree life is very diverse. We have lifeforms here on Earth that are extremely deverse. For Example:
1) microbial lifeforms millions of years old have been thawed out of the permafrost in Fox Tunnel / Fox Cavern in Alaska, and were still alive.
2) microbial lifeforms that live in boiling hot sulfur water in hot springs in Yellowstone National Park, and other places worldwide.
3) Life that lives 3+ miles down on the ocean floor living off the energy that "smokers" (underwater thermal vents) provide, and in an environment devoid of all light.
4) Microbial life found embedded hundreds of feet within solid rock, and surviving off the nutrienst in the rock to live.

However, this does not mean that aliens that resemble us and are humanoid are absolutely improbable. On the contrary. It may be more plausible that they do look like us in more respects than not.

There is a theory bouncing around called "Panspermia".

Panspermia is the belief that life originated elswhere and microbial life frozen safely within comets, meteors, and the like, that were carrying similar dna to other lifeforms elswhere travelled here to Earth safely and planted the seeds of life here. Or perhaps even joined life here on Earth. So if the seeds of life were spread around in the galaxy, or universe, life may indeed hold similar characteristics elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
The only reason there has been no alien disclosure is because there is no visible alien presence.

I'm not in the habit of trying to convince people otherwise. However, saying that there is no visible evidence may be a little too drastic. Saying that there is no impiracle or undeniable proof may be more apropriate.

Consider this:
In what is current day Iraq, a tablet was unearthed that was written around 5,600 B.C.. The tablet is the earliest known record of the utilization of beasts of burden and wheeled carts in order for humans to travel from a point A to a point B.

Let's fast forward to 1902 A.D., over 7,500 years later. What do we find? Over 99% of the population of this planet still using beasts of burden and carriages to get from point A to point B. And, also Ford's introduction of the mass production of the Model-T using assembly lines.

67 years later we are walking on the moon.

7,500+ years of ox / horsedrawn / mule / donkey / camel travelling.

1902 we begin using the automobile on a grand scale.

67 years later mankind is walking on the moon.

The only reason this is so easy to believe is because you know technology begets technology. But at this rate? Consider that you simply have no accumilated experiences to compare this version of history to. There really isn't anything that says this in improbable, is there?

c) all leaders are being spied upon. There are bugs almost in every office. If one of them knew something, it would have been out by now.

I refer you to my signature and what then president Truman stated openly in the early 1950s.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
"There is a theory bouncing around called "Panspermia". "

The problem with this is that all life in the universe would have had to begun at one central point meaning that either.

1: Life originated as microbes on a world that was destroyed and scattered

2: Life originated in the vacuum of space

I think it is more logical to assume that planets with life could have came to fruition this way but most would have lucked out and just developed it with whatever neccisary building blocks which have been prooven to develope naturally like proteins and amino acids the building blocks of the first life.

Even still I will not rule this out as an impossibility but I would say it is highly unlikely that all life in the universe originated at one central point and spread. The universe is so vast that it would seem illogical. I beleive life will form under the right conditions with the right ingredients whatever they may be. From a human point of view it would be nice to think aliens were humanoid but I beleive this notion popularized in sci-fi is probably not the case. Earth has undergone almost complete extinction like the dinosaurs which I am sure if survived would have evolved eventually some intellegent species through time. Not every planet has the same history and the same composition as Earth.

I beleive planets if they have the right materials and the right enviroment which ever that may be can develope life on it's own.

The problem with that theory is it does proove my point in a way. That life would have had of developed somewhere thus one can conclude that life can develope on it's own as well.

Where did the life in comets come from? How was it able to survive the extreme heat of atmospheric entry?

Darwins theory of evolution has been prooven in my opinion studies have shown this to be quite accurate.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor

The problem with that theory is it does proove my point in a way. That life would have had of developed somewhere thus one can conclude that life can develope on it's own as well.

Progressive lifeforms capable of adaptation to it's environment would eventually have some impact upon eachother. And given the fact that scientists have in experiments made a cluster of a billion molecules (visible to the naked eye) made the same cluster of molecules be in 2 different places at the same time..... Think about it. It is the same object in 2 different places at the same time.

It is time travel if in fact it is the same object in 2 places at the same time. So who is to discount that visitations are not from the future?

Where did the life in comets come from? How was it able to survive the extreme heat of atmospheric entry?

The extreme heat you speak of would exist, but mostly on the exterior of the rock. The frozen interior may not reach such hot temperatures. And, the frozen microbials within could live for millions of years in stasis, and within solid rock, both of which we find here on Earth.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I thought i would make an effort to revive an old thread, to see if anyone has any constructive thoughts to contribute, or to just thumb through the previous posts.

I would like to explore why full disclosure would be or is suppressed at this time. There are some very good reasons for such motivation in this speculatory thread. Perhaps someone here could think of the right question to ask, or address a previous statement or question in a new light????

Please make an effort to steer away from the negative and belittling comments, it has been my observation that these tactics usually retard attempts to get closer to the truth.

