It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A true national tragedy in the making...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This surely qualifies as a terroristic threat....

Mexico is threatening to cut off all bulk exports of Tequila, claiming it needs to tighten quality controls on the gold-plated namebrand that is owned by the Mexican government and supposedly assures every bottle's high quality. If enacted, all Tequila would be bottled in Mexico.

channels.netscape.com.../ff/story/0002/20030926/082594947.htm&sc=reodd

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
that is terrible! I read that earlier and nearly cried. Can we link Mexico to al qaeda

Can Mexico cut off exports of undocumented workers also???

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
NooOoOOoOOOooOoOoo!!!

No, but seriously, think of all those poor little worms who'll be saved! The reduction in tequila sales will no doubt drastically reduce the number of worms who are sacrificed by Tequila!!

Okay, sorry, but seriously........... wait.......ok, so I don't have anything serious to say about it

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
tequilla slammers. . . .h hmhmmmmmmmm

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
All the best is bottled there anyway.

Anyone care to join me for a shot of Patron?

link   
Whats next? Only Russia can make Vodka? Only Jamaica can make Rum (mmmm spiced rum)

link   
Things are getting worse,

They reduced their exportation of tequila because of cactus shortage, and now this !

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I don't understand what the big fuss is about. Well actually I do, it's called Media Propaganda B.S.

Mexico is the only country making "Ta-Kill-Ya" so it makes sense that it would be bottled there in the first place. Maybe if they have their bottle factories over there then more of them can get jobs over there instead of coming here illegally and taking jobs in the U.S. Kill 2 birds with one stone!!

Plus didn't I just read something about LEVI's being shipped out of the U.S. Now that is something to Yell about. The U.S. manufactures almost nothing but War Materials anymore yet the media makes a big deal about Mexico wanting to have more control over THEIR own product. Why don't they point out how many Manufacturing Jobs Millions have already lost because of Greedy Big-Business Executives move the companies over seas or have "Sweat-Shops".

Is it any wonder that the U.S. is becoming a "Police State" and being run in a solely Militant Fashion?? All we create anymore is Weapons for the Military. Military Spending makes up almost all Scientific Funding, Contracting, Engineering, etc...

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Give me bourbon from Tennessee or Kentucky over tequila any day...

or any cold beer brewed in a Wisconsin microbrewery...

...However, if the Republic of Ireland said it was cutting off Guiness shipments to America... I would be seriously saddened.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Whats next? Only Russia can make Vodka? Only Jamaica can make Rum (mmmm spiced rum)

Actually, the EEC thinks so... They've recently been trying to fight internationally, on things like cheese only being called FETA if it's from Greece, etc.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What's would be cool is that only belgium would make beer

Their beers rock !

new topics

top topics

join