Thanks in advance for your positive contributions.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Consider this:
In what is current day Iraq, a tablet was unearthed that was written around 5,600 B.C.. The tablet is the earliest known record of the utilization of beasts of burden and wheeled carts in order for humans to travel from a point A to a point B.

Let's fast forward to 1902 A.D., over 7,500 years later. What do we find? Over 99% of the population of this planet still using beasts of burden and carriages to get from point A to point B. And, also Ford's introduction of the mass production of the Model-T using assembly lines.

67 years later we are walking on the moon.

7,500+ years of ox / horsedrawn / mule / donkey / camel travelling.

1902 we begin using the automobile on a grand scale.

67 years later mankind is walking on the moon.

The only reason this is so easy to believe is because you know technology begets technology. But at this rate? Consider that you simply have no accumilated experiences to compare this version of history to. There really isn't anything that says this in improbable, is there?

This quote hits it right on the head for me. I ask people the same question over and over and never get an answer which answers the question. How could we go so many thousands of years with basically no technological advances and in the last, as you said, 67, leap to where we are today? We must have had some type of help along the way. There was a reason for the speed up. There was a change in our thinking.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I don't think aliens are responsible for the massive leaps in tech we've made in the last century, I think it's just a snowball effect.
We could probably be much further along if it weren't for the Dark Ages.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Anyone have any thoughts of why FULL disclosure may not even be an option at this time?

Please share your opinion, or your insights as to why it would be justified.

Perhaps we could make some progress by looking at the problem from a slightly different angle.

So what would JUSTIFY the secrecy in your opinion?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I think you should imagine full disclosure did happen. And I mean spend one week living your life as if you now know that a superior species now exists over your head flying freely around to do as they please.

1) Wake up...flip on the TV to see if the aliens are doing anything (nothing)
2) Get ready for work or school..."Why am I going to work if the aliens can do all this in a snap of a finger or know a more efficient way"..."Why am I going to school when the aliens already know every answer I'm looking for, why aren't they teaching me?"
3) Drive your Car..."Why am I polluting the atmosphere with this car? Why aren't the aliens telling us how to make better cars?"
4) Work..."Well this sucks, I wonder why I need to make this money when the aliens probably could give me everything I desired to buy."
5) You feel sick...hosipital or do you beg for alien intervention
6) Hungry...I bet those aliens have an easy way to keep off weight. Heck I wonder if they eat people?
7) Go home to family...Older kid doesn't want to study, thinks aliens will either solve everything or make him a slave. Wife/husband wishes for aliens to fix dinner and clean dishes quicker. Younger kid either loves aliens or is afraid of them and asks questions about them that a parent can't honestly answer.
8) Go to bar...See lots of scientists; "We're out of a job, the aliens know more than us and our life's work is just a line in their history books already."
9) Turn on News...World thinks USA is lying about having inside info on Aliens since they hid it for so long. Conspiracies and fear over whether the USA has super weapons, or if the USA is being controlled by aliens as a puppet state. Islamist call for war.
10) Go to church...Universal Biblical Reformiststs find a way to encorporate aliens now into Bible, UBR haters claim they are falling for demons. Some begin to ask why the aliens stood by when so many natural and unnatural disasters happened? Why didn't they help? Do they believe in God, Jesus, Mohammed, or anything?
11) Get on internet...Conspiracies and dreamers debate humanity's worth and new course since the aliens have already "beaten us to the punch". What are we to work for? Should we work? Are the aliens telling us the truth? Why can't we go to their planets? Why don't they trust us with a ship to see on our own?

This may be a little silly, but honestly try to imagine life where a superior intelligence reveals itself. What blows to the human ego would occur that would topple the way we live? Depending on the daily impact the aliens had on our lives from none to integrated...our world would change in ways we may not think about. We are possibly inviting the Gods of Olympus back down on us.

I think only the very spiritual (not religious) or non-ego centered (Buhddists...though I'm sure they would like some opinions from the aliens) individuals would be able to handle this revelation without stress.

I think a LOT of suspicion would be pointed at the US, so I think the US doesn't see any benefit in revealing what they know. Once they pop the cork, they would have even more questions to answer (which no one would believe-"you lied to us once already"), which they probably couldn't answer anyway. So I think some officials figure "Let the aliens reveal themselves...better that they take the heat and suspicion than us getting ourselves into a war or being boycotted financially by the world." That's what I think is really going on behind closed doors; the USA can't win.

Finally as I've said in many posts before, disclosure doesn't really disclose anything it "OPENS" more questions. How do you know or prove anything the aliens say or do is true? You can't. We are all children stuck in our playpen of Earth while the aliens zip around and tell us what they want to tell us. Tough life to live possibly. You now have to trust the aliens and hope they are willing to put us on equal footing with them. They haven't done that yet or even said they will.

All we supposedly hear from the aliens is: "Save your planet...it's dying", not "we are going to save your planet". The aliens want us to stick around here for a little longer for some reason. I don't think what they are doing and saying tells me that they are trying to encorporate us into the "Federation". I think revealing themselves will make people demand that the aliens "save us" as proof of their good will. Maybe they can't. Maybe they will reveal that this is all an illusion and that consciousness is all that matters.

A lot of unknowns. People don't like unknowns, they like security. Are you willing to reveal the aliens and take the chance that humanity has the sanity to survive over time?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic
I think you should imagine full disclosure did happen. And I mean spend one week living your life as if you now know that a superior species now exists over your head flying freely around to do as they please.

This may be a little silly, but honestly try to imagine life where a superior intelligence reveals itself. What blows to the human ego would occur that would topple the way we live? Depending on the daily impact the aliens had on our lives from none to integrated...our world would change in ways we may not think about.

I know what you are saying. And, I believe this is good advice, for those who can, to do so.

Try viewing the world, and your environment as though they have arrived, and without the prejudices to which we have been conditioned, look around at what has been going on.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Atomic,
john

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
There could be many, many reasons why ET's may not choose to show them self. I will say some of the ones I can think of:

Technological: Aliens may not communicate with cultures which have not hit a certain technological level, like the Prime Directive in Start Trek.

Govornment: What govorning system is in place on a planet. Maybe they will only communicate with planets which have an honest fully democratic world govornment.

Cultural: How the population of a planet goes about every day activities. How truths and religion are accepted. How trade and money affect the planet.

I would say the biggest problems we have right now are with govornment and cultural problems.

Currently the human race is far to sepratist, diving the planet here there and everywhere with "imaginery" lines. We and our govornments preach "human" rights, yet each day our govornments breach human rights and we stand by and let them.

Also our govornments and businesses hold us back. They work witch each other to maintain power, withholding technology. We as a race again stand by and let it happen because we cann not be bothered dealing with the problems.

Currently I would actually say we are in a second "dark age", yes our technology is developing at a high rate, unlike in the past, however spiritually/ethically we turn a blind eye, simply because we are to comfortable/lazy/think it is not our problem.

Untill we get over these types of issues, I believe we are not ready. As a race we can accept that ET may exist but as a race we are nowhere near ready to be incorperated into ETs Universe.

I would say for ET to make contact, the following things need to be met:

Democratic World Govornment
Elimination of National Boundries and Borders
Equal Distribution of Wealth World Wide
World Wide Minimum Wage Laws
United and Equal World Wide Education System
Full participation of the democratic process by the entire planerty populace
The removal of the point of view that weath/money is the most important thing

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I think ufo's/aliens are currently here and have been for a very long time, however the world is not ready for a disclosure for many, many reasons!
I agree with most of the reasons stated above but I would also add religion! Why can't we simply all believe in God and get it over with already? Why must there be dozens if not hundreds of religions? Other than the atheists and polytheists don't we all believe in God in one form or another? More wars and atrocities have been started as a result of religious differences than for any other reason I can think of!

If we hope to unite the world under one government then we must ignore our subliminal differences in religion, currency, education and language.
These are the biggest obstacles for "one world- united we stand" and unless the world truely unites the majority of the benevolent aliens, also known as the federation, will never take us seriously. Instead, the grays/draconians(presumably evil alien species) will only deal with the major world players on a "special basis" poviding them technology for something in exchange. These are my assumptions from various reading materials and may not necessarily be correct.

I was one of the people that considered the NWO evil and I still have many reservations about it but I also think it can be extremely beneficial if it is indeed not an evil plan as some people think and if this NWO agenda is performed in a politically correct and timely fashion! In other words, are we going to unite under the draconians or under the federation???
If we are going to unite under the "666" banner then its probably better if we don't unite at all!!!

[edit on 8/1/07 by SkepticGreek74]

[edit on 8/1/07 by SkepticGreek74]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Time again to bring this thread back to life. With all the CNN craziness with Larry King and the Texas UFO sightings and various other UFO money operatives in motion, it seems sad to realize were it true that UFOs were visiting us could we possibly not be ready?

I tend to be more optimistic, but this thread just has too many in depth posts about the topic. Something tells me there's been a sea change here at the ATS. These answers are long, comprehensive and ON topic.

Most of the newer threads bore me to tears.

And hey, anyone here heard of any relevant news updates involving Joe Firmage? This guy has been silent throughout all this, and I am wondering if he himself made it down to Texas to help make heads or tails of the happenings in Stephensville.

Just wondering.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Strong post, Esoteric Teacher. This thread is full of sound reasoning, and it's given me lots of food for thought.

I read some suggestions that between satellite feeds and ubiquitous communication streams we should already have the ability to demonstrate to the world any visibly any alien presence should it arrive. My read of the OP is that this would not bring clarity but chaos instead. The best case scenario would be if there were already enough people in the right distribution everywhere around the world who had some grasp of the full import of the disclosure. Such people would literally be the first wave of ambassadors - and they would be co-workers, neighbors, and friends, so their counsel could be trusted.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join